The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    So the Cavs according to several reports are now "seriously" considering taking Exum 1st overall
    SB Nation say that Cavs flying a private jet to convince dante to come for a last-minute workout.

EDIT:

Comment

• The full details of the Knicks/Dallas trade, important because it affects the draft somewhat:

To Dallas:
      Tyson Chandler
      Raymond Felton

To New York:
      Jose Calderon
      Shane Larkin
      Wayne Ellington
      34th and 51st picks this year

New York didn't do this deal for Calderon (although he's a great shooter and they're happy to get him) - they did it for Shane Larkin and the picks, especially the 34th where there's still very good odds they get a quality rotation player at least. It's a rebuild move and a smart one.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        So the Cavs according to several reports are now "seriously" considering taking Exum 1st overall
        Cavs want to work him out so that the can consider moving down. Makes no sense considering they already have Irving. Exum I heard doesn't want to work out for them though (can't blame him).

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          The full details of the Knicks/Dallas trade, important because it affects the draft somewhat:

To Dallas:
          Tyson Chandler
          Raymond Felton

To New York:
          Jose Calderon
          Shane Larkin
          Wayne Ellington

New York didn't do this deal for Calderon (although he's a great shooter and they're happy to get him) - they did it for Shane Larkin and the picks, especially the 34th where there's still very good odds they get a quality rotation player at least. It's a rebuild move and a smart one.

Jose Calderon is meant to be traded for Tyson Chandler. good deal for Knicks anyway... im surprised NY ending up on the better side of the deal

Comment

• Stooley - the final model (Version#3) is a forecast using the college numbers (Version#1) as a starting point. For instance, they rank Gary Harris as the third best wing in the draft (or top 15 overall), while his NCAA numbers alone have him ranked at #114.

If you go to the article on their site, they have links to all their forecasts from previous years.

For instance in 2012, the drafted players they recommended were in order: Anthony Davis - Jae Crowder - Bradley Beal - Damian Lillard - Will Barton - Jared Sullinger - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Draymond Green - Thomas Robinson - John Henson. They thought Andre Drummond would be a bust, and they thought Terrence Ross would be mediocre.

Based just on this one year, there are some great players that they miss (e.g., Drummond) ... and the ones they recommend seem to turn into decent players or better.

Comment

• Damnnnn

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                The full details of the Knicks/Dallas trade, important because it affects the draft somewhat:

To Dallas:
                Tyson Chandler
                Raymond Felton

To New York:
                Jose Calderon
                Shane Larkin
                Wayne Ellington

I feel soooooo bad for calderon :'(

He went from playing with dirk nowitski back to playing with the human garbage named bargnani. (Aka the Italian nowitski) as much as I love Calderon I can only wish the Knicks the worst in the next couple of years
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• In a couple years from now that 2016 Knick first round pick has some potential to be a decent one. It might be a stretch for the Knicks to turn around the current mess in just two years time.

Comment

• So what is the Zen Master up to?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• fantastic trade for NY
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i'm actually shocked the Mavs would include Larkin in that deal at all. i'm seriously assuming they caught Cuban while he was drunk or something.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• re: exum, if they're not sold on wiggins i'd draft exum at #1. dude is a franchise talent and could play beside Irving.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              re: exum, if they're not sold on wiggins i'd draft exum at #1. dude is a franchise talent and could play beside Irving.
                              The greatest thing about exum would be making Irving expendable, dude seems to cause more drama in the locker room then he's worth. Plus I don't think highly of his on court game.

Still I'm not sure you take him #1, trade down for it

Comment

• Cant believe the Knicks made that trade! They definitely were the benefactors of it. But its not helping their defensive situation. They trade away Chandler and bring in Jose.

That being said, they needed a point guard with the court vision and playmaking ability that Jose has.
                                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X