Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps Scrimmage in Halifax - a first glance chance - what to look for on Sat Oct 5th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    From Jay Saturo, their community manager in charge of tweets, youtube, etc.
    Ohhh okay. Did he tweet about it or something?
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I'll be there on Saturday - I'll try to drop a report as well.

Comment

Got my tickets ... and yes, Tyler will probably start THIS game.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          Tyler Hansbrough will start for the Raptors book it
          Book it as in vacate the stadium cause that's a really bad idea?

Comment

why am i seeing John Lucas in Halifax... totally forgot about him -.-
            but didnt he leave..... so lost
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
              why am i seeing John Lucas in Halifax... totally forgot about him -.-
              but didnt he leave..... so lost
              huh? john lucas plays for Utah Jazz

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                huh? john lucas plays for Utah Jazz
                lool i saw a short bald head guy with a beard thought it was him xD
                i'm jumping to conclusions...again
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

Still have no idea why this camp is in Halifax..... bum fuck nowhere of Canada.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                    lool i saw a short bald head guy with a beard thought it was him xD
                    i'm jumping to conclusions...again
                    Get some sleep old man

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Halifax is a great city. Good eats, great bars...but the weather can really suck.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Wow, douche of the year award goes to.....

Allow me to educate the ignorant.

Halifax has a proud basketball tradition, hosting the CIS Championship for many years. The Metro Center provides a great game facility, while the Canada Games Center offers the team a state of the art training facility.

Many NBA (and other professional) teams host a portion of their training camp away from their regular practice facility, as it allows for more team bonding and exposure to other markets. Since the Raps have stated multiple times that they want to be more "Canada's team", then hosting away from Toronto makes sense. The team obviously enjoyed last year so much that they decided to come again. It's a great city to visit, Id' recommend you try it, but you might not be welcome with that attitude.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I kept thinking it was in Halifax because there were no distractions there (family, friends) so they could focus on ball and ball alone,
                          thankyou sir thanks for the history lesson, pretty good to know

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                            Get some sleep old man
                            should i even start explaining, nah.

Comment

Seems like I upset the people that live in the bloody Styx of Canada. Halifax sucks not even the people that live there really want to live there.

Plenty of options the Raps could have went to if they want players to fall in love with Canada. You never run into anyone who says hey you know where I want to go? Halifax that place is amazing....

Well I take some of that back it cant be as bad as Saskatchewan.
                              Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Fri Oct 4, 2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Halifax was always referred to as the basketball capital of Canada when we were hosting the CIS/CIAU National Championships for close to 25 straight years.

Comment

Working...
                                X