No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just gonna ask what people thought about Stauskas. I think he's a very viable option where the Raps will be selecting, and I would hate it if he was available and Masai didn't scoop him. Seems pretty legit this year, even without Burke and THJr. Might be a lil homer-ish, but I think he's a Kyle Korver in the making.

That video was shot in his parents backyard in Sauga. Love to have him!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Doug McDermott scored 45 points in his final home game at CenturyLink Center.

McDermott to me is the most interesting prospect in this draft. Really interested to see where he goes. He's more than just a spot up shooter. He can score. He's a big time scorer. He can post you up, he's very crafty, he's got a good face up game. And obviously he's a terrific 3pt shooter.
      BigCamB wrote: View Post
      I'll be following him closely too. Hopefully he proves his doubters wrong (He's the next Adam Morrison blabla) and has a really solid career.
      DMD has a way higher B-ball IQ than Morrison -- I don't see the comparison. My question is what position does DMD play at the next level? Can he guard faster 3's? Is he more of a stretch 4? It's tough to tell.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        DMD has a way higher B-ball IQ than Morrison -- I don't see the comparison. My question is what position does DMD play at the next level? Can he guard faster 3's? Is he more of a stretch 4? It's tough to tell.
        I don't see the comparison either, apart from the fact that they're white and score lots of points in college. But your average fan just instantly stereotypes him and labels him a bust and the next Morrison or Jimmer Fredette. I've seen it many, many times. Like you I'm not sure if he defends the 3 or 4 but I'm very curious to see how he will fare. Also offensively. I'm also curious to see what his offensive game will be like in the pros.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          Wiggins today: 41 points (12-18 FG, 15-19 FT), 8 rebounds, 5 steals, 4 blocks. fouled out.
          Thats a Monster line.

and why a lot of us were SO tank thirsty.

Think on it.

He might have been a Raptor. Born in bred GTA superstar prospect..... gonna be in Milwaukee

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
            Definitely. Jabari had a great game though against a much stronger opponent than West Virginia. Good to see Wiggins completely taking over a game though.
            Beating West Virginia in Morgantown is much tougher than beating North Carolina at home.

Comment

• McDermott is not only a lethal shooter and scoring machine, but he is also widely regarded as the smartest player in the country. His basketball IQ is off the charts, which allows him to find ways to score even when he's outmatched physically. If only he were two or three inches taller ...
              This is from ESPN, I'm guessing Chad Ford
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                Beating West Virginia in Morgantown is much tougher than beating North Carolina at home.
                Yes, definitely. besting a mediocre team that you've never lost to before is tougher than beating one of the hottest teams in the nation who had won twelve in a row prior.

Comment

• The ACC is very soft this year.

Comment

• Yes, it is.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      There's no comparison. except that they're both white and both 6'8.

Like you said, DMD has a way higher baskeball IQ than Morrison. He's also a much better shooter than Morrison.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Full highlights of Wiggins 41 if you missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt5JtlWnps

Comment

• The thing I don't like about McDermott is what's his position in the NBA? Is he quick enough to guard 3's? Strong enough to defend 4's?
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                            The thing I don't like about McDermott is what's his position in the NBA? Is he quick enough to guard 3's? Strong enough to defend 4's?
                            He'll play three, and if possible you hide him on the less dangerous wing scorer (or the guy who's more catch and shoot vs. drive to the basket).

Comment

• Andrew Wiggins highlights vs West Virginia
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt5JtlWnps#t=99

Look at the sequence starting at 1:37
                              Last edited by MACK11; Sun Mar 9, 2014, 11:09 PM.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...on-2014-draft/

Write up on the 'top' players in draft.

Crystal ball: one of them will be a raptor

Comment

Working...
                                X