No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shabbaz has a problem and that he is 6'1 some of his errors are mental and others are he is just short.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      Chad Ford now has Dario Saric ranked at no.11 in the latest mock of non-freshmen. Including freshmen, that would put him at around no.20. Apparently, teams are afraid that he'll stay in Europe for a few years. A Nikola Mirotic situation.

Pretty intriguing. The Raptors don't necessarily need a rookie right away. In fact, if a rookie stays in Europe, that's extra cap space to chase Chris Bo.. I mean, some free agent. Saric was expected to go in the lottery both last year and this year. I've seen him ranked around no.7-9 earlier this year.
      I was reading somewhere (can't remember where) recently that Saric has really struggled this year. He hasn't made the improvements that people were expecting and may have regressed in a few areas. Some seem to be questioning his NBA potential now.

Don't know if anyone else saw this and can confirm or clarify?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I was reading somewhere (can't remember where) recently that Saric has really struggled this year. He hasn't made the improvements that people were expecting and may have regressed in a few areas. Some seem to be questioning his NBA potential now.

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/c...e-options.html

He doesn't really want to play in the nba..

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Man, it's incredible how much this draft class was praised before they started playing, and how far it's fallen in some peoples eyes since.

For what it's worth, if we are talking potential, then you have to throw Wiggins into the conversation as a franchise player. He's got absolutely everything it takes to be great and the rest is just mental for him.

Comment

Clearly that scout hasn't seen what Wiggins has done IN Embiid's absence..
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Has anyone seem much of Jordan Clarkson of Missouri? A recent (Feb) mock I just read have the Raps taking him at 20 and I've never heard of him.

"20 Toronto – Jordan Clarkson, PG, Missouri. Raptors are playing their way out of the lottery, which will cost them the better pure point guard (Ennis). But Clarkson, the Tulsa transfer, is quite the consolation prize: 18.7 ppg on 47 percent shooting. Clarkson has great size (6-foot-5) and two things to keep in mind: He’s playing with serviceable (at best) big men and a coach (Frank Haith) who hasn’t done much in the postseason."
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

There is so much misinformation now a days that you can't believe everything you hear with regards to the draft. What team does that scout work for? What if that scout really likes Wiggins? If you really liked Wiggins would you not want to mention other names so that you hope Wiggins falls to you at draft time?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    There is so much misinformation now a days that you can't believe everything you hear with regards to the draft. What team does that scout work for? What if that scout really likes Wiggins? If you really liked Wiggins would you not want to mention other names so that you hope Wiggins falls to you at draft time?
                    Teams change their opinions based on twitter comments?

Scouts don't agree on most players and red flags, which almost all players have, become larger or smaller depending on the scouts perceptions.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Maybe they meant 3pt shooting? Overall he's having a breakout year right now.

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/c...e-options.html

He doesn't really want to play in the nba..
                      If he gets 1.2 mil euros a year as per article, financially it could make sense to stay in Europe for a few years until his rookie salary restriction expires. Assuming that's 1.2 mil euros after taxes, it is equivalent to some 3 mil USD in the NBA. Basically, high lottery salary.

There's always a risk of someone never coming to the NBA at all, but it's pretty rare among the very best. The NBA is still more lucrative, if you are an NBA starting caliber player.

I'd be also concerned about how he's developed by that Turkish team or even Barcelona/Madrid.

Anyway, it's risky, but if his talent is as great as scouts suggest, then at no.20 it's a reasonable risk.

I wish I could find some full games somewhere. The little bits that I saw were pretty impressive but it's not the same as an actual full game.

Comment

• Yeah I've never seen anyone say Saric has had a poor year. DX is still really high on him. It's just a question of will he actually declare... He didn't like his draft stock last year, and he doesn't seem to like it this year either.

Comment

• I wouldn't touch Saric with a ten foot pole
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                            Yeah I've never seen anyone say Saric has had a poor year. DX is still really high on him. It's just a question of will he actually declare... He didn't like his draft stock last year, and he doesn't seem to like it this year either.
                            Possibly. It makes little sense to me. But based on that rocwell's link, he has no agent and his dad seems to be taking care of things to some degree, so maybe that's the problem. Bad representation.

It seems like the worst thing to do (financially) is to sign in Europe and withdraw from the draft. It makes more sense to either enter the NBA now and wait for that second contract, or stay in Europe, get drafted now and let the rookie restrictions expire in 3 years a la Nikola Mirotic. That way he could make more money now for a few years and then he can sign a fair contract in the NBA.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              I wouldn't touch Saric with a ten foot pole
                              I think touching people with poles is rude in general.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                Possibly. It makes little sense to me. But based on that rocwell's link, he has no agent and his dad seems to be taking care of things to some degree, so maybe that's the problem. Bad representation.

It seems like the worst thing to do (financially) is to sign in Europe and withdraw from the draft. It makes more sense to either enter the NBA and wait for that second contract, or stay in Europe, get drafted now and let the rookie restrictions expire in 3 years a la Nikola Mirotic. That way he could make more money now for a few years and then he can sign a fair contract in the NBA.
                                Agreed, but I've heard that he has questionable character, is a bit of a wild card...on DX's scouting report they said this also. The weird statements you hear come out from his camp kinda confirm this, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the father having a huge influence either.

Comment

Working...
                                X