No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say we keep the pick, do any of u believe that maybe drafting ennis is frame work for bringing a mature wiggins home in a few years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• toronto_wax wrote: View Post
      Say we keep the pick, do any of u believe that maybe drafting ennis is frame work for bringing a mature wiggins home in a few years?

i don't think they are making plans for 7 years from now

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i don't think they are making plans for 7 years from now
        While likely true, I gotta admit that if anyone was to plan 7 years advance, it'd be Masai ...

Comment

• ....derozan for wiggins in a year?

Comment

• I think we should take Anderson at 20 and Bachynski at 37 I see something in him

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3mnbY2Wyo

i think he can play power forward

zeus and gordan vs the bully
              Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Jun 23, 2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• toronto_wax wrote: View Post
                ....derozan for wiggins in a year?

Aaaahhh... Sorry but this is the draft thread. Seriously. How does that even make sense?

1 makes 9 mill the other will make 3-5 mill...I would explain further, but seriously, the draft is this Thursday. Let's try to keep this thread from becoming another trade DeRozan thread for 4 or 5 more days. Thanks.

Am I the only one who thinks Bachynski is a Summer league invite, and not a late draft pick? That video Mixx posted, all I see is a big guy dropping the ball to touch his head to take a jump shot (slows down shot, makes his shot easier to block). The fact that he is schooling Bhullar, who should have slimmed down this year, returned to school with more athletic skills AND THEN entered the draft does not impress me.

Seriously, there's LOTS of interview footage of the guy but little actual game footage floating around, and the majority of those highlights were posted by a female with the same last name -- who also posted his brother's NCAA highlights. Love the family love. But that's all he's getting. He's a great interview, and appears to have a cool fam that plays basketball. But he's slow. Has a flaw in his shot, and his style of play doesn't really translate to the NBA.

I'm confident he's going to have a pro-basketball job somewhere -- he's very solid. But, I don't think he's as good, or as fast as Gray.

Comment

• Watch the video

I am going to make my final case for both I am going to make my final case for Anderson and even for bachynski .

Ucla had no center the next top team in the conference were bachynski (the bully) Arizona st and tarczewski (Zeus ) arizona and Anderson still managed to do what he did and take his team where he did. Zach Lavine was pure trash. Adams ? Anderson made him look really good.

Now when I was watching Arizona st I was watching Anderson and Lavine I went back and looked at the bully. He could go as high as 20 if Anderson is off the board I really like his game and his body can be built upon . At his height he is not suppose to move the way he does. I never noticed it cause I was looking at Zeus and Gordon or andserson and lavine but we have the potential to get 2 really good players in this draft.

Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Jun 23, 2014, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Look how Zeus goes off as soon as the bully is out if the game.

Imagine a line up Anderson derozan Ross bachynski JV

Comment

• Teams would never get a offensive rebound.

Comment

• Guys, here's the scouting report summary on bachynski:

A known commodity at this point, Bachynski is a prolific shot blocker with a nice hook shot and excellent size who will have a few questions to answer in the coming months regarding how he'll fit in at the NBA level. His lack of strength and lateral quickness will certainly be under the microscope as teams gauge what kind of impact he can have defensively at the next level.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz35YMqrFBd
                        http://www.draftexpress.com
                        There's just no way he's playing PF, and no way he's this athlete you guys are talking about.

He's got straight line speed but he's way slower than JV when you watch him on D.

And grindhouse - I agree with you to a certain extent that those two guys were great college players, I'm just not sure their games are going to translate the same way to the NBA. It's important to remember than Hansbrough was a college legend.

I'd shit a brick if we took Anderson at 20 and Bachynski at 37
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• People need to stop being infatuated by the Canadian players, and also need to stop evaluating players purely based on how dominant they were in college. Some guy's games don't translate to the NBA well, whereas some guys who put up weaker numbers in college tend to perform better at the NBA level. It's not as simple as just looking at who the best college player was or McDermott would be the #1 pick.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            People need to stop being infatuated by the Canadian players....
                            Speaking of which:
                            Last edited by Puffer; Mon Jun 23, 2014, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              However I am tired of never having any second round picks ever panning out and would rather get a role player, because at the end of the day even if he isn't anything more than a low-upside role player, he still has more value than a bench warmer or d-league guy.
                              Acy!

______

Drafting Bachynski to grow him into an Aaron Gray type of center is perfect for 59, don't expect anything else.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• An interesting group today

Jahii Carson

Position: Guard
                                Height: 5-10
                                College: Arizona State

Semaj Christon

Position: Guard
                                Height: 6-3
                                College: Xavier

Halil Kanacevic

Position: Forward
                                Height: 6-8
                                College: Saint Joseph's

James Michael McAdoo

Position: Forward
                                Height: 6-9
                                College: North Carolina

Johnny O’Bryant

Position: Centre
                                Height: 6-9

Dwight Powell

Position: Centre
                                Height:6-10
                                Myself (March 2014):
                                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X