• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I'm really liking Elfrid Payton!
    He's going up draft boards like crazy
    I really hope he's around at 20
    I think Payton ends up going much earlier than 20.

In a total role reversal, Ennis might actually be the PG who ends up available at 20.

Comment

• Stokes looks OK, but we are talking about a 6'8" center, you can call him a PF, but dude plays in the paint only, he is a 5 on offense and that does not fit our team.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I think Payton ends up going much earlier than 20.

In a total role reversal, Ennis might actually be the PG who ends up available at 20.
        I agree with this, the unspectacular game of Ennis might drop him in the rankings.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Stokes was a face up player in high school and in his first year at Tennessee. Coach Martin asked Stokes to play in the post the last two seasons and Stokes accepted his role and excelled at it. Charles Barkley is a big fan of Stokes game.

Stokes talks about being an all around player at 1:45 of this draft combine interview:

Comment

• Very thoughful interview responses from Mr.Stokes. He seems to be very grounded on what his prospects are and is comfortable in his own skin. The intangible of "is this guy an *sshole" is answered. He would fit very well into the Raps "no bozo's in the room policy". He will be off the board before 37 which is just too damn bad for us. Good question is would we take him at 20 ?
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              What do people expect to get at 20+. We're not going to get superstar at the 20th pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yeah but you understand that there's a lot of really good young talent w/ high upside projected to be available at 20 right? Payton, Grant, Warren, Payne, Anderson, GRIII. Heck, Ennis and LaVine could still be on the board at 20.

This is not your ordinary draft man. This is a deep draft. Why settle for an UNDERSIZED PF like Stokes???
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

TRex wrote: View Post
                Yeah but you understand that there's a lot of really good young talent w/ high upside projected to be available at 20 right? Payton, Grant, Warren, Payne, Anderson, GRIII. Heck, Ennis and LaVine could still be on the board at 20.

This is not your ordinary draft man. This is a deep draft. Why settle for an UNDERSIZED PF like Stokes???
                Jarnell Stokes has upside too. His 20 years old 260. All muscle 8.2 body fat percentage. His 1 rebounder in the draft. Would it be out of this world if he turned into a solid starter like David West(who he said he tries to model his game after) and Boozer? Two guys who always give us problems cause were so soft. Also the fact that he already had a private workout with Raps says a lot.

Plus if you look at Masai's short but, effective draft history. He tends to draft players that have been productive in college but, have one skill that translate. It's hard to find player that been more productive that Stokes. Everyone knows the one thing that translate from college to the pros is rebounding. Ask Kenneth Faried.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri May 23, 2014, 02:22 PM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Jarnell Stokes has upside too. His 20 years old 260. All muscle 8.2 body fat percentage. His 1 rebounder in the draft. Would it be out of this world if he turned into a solid starter like David West(who he said he tries to model his game after) and Boozer? Two guys who always give us problems cause were so soft. Also the fact that he already had a private workout with Raps says a lot.

Plus if you look at Masai's short but, effective draft history. He tends to draft players that have been productive in college but, have one skill that translate. It's hard to find player that been more productive that Stokes. Everyone knows the one thing that translate from college to the pros is rebounding. Ask Kenneth Faried.

Maybe Masai does like Stokes. That doesn't mean he's a good pick at 20. Right now he's pegged as a 2nd rounder. 31 on Draftexpress. 40 on nbadraft.net.

Basically, he could be available at 37, or at a pick close enough to that which would be easy to move up for. Why reach for him all the way at 20 (at least as things stand now)? There may be some player available at 20 who seems to have more obvious potential to be a sleeper and possible star, or even at least above average starter, and you could still get Stokes after that.

Even if you have to move up from 37, there are picks in the late 1st/early 2nd held by teams with multiple picks. OKC and PHX both have extra late 1st rounders. Milwaukee, Philly and Dallas all have extra 2nd rounders before our pick at 37.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri May 23, 2014, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Maybe Masai does like Stokes. That doesn't mean he's a good pick at 20. Right now he's pegged as a 2nd rounder. 31 on Draftexpress. 40 on nbadraft.net.

Basically, he could be available at 37, or at a pick close enough to that which would be easy to move up for. Why reach for him all the way at 20 (at least as things stand now)? There may be some player available at 20 who seems to have more obvious potential to be a sleeper and possible star, or even at least above average starter, and you could still get Stokes after that.

Even if you have to move up from 37, there are picks in the late 1st/early 2nd held by teams with multiple picks. OKC and PHX both have extra late 1st rounders. Milwaukee, Philly and Dallas all have extra 2nd rounders before our pick at 37.
                    I have no problem. If we get him at 37 that's a steal. I'm all for that. I just don't see him being there in a month. Private works are starting. If he can go into those workouts and make that 15 foot jumper(like he did at the combine) he will go in the 20s.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I have no problem. If we get him at 37 that's a steal. I'm all for that. I just don't see him being there in a month. Private works are starting. If he can go into those workouts and make that 15 foot jumper(like he did at the combine) he will go in the 20s.

That's why I said "as things stand now". I'd hope that he won't move up that much. Even in the 25-35 range we might still be able to trade up from 37 to get him. Again, there are multiple teams in that late 1st/early 2nd range with multiple picks that may be open to deals for whatever reason.

Comment

• Could Tyler Ennis fall to us? The only teams that really need a point guard are Orlando, LA, potentially Boston and Chicago

Chicago has picks 19&16

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          Could Tyler Ennis fall to us? The only teams that really need a point guard are Orlando, LA, potentially Boston and Chicago

Chicago has picks 19&16

At the moment it at least seems possible Ennis could even be on the board at 20

Comment

• just watched Draftexpresses video on Doug McDermott...I want him, he's like Landry Fields with a shot
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              just watched Draftexpresses video on Doug McDermott...I want him, he's like Landry Fields with a shot
                              Another wing would have to hide on D

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just thought, since some guys people around here want would be considered a reach at 20. Would it be possible to trade the 20th pick for like 2 early seconds? I honestly wouldn't mind. Getting stokes inglis and maybe Levine if he slips to the 2nd round. That would be an amazing draft and none of our picks would be reaches
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X