No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picks to target to move up could be...

10-Philly
    12-Orlando
    14-Phoenix
    16-Chicago
    17-Boston
    18-Phoenix
    19-Chicago

All teams with multiple picks. Not sure if any top 10 picks will be available at acceptable cost.

And for a double move up if they want to move from early 2nd to late 1st.

21-OKC
    23-Utah
    27-Phoenix
    29-OKC
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu May 15, 2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      i wouldn't mind moving up for James Young. He's a really gifted scorer and would give the second unit a serious lift. Not really the greatest defender but he's got the wingspan and lateral speed to be decent, at least.
      Demar 2.0 maybe
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        Cleveland wants Valanciunas for that pick.
        Hahahahaha

no
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Have you heard about Kristaps Porzingis 18 years old kid from Latvia? Projected 1st round pick..

7 footer with amazing defensive upside and ability to shoot from outside.
          Last edited by rocwell; Thu May 15, 2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Have you heard about Kristaps Porzingis 18 years old kid from Latvia? Projected 1st round pick..

7 footer with amazing defensive upside and ability shoot from outside.
            If we get him we have three options:

a) Trade JV

b) Have an amazing back up center (either him or JV, whoever gets outperformed)

c) Roll with a twin towers lineup (since he can shoot from outside?)

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Have you heard about Kristaps Porzingis 18 years old kid from Latvia? Projected 1st round pick..

7 footer with amazing defensive upside and ability to shoot from outside.
              Mentioned him a couple pages back. I don't know how the fan base would feel about that pick. His really Bargnani like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Mentioned him a couple pages back. I don't know how the fan base would feel about that pick. His really Bargnani like.

Don't know if he'd come over right away though. Looks like a stasher. He's still really raw and skinny.

Comment

• With respect to Utah/Cleveland trading their pick: Utah might be open to it but only because their main need right now is a starter-quality wing (or Joel Embiid replacing Enes Kanter, who they would then trade). The middle part of the lottery is bigs and point guards, which they don't need particularly, so if they don't get a high pick and miss out on Wiggins/Embiid/Parker, they might try to trade it for a quality wing instead. Except we don't have a quality wing to send them except DeMar. Not worth it.

Cleveland would only want Jonas for the pick, but if they grab a high-priced veteran for the pick they might want some cap relief to make it work, and we might want to talk to them about trading Hansbrough or Salmons for a young asset who doesn't fit into their compete-NOW-NOW-NOW plans.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                    With respect to Utah/Cleveland trading their pick: Utah might be open to it but only because their main need right now is a starter-quality wing (or Joel Embiid replacing Enes Kanter, who they would then trade). The middle part of the lottery is bigs and point guards, which they don't need particularly, so if they don't get a high pick and miss out on Wiggins/Embiid/Parker, they might try to trade it for a quality wing instead. Except we don't have a quality wing to send them except DeMar. Not worth it.

Cleveland would only want Jonas for the pick, but if they grab a high-priced veteran for the pick they might want some cap relief to make it work, and we might want to talk to them about trading Hansbrough or Salmons for a young asset who doesn't fit into their compete-NOW-NOW-NOW plans.
                    Anthony Bennett?

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                      Anthony Bennett?
                      Don't like his contract.

If the Raps are looking for a shooter, I'd look at Karasev. He had a rough rookie year, but he'd always been a sniper and gotta wonder if he just needs a better situation than the total dysfunction that was going on in Cleveland last year.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Don't like his contract.

If the Raps are looking for a shooter, I'd look at Karasev. He had a rough rookie year, but he'd always been a sniper and gotta wonder if he just needs a better situation than the total dysfunction that was going on in Cleveland last year.
                        Delladenova? (probably spelt that wrong )

Comment

• Delly would vault the raptors into championship status with his Awesomeness. Not sure we are worthy of his presence.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Don't like his contract.

But isn't AB on a rookie contract? He only has 2 more guaranteed seasons, right? Is it the cap hold? It looks like 2 @ 5 mill, then an option at 7 (he will never see that option), and then a cap hold of 9 (I doubt he sees this either).

Not that AB is on my list for the Raps. They would have to rebuild the guy's confidence, adjust his diet, send him to the D League team that the Raps do not own for a few games. That's more of a concern to me than his contract.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              But isn't AB on a rookie contract? He only has 2 more guaranteed seasons, right? Is it the cap hold? It looks like 2 @ 5 mill, then an option at 7 (he will never see that option), and then a cap hold of 9 (I doubt he sees this either).

Not that AB is on my list for the Raps. They would have to rebuild the guy's confidence, adjust his diet, send him to the D League team that the Raps do not own for a few games. That's more of a concern to me than his contract.
                              I just don't see a point in going after him if he's not in long-term plans, and because he's a #1 pick, his price tag is way too high for what he's shown so far. Seems like a waste of an asset to trade anything for him when you can maybe use it for a better option, or keep it for less financial consequences.

Karasev could be cheaper in asset cost, and is much cheaper in dollars.

Comment

• The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Jerami Grant averaged better than 12 points and nearly seven rebounds a game for Syracuse and will likely be a first-round pick come draft day. He certainly improved those chances Thursday.

Grant, who was measured as a small forward, checked in with a standing reach of 8’11”, which just so happened to be higher than that of power forwards Aaron Gordon, James Michael McAdoo, Patric Young and Julius Randle.

Grant also tied Kyle Anderson for the longest wingspan (7’2.75”) of any small forward, and only five players in total, who just so happened to be centers or power forwards, had longer wingspans.

Versatility is so highly valued in the NBA, and former general manager Tom Penn thought Grant helped his stock in that department Thursday, via Mike Waters of Syracuse.com: “We start to think of him as power forward, a rebounder and shot-blocker. You can make a credible case based off these measurables of him as a four.”

If we are to peek ahead a bit, Grant could boost his stock even more Friday when players are measured for vertical leaps and participate in drills and sprints.

After all, it is his athleticism that immediately stands out about his game, not a jump shot or particularly great ball-handling skills. Presuming Grant impresses in the athletically based drills, he could hear his name called on draft day much sooner than some expect.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...om-day-1?tsm=1

This kid has Casey written all over him. Huge defensive potential. High motor. Would be perfect for the small Casey like to play at times. With LeBron, Melo, Johnson, Deng in the east you need to find a player that can at least some what match up with them. Putting Ross on those guys just isn't fair to his skill set.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri May 16, 2014, 01:49 AM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X