No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MU has said (often) that the org will be looking at the personal side of players as very important going forward. Right now I dont believe we have anyone with a question mark.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      You guys remember Andre Dawkins from a few years ago?
      I remember he absolutely killed it in the ACC tourney.

He redshirted last year due to some personal issues, but is back this year and likely available in the second round. I think the 2nd Round this year is going to be FULL of gems.

Just found this bit on him actually:
      This is a great, sad, and inspiring read.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...andre-dawkins/

Comment

• Duke breeds some really nice NBA talents.. Appears his best skill is his jump shot.. wonder how his D is?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Great find. Thanks for sharing that Matt.

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Duke breeds some really nice NBA talents.. Appears his best skill is his jump shot.. wonder how his D is?
          I see him being, and I guess Coach K saw him being as well, another JJ Reddick.

Whats really crazy, is he's actually having his best season to date, BY FAR, while playing only 14 minutes per. 49% from the field and 48% from 3? That's sick.

Comment

• Same with Shabazz Napier out of UConn. Another Senior not getting a lot of Draft love.

Not to mention, both Dawkins and Napier have both won NCAA Championships.

Comment

• Drafting a Redick clone in the 2nd round would be sweet. Could always use more 3pt shooting!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                No it doesn't. So you want to move Ross or DeRozan for Hairston?? is this a joke?
                Sadly, I have a feeling it isn't. At this point in time, why anybody would still be talking about moving either of them, is beyond reason, but it's still going on. But to find a spot for Hairston? hmmm, maybe it was a joke.

Comment

No it doesn't. So you want to move Ross or DeRozan for Hairston?? is this a joke?
                  I'm referring to Hairston as a draft choice, middle of the first round where the Raptors stand to pick as it stands now.

Comment

I think what he meant was, and I don't want to speak for stretch by any means, but if the idea is to still (or ever was for that matter) move one of DeRo or TeRo, then Hairston would be a good target to go after.

I'm not sure I agree, but I believe that was the idea behind the post. Not necessarily implying its a good one-for-one deal.

Comment

• What are the thoughts on James Young (Kentucky) as a potential fit for the Raptors?

Physicals, According to Draft Express:
                      H: 6' 7"
                      W: 202 lbs
                      Bday: 08/16/1995
                      (18 Years Old)
                      Wingspan: 6' 11"

He would be one of the youngest players in the draft. From what I can see, only Aaron Gordon and Noah Vonleh are younger. Based on his age, he is expected to grow further, and gain athleticism as he adjusts further to his body.

He is second on Kentucky in scoring (after Randle), third in assists (2.0 per game), and has almost a steal per game (0.9). From what I have read he is a willing passer, doesn't try to force things, puts his team first, has a strong motor, and could be an excellent defender.

The below is from DraftExpress, on Sep. 5, 2012. This would have been at the start of his senior year of High School, and the Rankings listed are his high school rankings:

Recruiting Rankings: ESPN: #5, Scout: #8, Rivals: #8, 24/7: #9

Strengths:
                      -Good size for a wing, measured 6-6 ½ at the Nike Skills Academy
                      -Very long arms, 6-11 wingspan
                      -Solid frame
                      -Left handed
                      -Very low, but quick release on jump-shot
                      -Elevates well creating separation from defender to get pull-up jumper off
                      -Can make shots with a hand in his face
                      -Just turned 17. Young for his class. Could still be growing?
                      -Very good potential on defense
                      -Solid rebounder
                      -Makes extra pass
                      -Plays with good energy level. Seems to be a good teammate

Maybe will get more athletic. When in rhythm he's terrific.... Can pass.

Weaknesses:
                      -Good, not great athlete at this stage
                      -Doesn't have a great first step, nor is he an incredibly explosive leaper
                      -Not a great ball-handler
                      -Can't consistently create good shots around the basket in the half-court at a high rate yet
                      -Needs to improve right hand
                      -Can make 3-pointers but not quite a marksman just yet. Will take some bad shots on occasion
                      -Looks comfortable taking a back seat at times
                      -Lacks experience. Still figuring out how to use his talent consistently
                      -Gambles a lot on defense

Outlook:
                      Emerged this summer as a top-10 prospect in the class according to the recruiting services. Looks the part of a top prospect with his outstanding size, length and frame, but doesn't consistently play like one yet. Could still be growing into his frame and likely hasn't reached his peak yet athletically.
                      http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2s6RUE0N9

I have recently seen him anywhere from 15-22, which would most likely make him available around the Raptors pick...assuming he were to declare.
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Guy i really want in second round is Aaron Craft, think he's a steal/ diamond in the rough and would fit our system and coach perfectly.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Worth the click. Wanted to bump this post.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Duke vs. Syracuse right now for anyone who's interested.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Duke vs. Syracuse right now for anyone who's interested.
                              Keep an eye on Andre Dawkins defense and report back Scout Thompson.

Comment

• Wiggins and Embiid weren't very good today in a double digit Kansas loss at Texas. I'm beginning to feel that the hype that surrounds the high school class of 2013 is undeserved. Kentucky's freshmen class is far from "the best ever" and it's a long shot that Wiggins and Parker will live up to that enormous media hype. Having said that, it's been fun watching the NCAA hoops season unfold.

Comment

Working...
                                X