• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Marcus smart fell to us at like 6,7 that would be a great pick
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
      If Marcus smart fell to us at like 6,7 that would be a great pick
      Orlando wont let him slide down... they love him like a fat kid loves cake

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Orlando wont let him slide down... they love him like a fat kid loves cake
        Some people say Dante Exum is an even better prospect than smart and even Zach Lavine seems like a very good player. Anywhere in the top 6 you could land a potential franchise player. The Raptors got T Mac at 9th back in the 97 draft remember that

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
          Based on what I've seen from Vasquez so far, I'm not sure trading Lowry would even affect our win total
          much.
          Agreed.

Vazquez is a better PG than Lowry.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            True.

But even that approach took OKC 3 drafts.
            hey matt, your boy lavine is projected 5th pick on nbadraft.net. he's sky rocketing now. exum is 6th. i'm still higher on exum myself. thoughts?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              hey matt, your boy lavine is projected 5th pick on nbadraft.net. he's sky rocketing now. exum is 6th. i'm still higher on exum myself. thoughts?
              Exum

Comment

Exum
                I know this is kinda silly and doesn't have anything to do with reality, but Exum is starting to scare me because of the vlade divac fiasco in the 03 draft. Everyone knew there were 4 all stars, someone reached trying to turn the second pick into a super star and it blew up in their face.

Maybe it's a better bet to go with a known than an unknown.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  I know this is kinda silly and doesn't have anything to do with reality, but Exum is starting to scare me because of the vlade divac fiasco in the 03 draft. Everyone knew there were 4 all stars, someone reached trying to turn the second pick into a super star and it blew up in their face.

Maybe it's a better bet to go with a known than an unknown.
                  You mean Darko Milicic?

I'm. It an nba scout or GM. I like what I've seen and read about Exum. If Masai picks him, I'll trust the choice.

As an aside, those are the same arguments against JV 2 years ago and Giannis 'Po last year. The jump from college to the NBA doesn't allow for many sure bets either.

Comment

You mean Darko Milicic?

I'm. It an nba scout or GM. I like what I've seen and read about Exum. If Masai picks him, I'll trust the choice.

As an aside, those are the same arguments against JV 2 years ago and Giannis 'Po last year. The jump from college to the NBA doesn't allow for many sure bets either.
                    woopsies. yes.

The situation this year is a little different than those other drafts. You've got a bunch of guys who are almost sure things to land at least one all star game. Then you've got one guy with tantalizing talent who hasn't shown his stuff against elite competition. Do you make that reach for what could be a generational talent or settle for a safe bet on a very, very good starter?
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                      woopsies. yes.

The situation this year is a little different than those other drafts. You've got a bunch of guys who are almost sure things to land at least one all star game. Then you've got one guy with tantalizing talent who hasn't shown his stuff against elite competition. Do you make that reach for what could be a generational talent or settle for a safe bet on a very, very good starter?
                      He more than held his own at nike hoops summit last year.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm high on Exum, which I've mentioned many times. I'm just considering the draft from a different perspective.

When I do fantasy baseball drafts (yes, this means I know just as much about scouting as professional NBA organizations ) *sarcasm* I'm not trying to reach for break out players with my top picks, just trying to avoid getting any busts.
                        Last edited by stooley; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:00 PM.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• The only concern I have over Exum is that he's built like a SG. Can he play PG in the NBA? How would we fair against smaller PG's? Is he quick enough to keep up?

He's one of the three guys I would consider trading JV for (Wiggins and Parker being the other two). So I'm pretty high on him.

Comment

• Exum is a better pro prospect then LaVine,

Comment

So did Biyombo.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                                So did Biyombo.
                                Biyombo was soo over hyped it was crazy loool

Comment

Working...
                                X