The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
    idk how to post a picture of a tweet but per Ryan Wolstat: Masai will draft by best player available and not by need, also bigger sf wing and shot blocker big man center/pf is biggest team needs. Basically talent>need
    Click on the "embed tweet" option, and then copy and paste here.

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
      idk how to post a picture of a tweet but per Ryan Wolstat: Masai will draft by best player available and not by need, also bigger sf wing and shot blocker big man center/pf is biggest team needs. Basically talent>need
      blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      Here you go.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Click on the "embed tweet" option, and then copy and paste here.
      Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a Day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for the rest of his life.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        I hate this video player, but here

Thanks.

Weird a guy so quick on defense is so unathletic when it comes to explosiveness.

I would certainly roll the dice on him in 2nd round.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          His value is a lot less than Amir.

If you offered that, they'd more than jump.

I'd offer hansbrough or Novak and maybe OKC 2nd round pick.

I'd stay away from Haywood as he has 2 more years on his contract.
          Bismack is only 21 and a lot cheaper than Amir and will be a restricted free agent after the season (Amir will be unrestricted). I also think he had a pretty good year, he got a lot better than the year before.

His per 36 of 7.5 pts, 12.3 reb, 2.9 blk, 0.611 FG% is pretty fucking good for a 21 year old center if you ask me.

Not sure why you think Amir's value is so much higher when Amir costs twice as much, is done evolving as a player, and could bolt after one year. Bismack is a better rebounder and shot blocker than Amir, and still has a lot of potential (he'd be a nice piece for the future). He brings different stuff to the table so I don't think it's a clear cut case of one guy being more valuable than the other.

Also, Haywood could be waived after this upcoming season so it's really only a 1 year deal. Not sure how much of his salary would count against the cap if we waived him, so use someone else for filler if you need to. I just picked him because it worked salary wise, no thought process beyond that. The trade is really Amir for Bismack.

To think we could get Bismack for Hansbrough and Novak is nuts. Bismack had a way better season than either of those guys, plus the aforementioned fact that he is only 21 and has lots of progression still coming. If that's what we offered Charlotte would just look elsewhere. There is a demand for elite shot blockers and rebounders league wide.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Bismack is only 21 and a lot cheaper than Amir and will be a restricted free agent after the season (Amir will be unrestricted). I also think he had a pretty good year, he got a lot better than the year before.

His per 36 of 7.5 pts, 12.3 reb, 2.9 blk, 0.611 FG% is pretty fucking good for a 21 year old center if you ask me.

Not sure why you think Amir's value is so much higher when Amir costs twice as much, is done evolving as a player, and could bolt after one year. Bismack is a better rebounder and shot blocker than Amir, and still has a lot of potential (he'd be a nice piece for the future). He brings different stuff to the table so I don't think it's a clear cut case of one guy being more valuable than the other.

Also, Haywood could be waived after this upcoming season so it's really only a 1 year deal. Not sure how much of his salary would count against the cap if we waived him, so use someone else for filler if you need to. I just picked him because it worked salary wise, no thought process beyond that. The trade is really Amir for Bismack.

To think we could get Bismack for Hansbrough and Novak is nuts. Bismack had a way better season than either of those guys, plus the aforementioned fact that he is only 21 and has lots of progression still coming. If that's what we offered Charlotte would just look elsewhere. There is a demand for elite shot blockers and rebounders league wide.
            Seriously, you're comparing Bismack "No one knows your real age" Biyombo http://www.sbnation.com/nba-draft/20...nba-draft-2011

to Amir "The advanced stat-all star" Johnson? http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014...oronto-raptors

Come on you're not serious. They could get a lot more for Amir than Biyombo. Somehow I think this whole thread of thinking is silly.

Also, Amir Bolting?

A few weeks ago, someone tweeted Johnson asking him if he liked playing in Toronto and Canada.

“I don’t just like it,” he replied. “I LOVE IT!”

So much so that Johnson will consider living here full time after he retires (he keeps a residence in T.O year-round), which is something that almost never happens with American athletes.

“What can I say? Toronto’s a part of me now,” he said.
            http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/03...-loves-toronto

With that sorted can this thread go back to being about the draft, and trade scenarios go elsewhere? Thanks.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Seriously, you're comparing Bismack "No one knows your real age" Biyombo http://www.sbnation.com/nba-draft/20...nba-draft-2011

to Amir "The advanced stat-all star" Johnson? http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014...oronto-raptors

Come on you're not serious. They could get a lot more for Amir than Biyombo. Somehow I think this whole thread of thinking is silly.

