The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Why can't we grab one of Chicago's picks, I heard they're trying to ditch it for veterans or cap relief!?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Who said we can't?

Trades for draft picks usually are not announced until after the pick is made on draft night. It's quite possible that Masai has deals lined up.

Comment

• I'm a little worried that the hype around Ennis was actually one of those small sample size things.

What if he just got caught up in the hype surrounding an unbeaten Syracuse? He made a few buzzer beaters, but that doesn't really mean he's great or anything.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Love Ennis' game... Think its a no brainer if he's still available at 20th

dont really think we should be looking into any international players until that 50th pick.
        Very curious to see what happens with top 15 picks and hopefully Masasi has something up his sleeve for us

Who im rooting for :
        1. Tyler Ennis
        2. Adreian Payne
        3. Doug McDermott

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          He doesn't have a high ceiling. At best he'll be a solid backup bigman. No need to reach for that when you could potentially get starter level players at 37 if you scout right, the Spurs do similar things all the time in weaker drafts.
          Nba PF want everyone wants. Can bang down low check , can hit the 15 footer check, and set screens check, can roll to the basket check, check weak side shot block check, can hold his ground and defend his position check.

Like I said after going back and watching if raptors drafted him at 20 and Anderson was gone I would mind at all. He is a game changer. I think with that gram at 7'2 he can add 30 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Frame *

Comment

• Hah. Bleacher Report did a redraft of the 2012 draft with Ross going at 5 & Acy at 30

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                I'm a little worried that the hype around Ennis was actually one of those small sample size things.

What if he just got caught up in the hype surrounding an unbeaten Syracuse? He made a few buzzer beaters, but that doesn't really mean he's great or anything.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  why though?
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Ennis isn't the athlete that guys like Westbrook or even chris paul are but his PG skills and IQ are undeniable. is he getting beaten in drills and 3 on 3's? sure, but who cares? his greatest talent is in running a team, which he did, that went unbeaten. not to mention no one on the team outside of him is a bonafide first rounder.

he quarterbacked that team with precision and when they needed him, put the team on his back.

so yeah, if he falls to 20 i'd take him and laugh the rest of the way to the bank.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ennis isn't the athlete that guys like Westbrook or even chris paul are but his PG skills and IQ are undeniable. is he getting beaten in drills and 3 on 3's? sure, but who cares? his greatest talent is in running a team, which he did, that went unbeaten. not to mention no one on the team outside of him is a bonafide first rounder.

he quarterbacked that team with precision and when they needed him, put the team on his back.

so yeah, if he falls to 20 i'd take him and laugh the rest of the way to the bank.
                      but the team really dropped off at the end of the season, and they kinda flamed out in the tournament.

if the only argument is that he's a winner, well, he didn't really win when it counted.

I'm not saying he's bad, I'm just looking for someone to tell me why he'll be good.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• people are way too quick to base what a players potential is on their measurable's and combine results. give me production and solid tape every. damn. day.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chad Ford's newest mock is up and has us taking Ennis with #20, Inglis with #37 and Russ Smith with #59.

Notable others discussed here:

Embiid 6th
                          Payton 12th
                          Saric 17th
                          LaVine 18th
                          Anderson 21st
                          Stokes 25th
                          Capela 27th
                          McDaniels 28th
                          GR3 31st
                          Dinwiddie 39th
                          Birch 47th
                          T-Po 52nd
                          Powell 56th
                          Bachynski 60th
                          Ejim N/A

Comment

people are way too quick to base what a players potential is on their measurable's and combine results. give me production and solid tape every. damn. day.
                            what do you think is so special about his tape? i'm not arguing with you, i'm actually hoping someone convinces me.

he's not super athletic, he's not an incredible shooter, he didn't make any spectacular passes, it's hard to judge his defense.

he didn't turn the ball over and seemed to be a good floor general at the college level, but that's not enough to sell me alone.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              but the team really dropped off at the end of the season, and they kinda flamed out in the tournament.
                              The tournament is fun, but it's the kingpin of small sample size. Dayton got hot and knocked off Syracuse in the second round. It happens. Syracuse's undefeated season record is far more important of that team's ability than the tournament results are. I mean, nobody is saying Wiggins and Embiid aren't lottery picks but Kansas got knocked off in the second round too.

Comment

• All I am saying is I know u guys like who u like but go back and watch the film

Comment

Working...
                                X