The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored speculation disclaimer (I fully expect Lowry to resign here):

If Lowry really wanted to go to the Lakers, would anyone be interested in a Pau Gasol sign and trade? I think he'd look pretty good next to JV as our starting PF. He still averaged 17 pts, 10 reb, 3.5 ast, 1.5 blk last year, with a 19.3 PER. I assume Pau's next contract will be around the same $ per year as Lowry's.

Would be a good contingency plan so we get something for Lowry instead of him just walking.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Bored speculation disclaimer (I fully expect Lowry to resign here):

If Lowry really wanted to go to the Lakers, would anyone be interested in a Pau Gasol sign and trade? I think he'd look pretty good next to JV as our starting PF. He still averaged 17 pts, 10 reb, 3.5 ast, 1.5 blk last year, with a 19.3 PER. I assume Pau's next contract will be around the same $ per year as Lowry's.

Would be a good contingency plan so we get something for Lowry instead of him just walking.
      i'd be ok with that if you swapped picks (or just got their #7)

then again i'd be totally fine with Lowry for Nash + 7
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        If Lowry leaves, or gives the vibe that he's going to leave to MU and TL, do you think Masai trades up for someone?

After all, if he's gone, wouldn't the easiest way to attract other future FA's be from drafting a potential star?

To me, the more i think about it the more it makes sense.

Put everything on the table to try and get Wiggins/Exum, except maybe Val.

ilyasova and #2 for DD #20 and one of the 2016 picks? I'd do it. Do it so fast.

I believe that Kyle coming back would be great for us. Lots to be said for keeping your players and growing as a team in the mode of the Spurs.
        If Ujuri feels that he either can't pay Kyle what he wants or Kyle wants to simply throw his lot somewhere else as is his right as UFA then the alternative is not so bad either. We get to spend the money that was going to be Kyles (10 to 11M) and we can spend it on Luol Deng. Vasquez moves into the starting role and if we do wind up with an Ennis or a Payton as the PG of the future at 20 and Inglis at 37 its still a pretty formidable lineup.

Edit .. The connection is there between Ujuri and Deng. Deng is a solid citizen, plays defense and fits what Casey wants from the SF position.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jun 24, 2014, 01:40 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          i'd be ok with that if you swapped picks (or just got their #7)

then again i'd be totally fine with Lowry for Nash + 7
          No way LA swaps picks with us since they don't even need a S&T to make a big offer to Lowry. The talent dropoff from 7 to 20 is fucking huge. LA thinks they will get Randle at 7. That's loads better than what we're expecting at 20.

Comment

• These are my 3 choices for 20th pick:

Ennis
            McDaniels
            Capela
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DraftExpress now has us drafting

Capela
              Inglis
              Bachynski
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                DraftExpress now has us drafting

Capela
                Inglis
                Bachynski
                Draftexpress changes their mock like crazy until about an hour before the draft. It's more useful just see what guys are in our range of picks, and even then, it's not that great a predictor.

Comment

• i'd like to see Masai trade up and get another 20 somethin pick. Then we select both Ennis and Capela, and with the 59th pick we pick up James Mcadoo if he's around. That would be the ideal draft imo

Ennis and Capela could definitely end up being very good players and starters for us. And Mcadoo is a low risk high reward pick, dude was projected as a top 10 pick a few years ago, Anyone know what happened to him? I'm guessing its cause he's older now

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    No way LA swaps picks with us since they don't even need a S&T to make a big offer to Lowry. The talent dropoff from 7 to 20 is fucking huge. LA thinks they will get Randle at 7. That's loads better than what we're expecting at 20.
                    There's even a chance Embiid could fall all the way to them at 7. Really I think Boston or LA will pick him. See a good chance he falls out of the top 5.

Comment

• McAdoo was a top ten pick two years ago based on his potential upside. He was a late first-round pick last year based on his potential upside. Now he's a marginal second-round pick based on his potential upside. I'm sure you can see the trend here.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        i'd like to see Masai trade up and get another 20 somethin pick. Then we select both Ennis and Capela, and with the 59th pick we pick up James Mcadoo if he's around. That would be the ideal draft imo

Ennis and Capela could definitely end up being very good players and starters for us. And Mcadoo is a low risk high reward pick, dude was projected as a top 10 pick a few years ago, Anyone know what happened to him? I'm guessing its cause he's older now
                        What do you like about McAdoo? He's athletic, but his game hasn't grown at all since he was a freshman, and he seems to have tweener potential in the bad sense.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          What do you like about McAdoo? He's athletic, but his game hasn't grown at all since he was a freshman, and he seems to have tweener potential in the bad sense.
                          Well with the 59th pick thats a steal haha
                          He's just big and athletic, i don't think there's a better player around at that point in the draft. You grab Mcadoo and see what you have

Comment

• hypothetically If Ennis and Elfrid Payton are available at 20, who you think Masai goes with? I can't see him passing on payton, fits the modern point guard mold perfectly!
                            "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• buckets wrote: View Post
                              hypothetically If Ennis and Elfrid Payton are available at 20, who you think Masai goes with? I can't see him passing on payton, fits the modern point guard mold perfectly!
                              I'd guess Payton too based on superior size and defense. Payton will likely be gone by our pick though. Too many teams interested in him ahead of us. His workout rise up the draft charts could push Ennis down to us though, which is a steal in my opinion.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                DraftExpress now has us drafting

Capela
                                Inglis
                                Bachynski
                                Sounds like what Masai said are needs were in his interview yesterday. Need of length/rim protection check. Need a big 3 check. Casey is jumping up and down if this what he gets at draft night.

http://youtu.be/aBOmMuIaJCU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X