The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Ok so who looks good in the draft in the 16-20 range?
    Tyler Ennis.
    Last edited by The Great One; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 04:44 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• It's looking more and more like Wiggins might drop in the draft.. I still think he's built for the NBA though not for college ball. He would be fierce in ISO type situations.

Comment

• There's no shame for Wiggins getting drafted in the 4 to 8 range in this draft.

Comment

• Am I the only one who's still not at all sold on Embiid? I haven't seen a game yet where I look at him and think "NBA star in the making". No doubt he has the physical tools to make the leap, but I'm not convinced of his ceiling.

I saw today's "strong" game. Georgetown's C is more immobile than Oliver Miller after an all-you-can eat buffet. Any C who can move at all would have a field day. Kansas' back up Black also played really well against him. Dude was not much competition.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Am I the only one who's still not at all sold on Embiid? I haven't seen a game yet where I look at him and think "NBA star in the making". No doubt he has the physical tools to make the leap, but I'm not convinced of his ceiling.

I saw today's "strong" game. Georgetown's C is more immobile than Oliver Miller after an all-you-can eat buffet. Any C who can move at all would have a field day. Kansas' back up Black also played really well against him. Dude was not much competition.
              I don't have any numbers to back this up, but I feel like "Big Body Who Hasn't Been Playing For Very Long but Who We Think Will Develop His Skills" has to rank very high on the "Player-Types That Become Busts" scale.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Am I the only one who's still not at all sold on Embiid? I haven't seen a game yet where I look at him and think "NBA star in the making". No doubt he has the physical tools to make the leap, but I'm not convinced of his ceiling.

If you compare Embiid's stats to Roy Hibberts Freshman year as a Hoya, then Embiid is the next coming of Hakeem in comparison.

Comment

I can't help but think thabeet with him.

Comment

• Embiid is far from a finished product -- he needs to add a hook and a few other moves, but he's mobile, strong, and has solid fundamentals. That would put him ahead of most rookie bigs. He looked like the better prospect today BUT you're right this may be the worst set of bigs Georgetown has had in a long time.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10152698

Chad ford Henry Abbott talking draft

Good video

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10152698

Chad ford Henry Abbott talking draft

Good video
                        *mouth waters* BBall Boner Alert
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• If this winning continues atleast we have Uriji at the helm, aka the master of the late draft

plus both our second rounders should be earlier in the draft

draftnet has players like Andrew Harrison and James McAdoo going in the second

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
                            If this winning continues atleast we have Uriji at the helm, aka the master of the late draft

plus both our second rounders should be earlier in the draft

draftnet has players like Andrew Harrison and James McAdoo going in the second
                            Raptors own 2nd round pick goes to Milwaukee unless 31-36.

Raps will have SAC and OKC

Comment

• I'm not sure what the anti embiid talk is about. This guy is gonne be a monster. He has such good hands at such an early stage, he's big, and will get bigger, and he is fast.

Watch him play.

He' scores big numbers with relatively no shots.

I take him first.

Yes, even before Wiggans, and yes, even with JV. he reacts faster than JV.

Comment

• Jole (Serbia)

whats up with Dario saric? was a hot name for the draft last year, Is there still as much interest this year?

Chad Ford
                                (1:33 PM)

Playing really well in Croatia. Just spoke with a GM this week that said he'd be a Top 5 player if he was here in the US playing college ball. The fact that he's overseas means he's probably not cracking the Top 7 this year. But he'll go somewhere in the 8-12 range.
                                http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49663

Comment

Working...
                                X