The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    How about Amir + Ross + 2016 1st round pick for #8?
    No thanks. Not giving up 3 quality assets for a #8 pick.

I mean, obviously we have to see how things play out on draft night, but I'd consider Amir + #20 pick as a starting point. And I'd refuse to take back long-term salary (Landry, Thompson). I would not add Ross to the offer. Other players or 2nd rounders? Maybe. Yeah, sure...

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      They're gonna take Embiid and he's gonna be like Greg Oden........
      I really hope he is. The nba is just all over Cleveland because Lebrom left. They wanna see a Cleveland Miami east final...
      Last edited by yabadabayolo; Tue May 20, 2014, 09:21 PM.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Cleveland fans currently

Then they remember Anthony Bennett.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Giving up too assets in my opinion.

Never trade picks until you're set is my belief.

Amir and Ross for #8 I could get behind.

Kings have mclemore though
          Well on draft night I'd probably gladly swap the #20 for the #8. I would not trade a future 1st rounder though, nor would I add Ross to such an offer.

Comment

They're gonna take Embiid and he's gonna be like Greg Oden........
            Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            I really hope he is. The nba is just sucking Cleveland's dick because Lebrom left. They wanna see a Cleveland Miami east final...
            cruel people, cruel people...

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              I really hope he is. The nba is just sucking Cleveland's dick because Lebrom left. They wanna see a Cleveland Miami east final...
              Come on. Really?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                cruel people, cruel people...
                Well it is fucking annoying. Fuck Cleveland.

People might say this is proof there is a conspiracy. I think the opposite. There's no way a remotely competently run league would try so hard to make something work in Cleveland.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Then at halftime during game 7 LeBron runs to the Cavs dressing room, puts on a Cleveland jersey and leads them to the NBA title.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

People might say this is proof there is a conspiracy. I think the opposite. There's no way a remotely competently run league would try so hard to make something work in Cleveland.
                    It is annoying man.. but wishing an athlete career-ending injury is not cool. Not cool.

Comment

• No one here has mentioned it yet. But i cna see the Cavs trading that pick to Minny for Kevin Love.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lebron to return to the Cavs?
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No one here has mentioned it yet. But i cna see the Cavs trading that pick to Minny for Kevin Love.
                          And KLOVE leaving them the next year hahaha
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No one here has mentioned it yet. But i cna see the Cavs trading that pick to Minny for Kevin Love.
                            TWolves would gladly take that, but that is a bad trade for Cleveland. Love will bolt at the end of the year.

Comment

No thanks. Not giving up 3 quality assets for a #8 pick.

I mean, obviously we have to see how things play out on draft night, but I'd consider Amir + #20 pick as a starting point. And I'd refuse to take back long-term salary (Landry, Thompson). I would not add Ross to the offer. Other players or 2nd rounders? Maybe. Yeah, sure...
                              Agreed completely.

Although I must say, Amir is our defensive anchor, and although bringing in a starting quality PF is amongst the highest of our priorities, I would love to keep Amir on our roster.

We have so many backup-quality PF's, and I think that we can probably package the #20 with Hansbrough and Dwight Bucks. Sacramento need defensive toughness as well as a backup for Thomas at the PG spot. They get that, and also have a chance to bring in another quality role player with the 20th pick.

Sacramento doesn't need stars, they need role players and a clear vision that the team as a whole can buy into. The talent is there for them, they just need to establish an identity (like the Raptors have done in the past 2 years). They have the stars, they have the youth, andthey have the support of their ownership to make winning moves. They need to start working on building something now with what they have rather than continuously shifting around assets for other assets.
                              Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Tue May 20, 2014, 09:16 PM.
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                Come on. Really?

Well Cleveland has got the 1st pick 3 out of the last 4 years. There's something there. And the year they didn't get it they got the 4th pick. I see something greater happening here
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X