The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I noticed this as well. Lavine has a very NBA usable skill set and some freak athleticism. I would be happy to pick him up
    Lavine's combination of ball handling and athleticism sets him up quite well to succeed at the NBA level. Very similar to former UCLA guard Russell Westbrook's skill set in college.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Lavine's combination of ball handling and athleticism sets him up quite well to succeed at the NBA level. Very similar to former UCLA guard Russell Westbrook's skill set in college.
      Can't see him declaring for this draft if he's going so low though (2nd round). He was also considered a top prospect for 2015, and possible #1 pick for that draft. Would be a bit crazy to stay in if he's not at least somewhere in the 1st round.

Comment

• I think LaVine has as much upside as any player in this draft. I'm a big fan.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Can't see him declaring for this draft if he's going so low though (2nd round). He was also considered a top prospect for 2015, and possible #1 pick for that draft. Would be a bit crazy to stay in if he's not at least somewhere in the 1st round.
          Ford's big board still has him at #10. He thinks he's a lock for the lottery.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Lavine is a Lock for the lottery! I don't know how he would go in the second round?
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I noticed this as well. Lavine has a very NBA usable skill set and some freak athleticism. I would be happy to pick him up
              Interesting, nbadraft has him as a top 10 pick. I think somewhere between 20 and 30 is most likely. It's shaping up to be a good year to grab a point guard in the range where the Raptors are picking.

Comment

• SI's Big Board (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...iid/?eref=sihp)

some names to consider:
                17th - Sam Dekker - 6'7" SF Wisconsin who's main selling points are versatile, athletic and 3 point potential
                19th - Zach Lavine - UCLA PG who's been all over the place but projects well into the NBA
                20th - Doug McDermott - the next Kyle Korver or the next Adam Morrison?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

SI's Big Board (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...iid/?eref=sihp)

some names to consider:
                  17th - Sam Dekker - 6'7" SF Wisconsin who's main selling points are versatile, athletic and 3 point potential
                  19th - Zach Lavine - UCLA PG who's been all over the place but projects well into the NBA
                  LaVine and McDermott are not goin to drop that low in the draft. LaVine i think is going to be drafted in the top 10. McDermott top 15.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

SI's Big Board (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...iid/?eref=sihp)

some names to consider:
                    LaVine has to much potential to drop out of the lottery and McDermott is gonna be in that 10-15 range
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• McDermott is going to fall hard in the draft imo

Lack of upside and lack of athleticism is going to hurt him badly come draft night

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        LaVine and McDermott are not goin to drop that low in the draft. LaVine i think is going to be drafted in the top 10. McDermott top 15.
                        4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                        LaVine has to much potential to drop out of the lottery and McDermott is gonna be in that 10-15 range
                        In this draft, who do you drop in favor of those guys? So much talent, someone has to drop. I think Lavine is less likely to drop, but the fact that he is currently ranked 19th on SI's big board shows how much talent there is.

Comment

• In case you aren't already cheering for Michigan State Spartans this March, how about a Steve Novak clone?

How often does an elite team unveil a new offensive weapon in January? The Spartans have done that with redshirt freshman Kenny Kaminski, a 6-8 forward who self-sabotaged his non-conference season by getting two three-game suspensions. Kaminski has come off the bench in Big Ten games to go 12-of-18 from long range, and he's a strange power forward in that he does almost nothing else. He's only taken two shots inside the arc in the same stretch, hasn't made a trip to the free throw line and barely rebounds or blocks shots. Kaminski is -- and I thank friend-of-the-Rankings John Ezekowitz for this half-serious comparison -- a two-inches-shorter, college version of Steve Novak:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2qfR7D67q

Comment

• Raise your hand if you've heard of Chadrack Lufile....I'd call BS on 99% of you

Compare the 6-9 Lufile's Missouri Valley-only numbers from last season against those from this season (per Statsheet.com), and the difference is striking. His minutes more than doubled ... and his per-minute production more than doubled:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2qfSDvnW1

Comment

• How many teams lose their starting center and cover the rebounding lose with their PG?

Comment

McDermott is going to fall hard in the draft imo

Lack of upside and lack of athleticism is going to hurt him badly come draft night
                                Yeah McDermott won't go top 15 imo. Hard to know for sure though. He really impressed scouts/GMs at the Team USA scrimmages this summer where he went against allstar type players and held his own, and I think that is why DraftExpress.com has him going 12th at the moment where as they were always really low on him prior to this year. My guess is top 25 for him atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X