Landry Fields Elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I didnt say he doesnt do other things but he got whatever points he scored because teams literally didnt care about him when the verdict was out that he played like a scrub. Landry stats are inflated by the time he came back we had Rudy and were winning he played against the opposing teams bench when we were winning the game and the opposing team is basically throwing in the towel.

A smart scrub can outplay low IQ scrubs, so of course Landry is going to increase his rebounding numbers guard idiots that cant handle the ball and score some easy buckets on dunks. those stats are very misleading. Landry isnt as great as you are making him out to be. "Statistic are statistics, but methods used to gauge those facts are often flawed. The word Statistic is a word to make people who claim to be intellectual appear and sound so."- Albert Einstein
    Who is making Landry out to be great? My exact words:

Fields is one of the few guys on the roster who positively contributes without having the ball in his hands.
    Your perception is clouding reality.

Comment

If he recovers some semblence of a shot Landry Fields, is a younger more athletic Shane Battier. I still think if he could get his numbers back closer to his rookie season, our starting lineup would be more balanced as Lowry, Fields, Gay, Hansbrough, Valanciunas.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

What killed the team wasn't the starters but the bench. Personally I want Fields to be healthy enough to play the 6th man role. He can guard positions 1-4, hi BBIQ, and if he can regain enough of his shot to be a threat to opposing teams the team looks a lot better. With Fields, and Hansborough all the Raps need is a PG for the bench...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          I didnt say he doesnt do other things but he got whatever points he scored because teams literally didnt care about him when the verdict was out that he played like a scrub. Landry stats are inflated by the time he came back we had Rudy and were winning he played against the opposing teams bench when we were winning the game and the opposing team is basically throwing in the towel.

A smart scrub can outplay low IQ scrubs, so of course Landry is going to increase his rebounding numbers guard idiots that cant handle the ball and score some easy buckets on dunks. those stats are very misleading. Landry isnt as great as you are making him out to be. "Statistic are statistics, but methods used to gauge those facts are often flawed. The word Statistic is a word to make people who claim to be intellectual appear and sound so."- Albert Einstein
          remember when we beat the knicks? id say one of the biggest reasons we beat them is because of landry's defense on melo.

Comment

as usual you guys are really overexaggerating this

just look at this stats from the those couple of games at the end of last season when he came back. a lot of offensive rebounds, good shooting %, some steals and blocks even. but barely any threes.

he knew what he could contribute with. and he did quite well at that. i dont think confidence is an issue here.

someone else mentioned this but it was smart of him to tell reporters not to expect much. set the bar low. so when the next inevitable landry thread is made you all will appreciate his rehab

Comment

Quite frankly, even if he didn't shoot Fields would be a major asset because of his ability to guard elite shooters. In another thread someone had a video of Landry guarding Kobe. He stuck with him for 4 or 5 Kobe jinks and still contested the shot. There is no one else on the Raptors who can do that. Fields doesn't need to shoot if he lowers the score of the best shooter on the other team by 10 points, or changes there shooting % from 48 to 32.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                If he recovers some semblence of a shot Landry Fields, is a younger more athletic Shane Battier. I still think if he could get his numbers back closer to his rookie season, our starting lineup would be more balanced as Lowry, Fields, Gay, Hansbrough, Valanciunas.
                +1. If Landry could ever shoot 35%+ from three, plus do all the other things he already does, he'd be the perfect perimeter glue guy for this team. Here's to hoping for a full recovery.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

In his interview on "Raptors Today" following today's practice he seemed pretty upbeat about things, again repeating the "tweaking" need but he was knocking down shots.

Comment

he also said he will not be the guy shooting 3's and his role will be to attack attack attack..

Comment

"I told him, don't even worry about his shot," said Raptors coach Dwane Casey. "He's been working his butt off on his shot, his shot has improved but I'm not even concerned about that because he brings so many other things to the table."

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=433289
                      The entire article is a good read on where Fields is right now.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Last year, when the Raptors came to Halifax for the Intra-squad scrimmage, you could tell Landry didn't have his shot as he really (REALLY) struggled shooting free throws, including 1 or 2 not even hitting rim. I will be keep a close eye on him this Saturday at this year's game to see if he has been able to at least get the mechanics back. I'm less worried about his range as that will come as his elbow regains strength, but only if he can get his mechanics back.
                        Please post whist you observe.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Quite frankly, even if he didn't shoot Fields would be a major asset because of his ability to guard elite shooters. In another thread someone had a video of Landry guarding Kobe. He stuck with him for 4 or 5 Kobe jinks and still contested the shot. There is no one else on the Raptors who can do that. Fields doesn't need to shoot if he lowers the score of the best shooter on the other team by 10 points, or changes there shooting % from 48 to 32.
                          Agreed. Just let him stick to the cutting lay ups. He does need to give the threat of scoring on offence .....remember Reggie Evans other teams left him alone on offence and did double team on others. We need to avoid that.

Comment

My opinion is that I think the reality of Fields' situation is that they're not expecting much out of him this year. I think the players we brought in or the moves we didn't make kind of reflects what they expect of him, which is not a whole lot. I think the talk about the intangibles he brings minus the offense is just lip service. They say that so that Landry doesn't discouraged, and so that his competition doesn't grow complacent.

What troubles me about Fields is that we're into year 2 of a 3-year contract. Last year all the talk was about whether he could return to his rookie form and whether the second year was an aberration. Now we're a full year ahead of that and still asking the same questions. When you think about the possibility that he won't get a ton of minutes, coupled with uncertainty around his injury we could literally be asking the same questions we had of him last year in year 3 of his ridiculously overpaid contract. And that kind of scares me.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              My opinion is that I think the reality of Fields' situation is that they're not expecting much out of him this year. I think the players we brought in or the moves we didn't make kind of reflects what they expect of him, which is not a whole lot. I think the talk about the intangibles he brings minus the offense is just lip service. They say that so that Landry doesn't discouraged, and so that his competition doesn't grow complacent.

What troubles me about Fields is that we're into year 2 of a 3-year contract. Last year all the talk was about whether he could return to his rookie form and whether the second year was an aberration. Now we're a full year ahead of that and still asking the same questions. When you think about the possibility that he won't get a ton of minutes, coupled with uncertainty around his injury we could literally be asking the same questions we had of him last year in year 3 of his ridiculously overpaid contract. And that kind of scares me.
                              The first part is right. You just have to make the best of it. Once you accept the overpriced deal, you can live with the idea that anything you get from him is icing on the cake. If he returns to top form then all the better. It's not like this team is one piece away from contending and Fields is the issue. Derozan and Gay are going to play most of the wing minutes I imagine, Ross will get a chance and I suspect Fields will get his minutes. If Ross hasn't improved, you run Fields out there more and he can still help you, even if he isn't at his best.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                                The first part is right. You just have to make the best of it. Once you accept the overpriced deal, you can live with the idea that anything you get from him is icing on the cake. If he returns to top form then all the better. It's not like this team is one piece away from contending and Fields is the issue. Derozan and Gay are going to play most of the wing minutes I imagine, Ross will get a chance and I suspect Fields will get his minutes. If Ross hasn't improved, you run Fields out there more and he can still help you, even if he isn't at his best.
                                Speaking of Ross, we haven't heard a damn thing about him. He seems to be the forgotten man (already).

Comment

Working...
                                X