Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL PETITION* - Save the Toronto Raptors Name! (link inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Stephen A. Smith so much that I would start listening to Wheelchair Jimmy on repeat, forever, if he would just go away.

Comment

http://chn.ge/14SyZlv

Just a reminder that this is for saving the name AND evolving the brand with the fierce identity.
      - Step 1 of "saving the name" will hopefully be complete soon and we can march on with Step 2 of the rebrand and pressuring MLSE
      - I simply cannot keep up with all the orders for the "T" hats any more, so atleast if MLSE takes over production/shipping everyone will be more happy
      Last edited by gametime; Fri Nov 15, 2013, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        I hate Stephen A. Smith so much that I would start listening to Wheelchair Jimmy on repeat, forever, if he would just go away.
        Why?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I thought most "real" hip hop fans thought Drake was a bitch. Has he changed that. Admittedly I don't follow pop music a whole lot, so I am likely out of touch. But, I remember watching those Knicks guys who made those awesome video's, and they were always chirping Landry Fields, they'd call him Drake repeatedly, and it wasn't a term of endearment, they were not at ALL Drake fans. Those to me, are the real fans of NBA basketball. I feel like Drake coming on board, just another failure for Toronto.

Comment

would you mind telling me were in the article it says that? i cant find it
            Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Comment

I can't help but hear "fierce" with a lisp and a nasal voice. Worst rebrand of the whole bunch.

Also, gametime seems like a gigantic self-promoting douche. Anyone here believe any of the quotes on this page are real? Anyone believe he actually has a huge volume of orders for his shitty hat?

Comment

I couldn't give less of a damn. Change is good, I could use some change in my life right now, so they can re-brand and change as much as they want.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

About grey theme (court, shirts, caps) in that "Fierce" design -> It looks cool, but for me this black/white associates with nothing but Brooklyn Nets. Just saying...
                  Last edited by japetas; Mon Sep 30, 2013, 12:59 PM.
                  (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
                    Also, gametime seems like a gigantic self-promoting douche.
                    Sorry if I offended you in some way tkfu.

This whole thing is about positivity and specifically SAVING the RAPTOR mascot.
                    This is for people who do NOT want to see birds or planes, etc. represented in the new branding and who want one more chance to have their voices heard on some level about their passion for the Raptor in the few weeks remaining to do so.

Whatever the branding is in the end, I'm personally routing for the Raptor mascot to remain, as being at the age I am now, it's nice that I can still enjoy the mascot with my family the way I did when I was younger.

Comment

i dont think the raptors would appreciate you using their name to sell your own stuff

Comment

If you take a look at the ALL-STAR TORONTO 2016 logo, it doesn't look like the Raptors to me. They put some red and lots of Blue, maybe for more flexibility about the brand. Obviously this isn't the final All-Star 2016 logo but it makes me think a little.
                        A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

And to be clear, the only items that are sold are non-trademarked items, naturally. Specifically, the "T" hat (I'm not a licensed distributor for anything containing the Toronto Raptors trademark).

The meeting I have next week is exciting though, we'll see what they say.

But in the end, I really hope they keep the Raptor mascot (why would we want to look like the Hawks, Pelicans or have a plane in our branding? Really?)

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                            Drake is the biggest name in the Hip-hop world now, but even with most of the NBA players looking up to him I bet he won't have much success luring talent to Toronto. Toronto is a market the size and revenue similar to Chicago, but their NBA reality is Minnesota and Milwaukee.

At the height of Vinsanity, when he was one-of if not the most popular player in the game at the time, Raptors being shown on American national broadcasts. What did the attention and hype attract? A washed up Olajuwon and that's it. I'm wishing Drake the best of luck, but Toronto is still stunted by its geography.
                            The formula for attracting talent is a mix of strong team ambassadors and winning. Things have changed tremendously from the VC and even the Bosh days. Toronto has emerged as an off season destination for many players with big festivals like Caribbana attracting all the big name players. At the end of the day there are really only a few major markets in the NBA and I believe Tim Leiweke can definitely create that environment here in Toronto.

Comment

I'm gonna sign the shit outta this petition! There's a lot of stupider names out there that are now universally accepted because the team has been successful at some point. Winning changes everything.

Also, the new Jurassic Park movie is coming out like next year or something. And there will be sea monsters! SEA MONSTERS!

And by monsters I mean dinosaurs.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                                It's a very silly name based on creatures in a monster movie (Velociraptors were nothing like they appear in Jurassic Park.)
                                Sooooo....you're saying you're upset because it's not historically accurate? Personally I don't agree. Jurassic Park is one of my favorite documentaries EVER.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X