No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ennis' stock dropped with his performance falling off at the end of the last season at Syracuse with more turnovers, a lower shooting percentage, and less clutch play in crunch time. It would have been hard for any NBA prospect to sustain the near perfect crunch time play he had consistently for the first two thirds of the season.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
      It's actually $5m, and you can divide the $5m over multiple trades. But yeah, it's not enough to go buy multiple picks, most likely.
      Technically it is $3.2M:
      http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q96

Comment

But that is exactly the point. We're still in a rebuilding phase; we have no star player (Lowry is the closest we have and he's not at the level of a true star) and we need to accumulate assets in order to get our rebuild to the point where we can attract one, either via Spurs-style depth or trading young assets for a megastar when one becomes available.
        That's a lie. DeRozan is the closest we've got to a star player.

Comment

The Knicks are supposedly just trying to straight-up buy a first-round pick from OKC (#21) or Phoenix (#27) for three million bucks.

Surely, if we want another first-round pick, we can try to do that as well?
          I tend to agree that this is just Knicks media trying to drum up some hits. But, if that pick is on the table, we could easily outbid them with $3 million + #37. Analysts that talk about tiers are often saying that this year, there's a drop-off in the late teens, early 20s. Upgrading from near the bottom of the fourth tier to on the cusp between 3rd and 4th is worth the money.

Pay 3 million to draft two of Ennis, Capela, Stokes, Grant, McDaniels? I'd do that (easy to say when it's not my money, but if this ownership is commited to winning, I think it's money well-spent).

Comment

• Could we do

Cash + Salmons + 37 (if they want it) + Handsbrough?
            vs
            OKC 1st + Perkins

We get a back up big with nasty attitude, a pick to draft Ennis and Stokes back to back
            Okc gets cash relief + extra pick + a possible frountcourt of Adams and Handsbrough
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Uh, Ennis is in the second tweet...
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Embiid out 4-6 months get er done Masai

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                    Embiid out 4-6 months get er done Masai
                    Get what done? Do you want Embiid? This is a major red flag. He's had 2 back injuries and now a foot fracture....He's still a pretty skinny athletic kid, and his weight and workload will only go up in the pros. I'd say stay away.

Comment

• Personally I'd still be shocked if he fell past the Lakers. If they took a flier on Bynum, an overweight high school kid with a bad attitude and injury concerns, they will definitely pick up Embiid if he drops to them.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Get what done? Do you want Embiid? This is a major red flag. He's had 2 back injuries and now a foot fracture....He's still a pretty skinny athletic kid, and his weight and workload will only go up in the pros. I'd say stay away.
                        Meh I was joking a bit.

Comment

• For the 10% chance that Embiid becomes a superstar? I'd take those odds. Seriously

10% is probably low too.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Anyone got examples of injured players going into the draft actually doing well in the nba?

Comment

Anyone got examples of injured players going into the draft actually doing well in the nba?
                              Sullinger?

Comment

Anyone got examples of injured players going into the draft actually doing well in the nba?
                                Greg Oden is still in the league
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X