No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabari Parker is killing it. 25pts on 8/11 shooting. 9/10 from the FT line. 5min left in the game.

Randle with another double-double for UK.

Pangos w/ 34pts for the Bulldogs. 7/8 from behind the arc. Not bad eh?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Jabari Parker is killing it. 25pts on 8/11 shooting. 9/10 from the FT line. 5min left in the game.

Randle with another double-double for UK.

Pangos w/ 34pts for the Bulldogs. 7/8 from behind the arc. Not bad eh?
      You're watching the Duke game obviously... would you not kill to have Dan Shulman do all Raptor games, or what???

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        You're watching the Duke game obviously... would you not kill to have Dan Shulman do all Raptor games, or what???
        Shouldn't even be a question. Shulman is one of the best play by play guy in the business.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'd rather have Gus Johnson tbh, but Shulman is excellent as well.

Comment

• Whatever we need to do to get Nik Stauskas and Kevin Pangos must be done
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              Whatever we need to do to get Nik Stauskas and Kevin Pangos must be done
              Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wiggins and DeRozan together with Ross off the bench would be great.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  Wiggins and DeRozan together with Ross off the bench would be great.
                  Agreed. Problem is there's a pretty low chance of us getting Wiggins.

Wish he'd just pull a Kobe lol. Can't though with the rule changes and the expansion of social media.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. Problem is there's a pretty low chance of us getting Wiggins.

Wish he'd just pull a Kobe lol. Can't though with the rule changes and the expansion of social media.
                    Hate it when people say that.

First of all, Kobe was an unknown prospect coming out of HS. Unlike Wiggins who everybody is crowning as the next big thing.

Hornets took Kobe 13th overall in 96. He DIDN'T ask the Hornets to trade him. Nothing like that. But the team that time desperately need a C and they had Championship aspirations back then. So they sent Kobe's draft rights to the Lakers for veteran center Vlade Divac. Divac was a really, really good player in his prime.

If Kobe was as big a prospect as Wiggins or LeBron back in 03 i dont think the Hornets would trade him to the Lakers. No way.

So i dont understand this whole "pull a Kobe" thing. What exactly did he pull? it was pure stupidity by the Hornets. And it was pure genius by Jerry West and the Lakers.
                    Last edited by The Great One; Thu Nov 28, 2013, 05:32 PM.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

First of all, Kobe was an unknown prospect coming out of HS. Unlike Wiggins who everybody is crowning as the next big thing.

Hornets took Kobe 13th overall in 96. He DIDN'T ask the Hornets to trade him. Nothing like that. But the team that time desperately need a C and they had Championship aspirations back then. So they sent Kobe's draft rights to the Lakers for veteran center Vlade Divac. Divac was a really, really good player in his prime.

If Kobe was as big a prospect as Wiggins or LeBron back in 03 i dont think the Hornets would trade him to the Lakers. No way.

So i dont understand this whole "pull a Kobe" thing. What exactly did he pull? it was pure stupidity by the Hornets. And it was pure genius by Jerry West and the Lakers.
                      What people are referring to when they say "pull a Kobe" is this: http://lakernation.com/kobe%E2%80%99...ing-him-in-96/

Comment

• Great chance to see two good right out of the lottery players go at each other. Jahii Carson vs Doug. I myself interested to see how my old high school teammate defends Jahii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Kobe was an awesome phenom in high school, much better than Wiggins at the same age. Lots of clips of Kobe at Lower Merion on the web. Google it.

Here's one: http://deadspin.com/5769439/pre+mamb...shining-moment
                          Last edited by stretch; Thu Nov 28, 2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

The hornets didn't even draft kobe, they aggreed on the deal with the lakers the night before, and the lakers told them to draft kobe with the pick. The hornets even came out and said they weren't even planning on drafting kobe if they kept the pick.

Comment

• Last night's OK State game showed both the good and bad of Marcus Smart.

Smart's line on the night was 30 points, 4 Rb, 4 As but missed most of the 2nd half cause he picked up 4 fouls in about 1 minute. He got no steals but perhaps was forcing the issue and it almost cost his team as Purdue's big run came when he was on the bench.

http://college-basketball.si.com/201...-state-purdue/
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                                What people are referring to when they say "pull a Kobe" is this: http://lakernation.com/kobe%E2%80%99...ing-him-in-96/
                                Fuck the NBA is terrible like this. I wonder if this has happened to the Raps before. Not only do free agents pick the big markets, but so do 18 year olds out of high school? ***
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X