The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    Lol, that is the definition of poor management. It's a little like the Knicks signing JR Smith jr.
    What about the Suns signing one Morris Twin cuz the other had asked them too?
    That turned out alright.
    I don't know who's who with those two though ... they have the same tattoos for Christ sake.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      That turned out alright.
      I don't know who's who with those two though ... they have the same tattoos for Christ sake.
      do you think they'll make some moves for the 2nd Plumlee?
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• There are three Plumlees and three Zellers, all from Indiana, and all at around 6' 10" to seven feet tall.

Comment

• DeAndre Kane went to high school with DeJuan Blair. It's crazy, that guy has been in the league for years now. I finally found out why he's still in college at that age as he appeared old even for a red shirt senior. Not only did he redshirt and transfer in college as a graduate student, he also had to attend an extra year of prep school as well due to poor academics.
          Still, I say he makes the league even if he isn't drafted.

Noah Vonleh is skyrocketing up the boards btw, so the raptors would have to move up a long way to get him. I've been reading that a number of scouts are even starting to prefer him to Randle. The fact that he is shooting some 3's and making them too is quite intriguing.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            That turned out alright.
            That's different... Neither Morris twin exhibited a lot of risky signs or red flags, so it was safe(r). JR Smith is a walking red flag...
            @Boymusic66

Comment

• We need a pg. If not moving to get Wiggins, then what about probably getting Ennis. A Canadian kid is a must, especially one that can preform. doesn't matter I think MU pulls it off and lands wiggs in the draft. We have a serious need at sf, we need size, and athleticism. I would be surprised if one of our guys is shipped out to get him. If not then Ennis. PG will be the next need. I think a combination of PPat/Johnson can get us what we need at PF. I like Vonleh a lot his game just seems to come naturally. But with the current group of youngsters coming up repping Canada, one is a dire need. It's not like the cant come in and produce, the ones already there in the league and the ones coming. This blows things to a whole new height. Especially if were lucky enough to get one that can start.

Comment

• delman21 wrote: View Post
                We need a pg. If not moving to get Wiggins, then what about probably getting Ennis. A Canadian kid is a must, especially one that can preform. doesn't matter I think MU pulls it off and lands wiggs in the draft. We have a serious need at sf, we need size, and athleticism. I would be surprised if one of our guys is shipped out to get him. If not then Ennis. PG will be the next need. I think a combination of PPat/Johnson can get us what we need at PF. I like Vonleh a lot his game just seems to come naturally. But with the current group of youngsters coming up repping Canada, one is a dire need. It's not like the cant come in and produce, the ones already there in the league and the ones coming. This blows things to a whole new height. Especially if were lucky enough to get one that can start.
                Drafting based on the passport is a terrible decision. Not saying not to draft one if he's the right player at that slot, but you don't limit yourself to single nationality (isn't that discrimination? ).
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• People were talking about Ennis (including myself) pages ago on this thread. The rate things are going, no way he isn't picked up way before the Raptors make a selection. Probably the best pure PG in the draft that I've seen. Wouldn't take him over Smart, but if you include Exum Ennis is looking like the 3rd PG picked right now. Also, there's going to be quite a few senior PGs available in the 2nd round. Just have to hope that the Raps scouts do their job.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Drafting based on the passport is a terrible decision. Not saying not to draft one if he's the right player at that slot, but you don't limit yourself to single nationality (isn't that discrimination? ).
                    Not to mention he's pretty much played himself into the top-10 of the draft this year.. trading up would be the only way we could snag him.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Pulled this quote off the RealGM news feed, but it is actually from a Chad Ford article (Insider):

"If you were to ask me right now whether I'd take Ennis over Kyrie Irving, I think it's Ennis," one GM said. "He does all the things that help a basketball team win basketball games. You can pick him apart on individual flaws, but I would take this kid right now and trust him to run my team. I think there's very few freshmen you could ever say that about."
                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...2014-nba-draft

I understand the sentiment behind a statement like this, particularly based on the toxic situation in Cleveland right now, but really? Ennis over Kyrie?

Anyway, with statements like this, there is no way that Ennis falls to the Raptors if there are GMs out there who view him in this type of light. My follow-up would be, how would this GM view players like Smart and Exum? Is he saying that all three are better PG prospects than Kyrie?
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                          That's different... Neither Morris twin exhibited a lot of risky signs or red flags, so it was safe(r). JR Smith is a walking red flag...
                          That's not the comparison I was making it for though. I was making it for the Older Po Brother. I don't think Giannis or older brother have shown any Red Flags ...

Comment

• Wow Stauskas has a really mediocre wingspan
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              Wow Stauskas has a really mediocre wingspan
                              Really apparent on contesting those shots...
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• It's impressive with Stuaskas how many of those 3s are NBA-length. His offensive game with the shooting and P&R skills really projects well, and yet he's going to struggle so much on defense at the next level. I think he projects as a great off-the-bench scoring option, but I have a hard time seeing him as a top 20 pick that draftexpress is projecting.

Comment

Working...
                                X