The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    So if we stay in this spot in the tank standings, we land Gordon (who I personally love). And it's only better from there. I'd say our situation looks pretty swell.

#tankon
    I'm too lazy to do my own research on Gordon. What's his deal?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      tweener
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        tweener
        BUT just as athletic as Blake Griffin with a higher standing reach.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          6'9" and handles the ball like a point guard. Can stretch and shoot the three (38% through 10 games). Athleticism is off the charts. Shot-blocking ability is there.

High bball IQ as well. Look at 2:08 of http://youtu.be/4yrTLTuHNj0 as an example. Very clever.

Only deal with him is like Parker, no one really knows whether he's a 3 or a 4. Arizona uses him as an SF but I think his game is more suited towards PF.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• When I watch Parker play I don't see a tweener at all. Looks quick enough to guard 3's, and has the handles to be a point-forward type of player

Comment

• Yeah i dont get why people in this forum call Parker a 'tweener' either. Only in Raptors Rapublic lol.

Parker is 6'8(perfect size for a SF in the NBA). Very athletic. Can shoot the ball, can handle the ball, can create his own shot. I dont see a 'tweener' at all.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'd say Parker's def a SF. He's got an all around game. Gordon, while crazy athletic, only really has a 3 point shot and under the basket game. He's got fantastic court vision though. I'm not saying he CAN'T be a 3 in the nba i'm just saying he doesn't have any real wing skills. It's really going to come down to how hard of a worker he is.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I think Gordon will be a 4 IMO

Comment

• In the NBA, Gordon's a 4 Parker's a 3.

Also, Parker is listed a tweener on every single draft site (SF/PF). This is because the succesful 3s right now are hyper athletic, long, explosive players like George, James, Leonard etc.

Parker has the speed and is good in transition but lacks the explosiveness to blow by guys at the NBA level. His game looks like Pierce's or maybe Melo's.

One flaw often mentioned is that he doesn't perform as well when guarded by long, athletic 3s (which is every good team in the NBA). But this isn't really based on enough information yet. I think Parker's stock has potential to drop a lot come March, but we'll see.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      When I watch Parker play I don't see a tweener at all. Looks quick enough to guard 3's, and has the handles to be a point-forward type of player
                      TRex wrote: View Post
                      Yeah i dont get why people in this forum call Parker a 'tweener' either. Only in Raptors Republic lol.

Parker is 6'8(perfect size for a SF in the NBA). Very athletic. Can shoot the ball, can handle the ball, can create his own shot. I dont see a 'tweener' at all.
                      He has the skills to play both positions, but it will ultimately come down to his defense. It's been all-around awful so far this season, and it looks like he isn't even trying for stretches of games. His perimeter defense specifically worries me.. if his lateral quickness is the same on the offensive end, there's no way he's taking NBA-level wings off the dribble.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        He has the skills to play both positions, but it will ultimately come down to his defense. It's been all-around awful so far this season, and it looks like he isn't even trying for stretches of games. His perimeter defense specifically worries me.. if his lateral quickness is the same on the offensive end, there's no way he's taking NBA-level wings off the dribble.
                        Yeah he looks lost on the defensive end. Hopefully he figures things out, because he has the ability to be a very good all around player

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                          Yeah he looks lost on the defensive end. Hopefully he figures things out, because he has the ability to be a very good all around player
                          Melo 2.0
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Updated tank standings:

1.) Milwaukee (5-18)
                            2.) Utah (6-19)
                            3.) New York (to Denver) (6-16)
                            4.) Sacramento (6-14)
                            5.) Philadelphia (7-17)
                            6.) Orlando (7-16)
                            7.) Brooklyn (8-15)
                            8.) Toronto (8-13)
                            9.) Cleveland (9-13)
                            10.) Los Angeles Lakers (10-12)

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                              Updated tank standings:

1.) Milwaukee (5-18)
                              2.) Utah (6-19)
                              3.) New York (to Denver) (6-16)
                              4.) Sacramento (6-14)
                              5.) Philadelphia (7-17)
                              6.) Orlando (7-16)
                              7.) Brooklyn (8-15)
                              8.) Toronto (8-13)
                              9.) Cleveland (9-13)
                              10.) Los Angeles Lakers (10-12)
                              Fun to win, but Damn. Most have more losses as well. Raps need an extremely bad road trip.

Comment

• Arizona and Michigan on CBS!

Comment

Working...
                                X