Will It Be Dallas or NY? Bosh Wondering Where He'll Be Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will It Be Dallas or NY? Bosh Wondering Where He'll Be Next Year

Just watched the Raptors vs. Wizards video recap via ESPN. Listening to commentators pretend their mind readers on Bosh's status next season is getting more and more ridiculous each day. Not to mention a huge lack of respect for the Raptors organization too.

Click the link below and listen to the opening of the recap to see what I mean.

Link: Click here to view recap

honestly

these guys are idiots, and to be frank, they don't have respect for the Raptors organization or the Raptors fan base.

it's the same reason they don't have any Raptors games on national tv in the states, and its the same reason the Raptors aren't recognized (for their outstanding turnaround this season, after winning just 33 last year) and its the reason DeRozan wasn't in the rookie game.

they don't respect us. but what's more important is that if Bosh decides to stay here, they've just destroyed their own credibility, just like all those other analysts saying "Bosh is outta there for sure"

one way or another, i believe, karma will work its magic. i just hope bosh stays.
    "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
    ------------------------------------------
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

US media isn't used to someone who answers all the questions correctly. So when they hear "I think someone should come Toronto" and "Playing at home (Texas) would be too stressful," it converts into "Later Canada I'm out ASAP ... except I forgot to ask for a trade at the deadline."

Comment

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post

they don't respect us. but what's more important is that if Bosh decides to stay here, they've just destroyed their own credibility, just like all those other analysts saying "Bosh is outta there for sure"
        stays.
        i'm sure they'll figure out a way to make it look like bosh is the idiot, etc etc

Comment

You know what would be depressing though? If Bosh actually leaves, that would just fuel the fire for years to come... But what I am wondering is that why is no one telling them anything? Stern does not look like a guy who would be happy with these kind of attitudes? It is just sad... They are stupid if they think they would be better off with no Canadian team in the league...
          Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post

one way or another, i believe, karma will work its magic. i just hope bosh stays.
            If Bosh re-signs, they'll make it seem like it's all about the extra money and that he'll eventually ask for a trade out. Don't expect them to actually admit to being wrong. A 24 news cycle works in the favour of the media because people tend to forget what was reported a few months ago.

Not sure why ESPN continues to disrespect the Raptors organization like this though... I wonder if the anti-Canada bias has anything to do with the beef ESPN has with the NHL and their broadcasting deal with Versus... I don't recall it being this bad before Carter signed an extension. Now it seems like they only focus on how good of a player Bosh is and how he's guaranteed to leave "north of the border".

Comment

Lets face it Toronto is the only team in Canada so the Americans will always disrespect us.

Comment

if a team in the US makes a turnaround like the raps have then there will certainly be more respect given. however, the raps need to prove they can get off of the treadmill of of a 5-8 seed, get out of the first round and show they are a real threat in the east. otherwise the raps are another development team, breeding players to go elsewhere.

Comment

Apparently Jon Barry made comment today on ABC today that he too was confident Bosh is done in Toronto too. No sources, no nothing .... he just knows.

Must be nice to have the ability to predict the future. I guess that means he also knows who's winning the NBA Championship too.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Must be nice to have the ability to predict the future. I guess that means he also knows who's winning the NBA Championship too.
                    Really now? Predicting the champions isn't really genius-level stuff.
                    Anyone who's actually been watching the NBA can tell there are only a couple of real contenders.

Comment

Doesnt this make one wish Canada cleans the US clock in the hockey game tonite?

Comment

absolutely.
                        not that i didn't want that before, though.

Comment

What I find funny is that the argument is being made that Wade should stick it out in Miami for the exact reasons that could sway Bosh to stay north next year:
                          http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...nbahpheadlines

Comment

Since the Knicks traded away all of their talented players with large $ multi-year contract at the deadline (not including Eddy Curry for obvious reasons), they now no longer have any players/contracts to make a sign-n-trade this summer. That means that the Knicks will only be able to sign a max player to a "standard" 5-year max contract, as opposed to a "full" 6-year max contract that a team with a player's bird-rights can offer.

Ergo, Lebron/Wade/Bosh/J.Johnson/etc would have to agree to walk away from approx. $30M to sign directly with the Knicks as opposed to re-signing with their existing team and forcing them to make a sign-n-trade. *And in the history of max contracts, only 1 player has ever done this - which was Shaq when walked away from the Magic to sign with the Lakers.

I don't think the Knicks are in a very good strategic position to sign Lebron/Wade/Bosh/J.Johnson. They're more likely to sign (and over-pay) a marginal top-tier player (i.e. Boozer) to a "standard" max contract - a la the Isiah Thomas era.
                            Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Mon Feb 22, 2010, 03:46 PM.
                            RR OG

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Just watched the Raptors vs. Wizards video recap via ESPN. Listening to commentators pretend their mind readers on Bosh's status next season is getting more and more ridiculous each day. Not to mention a huge lack of respect for the Raptors organization too.

Click the link below and listen to the opening of the recap to see what I mean.

Link: Click here to view recap
                              Wow, what a casually dropped bombshell by ESPN. Apparently ESPN has taken the liberty of crossing out the Raptors, sacrificing $30M of Bosh's money and leaving him with two options, Dallas and NYC.

Comment

Working...
                              X