Also, Amir Bolting?

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/03...-loves-toronto

With that sorted can this thread go back to being about the draft, and trade scenarios go elsewhere? Thanks.
              Amir is a better player right now hands down, not even close. I just know Charlotte isn't sending Bismack out for garbage like Hansbrough (some people way over value our guys and way under value other teams guys). We'd have to offer someone like Amir if we wanted Biyombo or Charlotte would just look elsewhere for a trade partner.

I think it's great Amir loves Toronto so much, but that doesn't change the fact he doesn't fit the future of the team beyond next season. If we resign Patterson for 3 or 4 years, we don't want to also lock up Amir long term otherwise we're stuck with them as our PF rotation moving forward. I'm guessing we take a PF in this years draft and he comes off the bench behind Amir and PPat for a year before taking the starting gig in 2015. Either that or we could use the 2015 cap space to make a big offer to Love or Aldridge. I don't see Amir being with the team long term now that we're committed to Patterson.

Comment

• Basically this year turned out exactly the worst case scenario.
                First round exit with no lottery pick.
                Likely going to go into next year with the same team as this year just more expensive with the same horrible coach.
                Every team below the Raps except for possibly NY will be better, healthier and will have better/more picks in one of the better drafts in NBA history.
                The Raps will be a treadmill team for the near future fighting to get into the playoffs.
                The only way the Raps could possibly improve this off season is if Lowry were to be in a S&T which probably won't happen because the dreamers in Toronto think he's going to be an all star.
                Wonderful.

Comment

• Wiggins wrote: View Post
                  Basically this year turned out exactly the worst case scenario.
                  First round exit with no lottery pick.
                  Likely going to go into next year with the same team as this year just more expensive with the same horrible coach.
                  Every team below the Raps except for possibly NY will be better, healthier and will have better/more picks in one of the better drafts in NBA history.
                  The Raps will be a treadmill team for the near future fighting to get into the playoffs.
                  The only way the Raps could possibly improve this off season is if Lowry were to be in a S&T which probably won't happen because the dreamers in Toronto think he's going to be an all star.
                  Wonderful.
                  Well that's not true. We'll be a shoe in for top 5 in the East next year, and should take the division too. Then in 2015 we have cap space to bring in a star player like Love or Aldridge. Hardly on the treadmill. You'll just have to "pain" your way through a 50 win season next year.

Comment

• I still like Early at #20 at this point

obviously there's tons of time to go still and we haven't even had minicamps and whatever

but yeah. Early.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• and sign Trevor Ariza
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        and sign Trevor Ariza
                        Good Lord no.

No one remembers what happened following his last contract year?

He spent 5 years as an afterthought and traded a few times and then included as part of a salary dump by New Orleans along with Okafor.

Glad to see he is playing well now but too bad he wasn't doing this consistently over the last 5 years.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Well that's not true. We'll be a shoe in for top 5 in the East next year, and should take the division too. Then in 2015 we have cap space to bring in a star player like Love or Aldridge. Hardly on the treadmill. You'll just have to "pain" your way through a 50 win season next year.
                          hes a troll, i say he should get banned

bitch keeps killing the vibe
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yeah count me out on Ariza
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Fuck Ariza. Talk about lateral moves. Let's pay a bunch of money ($7M-$8M) to a guy so we can not really be any better. Seems like a foolish overreaction to Joe Johnson being a baller. Boston had the same exact trouble guarding Joe Johnson in 2007 when Boston won the championship (The terrible Hawks took Boston to 7 games in the 1st round largely on Joe Johnsons play). Joe Johnson is just really good and difficult for anyone to guard.

As mcHappy pointed out. Ariza has had 2 good seasons ever, his last 2 contract years. We should avoid him like the plague. I hope Washington gives him a truckload of money and he reverts to his career averages.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                I still like Early at #20 at this point

obviously there's tons of time to go still and we haven't even had minicamps and whatever

but yeah. Early.
                                I really like Early, but I have a lot of questions about his ability to guard the 3.

PRIMER -- I hear you, my suspicion is that this off season will be about filling obvious holes. While during the next season/off-season is when they'll adjust the nucleus with upgrades...

Comment

Working...
                                X