No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't this thread stickied since everything is being merged into this?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      You can't work on motor, but you can work on D.

And his jumper is really bad. His mechanics are terrible and the last player like that to be drafted was MKG....whose shot is still completely terrible.

Offense is not something that you can necessarily just work on and become good at. Just like some guys always suck at D, some guys can never get their O developed.
      oh for sure, i'm just saying offense is easier to learn than defense. dude was basically an afterthought on offense. kinda rightfully so, i guess, but i'm sure if they had a good shot doctor come in and break down his mechanics and waterboard him for a couple weeks he could become a decent factor on offense. just gotta work at it.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        oh for sure, i'm just saying offense is easier to learn than defense. dude was basically an afterthought on offense. kinda rightfully so, i guess, but i'm sure if they had a good shot doctor come in and break down his mechanics and waterboard him for a couple weeks he could become a decent factor on offense. just gotta work at it.
        And I'm just saying don't be so sure. It's really bad. He's right handed and his shot is launched from his left side, with a hitch in it....I think it's around the 9:50 mark that the shots start.

Comment

• Did you catch when i mentioned water boarding him?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• man i can't watch him shoot and not laugh
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Early looks like the absolute classic "Tweener" to me, not just defensively but offensively as well. Admittedly I can only judge that based on looking at his DX video, as the only time I saw him play was against Kentucky where he looked like KD.

Comment

• The Ariza talk is funny. I doubt he would sign here.

Colangelo went after him with a big contract offer, and he turned it down for a lower salary to play elsewhere. We ended up with Turk instead. Wonderful.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  The Ariza talk is funny. I doubt he would sign here.

Colangelo went after him with a big contract offer, and he turned it down for a lower salary to play elsewhere. We ended up with Turk instead. Wonderful.
                  Did he? I remember Turk being a high priority...and wanting to smash my head into a brick wall....

Comment

And I'm just saying don't be so sure. It's really bad. He's right handed and his shot is launched from his left side, with a hitch in it....I think it's around the 9:50 mark that the shots start.

How can you possibly be that bad of a shooter?

Comment

• Upsiiiiideeee

Comment

You can't work on motor, but you can work on D.

And his jumper is really bad. His mechanics are terrible and the last player like that to be drafted was MKG....whose shot is still completely terrible.

Offense is not something that you can necessarily just work on and become good at. Just like some guys always suck at D, some guys can never get their O developed.
                        If Grant can be like MKG. Then he's a STEAL at #20.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post

Upsiiiiideeee
                          Defence would be the reason we draft him.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            If Grant can be like MKG. Then he's a STEAL at #20.
                            Maybe, but it would be a terrible fit in terms of spacing on offence. And I'm not sure Grant's other skills are as good as MKG. Grant is really really raw offensively, even more than MKG was.

I'm a big fan of getting guys who can be effective on both ends to some degree, and also of trying to get pieces that fit well together and complement each others skills.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                              Defence would be the reason we draft him.
                              He's got offensive tools though, his handles look really nice and he can pass.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post

Upsiiiiideeee
                                I really like his Defensive ability and size. Dude has the potential to be an elite defender. Sort of reminds me of a fusion between Deng and Jimmy Butler, not as good offensively as either of them tho. His jumpshot isn't ugly, just needs to work on it a bit and i think he'll be a decent shooter. Where is he projected currently?

Comment

Working...
                                X