No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please confirm how many 2nd round picks raps have in 2014 draft i think we have 2 our own and and sacremento but i read some where that we also have OKC 2nd round pick this year as well can someone plz confirm this

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
      Can someone please confirm how many 2nd round picks raps have in 2014 draft i think we have 2 our own and and sacremento but i read some where that we also have OKC 2nd round pick this year as well can someone plz confirm this
      http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

Comment

• So this means we currently have 3 total picks 2014 including the 1st round pick if we can grab another 1st pick from somewhere that way we might even be able to move up on draft if we need to aquire a player we like or we can package our 2 2nd rounder for one later first rounder for a team who does want a guaranted contract of the forst rounder

Comment

• couple things here:

Good friend of mine is a KU alumni, has Seasons. Was chatting about moves this morning in Toronto, I mentioned we were going for Wiggans, KU's poster boy. The advice I got back, "thats fantastic, but really, I see every game, take the kid from Duke, he's better". Hmmm.

Also. Randle... at 6'9" and no lift..... what is he gonna do with a full line up pf 6'11" and 7'0" guys who all DO have lift. I'm not sold on this guy, he isn't explosive. I think Amir is better, in fact if Amir was at Kentucky right now he'd be averaging 30 and 20. My point, as clearly Amir is an NBA vet.... Amir had to learn a lot, but he was always tall. I just worry that you grab an undersized guy, and get burned. I haven't seen Randle play a full game yet, so I'm not totally against the guy, but right now, I'm skeptical.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
            couple things here:

Good friend of mine is a KU alumni, has Seasons. Was chatting about moves this morning in Toronto, I mentioned we were going for Wiggans, KU's poster boy. The advice I got back, "thats fantastic, but really, I see every game, take the kid from Duke, he's better". Hmmm.

Also. Randle... at 6'9" and no lift..... what is he gonna do with a full line up pf 6'11" and 7'0" guys who all DO have lift. I'm not sold on this guy, he isn't explosive. I think Amir is better, in fact if Amir was at Kentucky right now he'd be averaging 30 and 20. My point, as clearly Amir is an NBA vet.... Amir had to learn a lot, but he was always tall. I just worry that you grab an undersized guy, and get burned. I haven't seen Randle play a full game yet, so I'm not totally against the guy, but right now, I'm skeptical.
            W I G G I N S is better all-round than Parker. Parker will score more, but Wiggins D is better.

I think the Randle concerns are valid though. A lot will depend on how well he learns to use his body positioning. Z-Bo is the obvious example, but will Randle be able to create enough space to get his shot off against taller, more athletic and stronger players than he faces in college.

The more the season goes on, the more I read about Exum, the more I like him.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

couple things here:

On Wiggins, he is playing within the team. He had a couple bad games when he was sick. He is a great defender which I don't think gets enough credit. I'm not saying Parker is not better, in fact right now I think he is. However, I think Wiggins is going to have a little bit of Drummond in him (i.e. it is all so easy for him at high school/college level the focus is lost at times especially playing within a system as Drummond did at UCONN and Wiggins does at Kansas) and the challenge at the NBA level should bring out the best in him.

As for Randle, West/Boozer/ZBo/Millsap/Lee/Faried.... I'm not worried about him.

Comment

• SI write-up on Rodney Hood and other draft notes

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...ker/?eref=sihp

"Andrew Wiggins, F, Kansas -- Although Wiggins has played just once in the past week, he had the type of game against Colorado that will quell some of the concerns and whispers starting to percolate. The freshman phenom had 22 points on 7-of-11 shooting with five rebounds, but did miss a crucial free throw late. That came after he decided to take the game over, becoming Kansas' primary ball-handler and scorer, showing the type of assertive mindset scouts hoped to see from the presumptive No. 1 pick."

On Parker:
                "His shooting edged back into a more respectable range after a clunky night against Arizona, but Parker grabbed just six rebounds against Michigan and didn't put a scratch on the box score in any other positive category -- he had a turnover and a foul, but no assists, steals, or blocks. The shooting numbers have fallen back to earth as well, with Parker going just 2-of-12 in his last five games from three-point range."

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Game to watch, from the same article as above

" Saturday, Dec. 14: No. 11 Kentucky vs. No.18 North Carolina

Julius Randle has yet to face a frontcourt player with the type of skill James Michael McAdoo possesses, so seeing him try to defend Carolina's talented forward will be critical for NBA scouts who want to see Randle defend stretch fours. It's also a great test for the Harrison twins who will face a Carolina backcourt capable of outshooting and potentially outscoring them. If they want to make a statement after underperforming most of the year, this is the time to get back in the good graces of NBA scouts and front offices."

Comment

• If Wiggans is on the board Masai will have to pick him. He will not pass on Wiggans. To much backlash if he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

couple things here:

He's 6'9''.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Oh how I pray raps don't pick #1.

When all said and done wiggins will not be #1. Hate to see him picked because of his passport
                        The Warlord doesn't draft based on passport.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• #13 Kansas at #19 Florida tonight at 7.

Randle is a beast, strong and quick, excellent footwork and can face up and drive the ball, and most importantly he rebounds, an NCAA skill that usually transfers into an NBA skill.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            If Wiggans is on the board Masai will have to pick him. He will not pass on Wiggans. To much backlash if he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            This.

I think they're going to do everything in their power to get Wiggins. If they're top 3, they'll trade up to ensure it (DeRozan or JV plus their own pick?), and if they're first overall it's a no brainer. A Canadian superstar in waiting who's also from Toronto- it's too. Good to pass on.

And if they're not thinking this way, they're wrong. From a marketing standpoint and luckily, from a talent standpoint, he's the guy they need to get. No matter what.

Comment

• I actually think Marcus Smart is the guy we need...but yeah if Wiggins is on the board and we don't take him well... There Will Be Blood
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• mfizzle wrote: View Post
                                This.

I think they're going to do everything in their power to get Wiggins. If they're top 3, they'll trade up to ensure it (DeRozan or JV plus their own pick?), and if they're first overall it's a no brainer. A Canadian superstar in waiting who's also from Toronto- it's too. Good to pass on.

And if they're not thinking this way, they're wrong. From a marketing standpoint and luckily, from a talent standpoint, he's the guy they need to get. No matter what.
                                You maybe setting yourself up for a severe disappointment. MU will do whatever is best for the franchise. It is still too early. Just roll with what is happening right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X