No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there's going to be something really nice available at 20. People are going to slide, others are going to randomly go up after "impressive work outs" or something else random like combine measurements. nbadraft.net currently has Aaron Gordon dropping to #20 to Toronto. I don't trust them and can't see that happening at ALL, but there'll be something. Just have to trust our guys that they make a good call.

And get a bit lucky

Comment

• UCLA is playing Arizona right now in PAC-12 final. Fun game thus far. LaVine has struggled though.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Jerami Grant anyone watch this kid?

Comment

• He seems like a freak athlete at 6'8 with serious wingspan. Like 7'2 1/2 I think I read. Very raw offensively though, doesn't shoot threes at all. Lots of potential on both ends. Syracuse really struggled when he went down with injury.

I saw a couple of sites including DX having him go to the raps right now.
          Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Mar 16, 2014, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Kansas, Florida and Cuse all in the same bracket

Warren Buffet made sure nobody is winning $1B, I guess.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Kansas, Florida and Cuse all in the same bracket

Warren Buffet made sure nobody is winning $1B, I guess.
              I got Kansas winning that bracket if they can survive till Embiid gets back.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                He seems like a freak athlete at 6'8 with serious wingspan. Like 7'2 1/2 I think I read. Very raw offensively though, doesn't shoot threes at all. Lots of potential on both ends. Syracuse really struggled when he went down with injury.

I saw a couple of sites including DX having him go to the raps right now.
                He's kwahi leonard pretty much ahah
                can defend 1,2,3,4 effectively but has no outside shot whatsoever
                Also a freak athlete 6'9 7'3 wingspan

Comment

• Chad Ford now has Dario Saric ranked at no.11 in the latest mock of non-freshmen. Including freshmen, that would put him at around no.20. Apparently, teams are afraid that he'll stay in Europe for a few years. A Nikola Mirotic situation.

Pretty intriguing. The Raptors don't necessarily need a rookie right away. In fact, if a rookie stays in Europe, that's extra cap space to chase Chris Bo.. I mean, some free agent. Saric was expected to go in the lottery both last year and this year. I've seen him ranked around no.7-9 earlier this year.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    Jerami Grant anyone watch this kid?
                    Taht would be a tremendous pick up as a defensive wing with size and athleticism.

He is a projet on the offensive side, but with Terrence and Demar he would be an awesome fit.

What you guys think of Cauly-Stein? I think he would be a good backup center to JV, and a great complement to 2Pat and Amir.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                      Chad Ford now has Dario Saric ranked at no.11 in the latest mock of non-freshmen. Including freshmen, that would put him at around no.20. Apparently, teams are afraid that he'll stay in Europe for a few years. A Nikola Mirotic situation.

Pretty intriguing. The Raptors don't necessarily need a rookie right away. In fact, if a rookie stays in Europe, that's extra cap space to chase Chris Bo.. I mean, some free agent. Saric was expected to go in the lottery both last year and this year. I've seen him ranked around no.7-9 earlier this year.
                      An even bigger concern with Saric is a repeat of the Fran Vasquez situation. Drafted 11th in '05 (right after Andrew Bynum) he decided to stay in Europe and has never come over - a totally wasted lottery pick.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DX has us picking Montrezl Harrell at 20
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          DX has us picking Montrezl Harrell at 20
                          Is the Z silent?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Is the Z silent?
                            the L at the end is silent you say it like MONTREZ

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              or I'm wrong looool I'm not certain

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                that is right. L is silent
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X