The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Definitely. And ratings can even during the workouts and combines. Every year or so, you always seem to get a Joe Alexander, Dion Waiters, Tyrus Thomas, Aleks Radojevic, etc... who some dumb GM falls in love with during the workouts. And then, likely going against his better judgment, he picks that guy way higher than he had him rated, even a few months earlier.
    Dion is a good offensive player, a lot of fun to watch, creative, with some nice dunks. He has a higher PER than T Ross, btw.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      The one thing that scares me and should scare everyone else is say we draft a gem or a very solid player in the upcoming draft but we have DC as the head coach next season. I'm am pretty confident that the rookie we draft will barely get any min
      I don't believe that will be a concern.

Ujiri has said he plans on building through the draft.
      He has said this group would have a chance this year and they earned their shot this year.

What happens after this year is anyone's guess but my guess is there will be big changes as Ujiri really puts his stamp on the team.

I'm excited to see what the next few years bring.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I don't believe that will be a concern.

Ujiri has said he plans on building through the draft.
        He has said this group would have a chance this year and they earned their shot this year.

What happens after this year is anyone's guess but my guess is there will be big changes as Ujiri really puts his stamp on the team.

I'm excited to see what the next few years bring.
        Lets hope your right, I don't want another season of the vets playing more the younger guys
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Lets hope your right, I don't want another season of the vets playing more the younger guys
          I'm confused, the Raptors are winning aren't they?? so what are you whining about??
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I'm confused, the Raptors are winning aren't they?? so what are you whining about??
            listen here I DONT WANT TO FUCKING START A STUPID ARGUMENT with you all I said was that I had a concern that's it I didn't say fire Casey or anything like that so don't come here trying to start another argument because I don't give a shit

Comment

• Pretty sure you do or else you wouldn't reply.

Anyway, if you love watching the younger guys play so much. Go watch the tanking teams instead. How about the Sixers? Pelicans? #suggestion
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Pretty sure you do or else you wouldn't reply.

Anyway, if you love watching the younger guys play so much. Go watch the tanking teams instead. How about the Sixers? Pelicans? #suggestion
                Hahahaha your funny you just come on to RR to try and provoke people such as me just because I don't share the same opinion as you eh? btw I'd gladly watch the pelicans and sixers

Comment

Pretty sure you do or else you wouldn't reply.

Just to let you know your ignored! I don't want to see your ignorant posts tarnishing my time here on RR have a good day

Comment

Hahahaha your funny you just come on to RR to try and provoke people such as me just because I don't share the same opinion as you eh? btw I'd gladly watch the pelicans and sixers
                    Wrong. I'm just simply questioning your stupidity.

Raptors are 36-27(3rd in the East) and you're whining and bitching here that the younger guys aren't playing much?

Start whining when JV is playing 40 mins a game.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ...So, back to you know, what this thread is about -- the draft. Looks like Hairston is doing well in the D-League. The Raps don't look like they would need a player like him with the growth of Ross, but if Salmons goes he might be an option (depending on the speed he picks up defense...) He already has NBA 3 range.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...014-nba-draft/

He's averaging 21 ppg in the D-League, that's not bad. A bit one dimensional, but not bad.

Comment

• He's quite good, but I'd rather draft a point guard or a big man, and address a backup wingman maybe in the Free Agency period if Salmons isn't required. Looking at the free agent list, someone like Xavier Henry would be a solid addition. But yeh he can definitely shoot and score, he wouldn't be the worst selection.
                        Last edited by BigCamB; Fri Mar 14, 2014, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• I believe Hairston would be ready to jump into a rotation right away in the NBA. Some rookies are years in development and coaches often don't give them minutes because they're being paid to win games.

Comment

• Man, anyone know why Shabazz Napier is slotted in late second round everywhere? I've watched him a couple times this year (including last night in upset over Memphis), and I think he's a top-5 PG in the country. His offense is so smooth; he really sees the floor well and knows how to run a team. Would love to snag him with one of our second-round picks.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Man, anyone know why Shabazz Napier is slotted in late second round everywhere? I've watched him a couple times this year (including last night in upset over Memphis), and I think he's a top-5 PG in the country. His offense is so smooth; he really sees the floor well and knows how to run a team. Would love to snag him with one of our second-round picks.
                              Unlikely to be seen as having a lot of potential seeings he is 23 in July.

And if scouts have this opinion it is all kind of self explanatory.

Napier's shortcomings as a distributor and unselfish teammate are well documented--Andre Drummond looked mediocre alongside him and Jeremy Lamb in his lone season at UConn--but he's made some strides in this area at the college level under former NBA point guard Kevin Ollie.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2vykc7DkI
                              http://www.draftexpress.com

Comment

• To be honest, I'm all for going in to the top 10 to get a Randle (longshot), Vonleh, or Gordon without giving up our pick so we can get a pg-pf combo. Like Gordon-LaVine (looking like he might be available round 20)

Of course, I'll probably also hate the cost, which I imagine being Ross+ or DD+.

Hypocritics are awesome though.
                                Last edited by Mindlessness; Fri Mar 14, 2014, 07:13 PM. Reason: Clarity.

Comment

Working...
                                X