The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    Cant believe the Knicks made that trade! They definitely were the benefactors of it. But its not helping their defensive situation. They trade away Chandler and bring in Jose.

That being said, they needed a point guard with the court vision and playmaking ability that Jose has.
    chandler was never healthy anyways dude
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I suppose the Knicks expect Melo to sign elsewhere.... Though there is a report out there that a s&t is a possibility with Houston for Harden.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        chandler was never healthy anyways dude

Regardless, Im sure he instilled that Defensive mentality into Woodson's system by being vocal.

Chandler is a true defensive anchor, but I still think that the Knicks have put themselves in a better position by making a trade.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• http://grantland.com/features/nba-dr...t-repick-1995/

give me the future all star clint capela
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            In a couple years from now that 2016 Knick first round pick has some potential to be a decent one. It might be a stretch for the Knicks to turn around the current mess in just two years time.
            Just have to pray nuggets suck too

Comment

i'm actually shocked the Mavs would include Larkin in that deal at all. i'm seriously assuming they caught Cuban while he was drunk or something.
              Drunk on 2011 memories

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                Regardless, Im sure he instilled that Defensive mentality into Woodson's system by being vocal.

Chandler is a true defensive anchor, but I still think that the Knicks have put themselves in a better position by making a trade.
                knicks sucked at defense, try again.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• anyways, word is the knicks are now looking at flipping Larkin/Dalembert for something else
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

of course they did.

Comment

• Rocwell I can't stop laughing with those gifs of Bargnani,my godness..Lol..
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Does Tyler Ennis' short neck mean he plays like he's 6'4?

Seriously, they should measure shoulder height not head height.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Rocwell I can't stop laughing with those gifs of Bargnani,my godness..Lol..
                          I love that in the first one, Bargs is looking and pointing at JR Smith like he's the one who fucked up

Comment

• another great bargnani gif:

"Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Two guys that can't guard anybody at the next level
                              Stauskas will surprise you.

Everyone is saying McDermott to Charlotte but they have MKG at SF already, I think Nik is a perfect fit for them beside Kemba. Also with such a strong defense already, his likely to be average D will be just fine.

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                              I don't mind the latter, show's he's very, very competitive. Leaders like Kyle will put him in his place if he acts out. The former, well it can be something that hangs around but it could be due a number of factors like playing in a weaker league etc.

If those are his major "attitude" issues then I'd be more than willing to take him.
                              I like that competitive attitude, and I agree with you that we have some strong personalities (Lowry, JV) that would keep him in place if it were other issues.

I really want Anderson at 20. I think having him come off the bench with Vasquez and Patterson could be really good (offensively). Defensively I do think he can be pretty good, if we are willing to wait 3 years for him to trim up and fill out his body. (I'm willing to wait for that)

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                              I totally agree, I have no ideas why he is falling on draft boards.
                              James Young is one of those guys who has the size and shooting ability to play in the nba. But he also possesses no speed or any other appreicable basketball skills other than shooting (ie defending, dribbling, passing). He could be a major slipper tomorrow.

Kuh wrote: View Post
                              According to them, our board should be, for the #20 pick:
                              1. Clint Capela (all-star potential - possible but unlikely to fall this low)
                              2. Walter Tavares
                              3. Jordan Adams

They rank Elfrid Payton, Shabazz Napier and Tyler Ennis as decent picks, but not as good as the three above ... and unfortunately all three will be off the board when we pick again.
                              Tavares could be really good. He is supposed to be a second rounder but I have him going to OKC at 29. A combo of Ibaka+Tavares would be unreal.

Comment

LOL I lose.

I should have known better than to argue for the Knick's defense, especially after seeing those AB GIF's.
                                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X