Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps Scrimmage in Halifax - a first glance chance - what to look for on Sat Oct 5th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar beasted Ross and Gay were.......Ya

DeMar is focused dont worry about him guys dont worry about JV either.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Raps have enough 3s and 4s.
      They have enough PGs too but I like the versatility of stone and what he could bring to the lineups when paired with another PG. There would be little to no defensive worries like the Calderon/Lowry/JL3 combos of last season.
      Ah yes, quite true. My mind is actually leaning a bit towards Stone, whether it's Stone or Wright, I wouldn't mind at all. Morais has been a non-factor so far, we'll see how he factors in pre-season.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Demar went 3 of 4 from 3. So there's that.
        DeMar's handle was a MAJOR surprise to me, he refined his post-game with better/quicker footwork as well, but the handle looked tight. I mean, shot-creator-worthy-handle-tight.

Comment

• Know who else was impressive? Buycks and Ausustine. Ujiri made some good moves to shape the roster with what he had at his disposal.

Even though its Stones spot to lose I cant sleep on Wright, he may finally get his end of the bench spot.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            6/25???!!!!!!.....it's just preseason.....it's just preseason....it's just preseason....it's just preseason......
            its not even preseason. just a scrimmage. relax.

Comment

• JV and Demar made the game look easy

Comment

• 6/25 is bad. Bad because if you go 6/15, your assist totals should then start to really increase.

Nothing worse than a blackhole man.... nothing.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                  6/25 is bad. Bad because if you go 6/15, your assist totals should then start to really increase.

Nothing worse than a blackhole man.... nothing.
                  I'm petty sure stats are for people who don't play ball.

Comment

• Guys, real talks calm down
                    he didn't look comfortable out there. his body kept slowing him down, once he gets used to to the the extra weight it'll all be better, give it some time.
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Dont worry Rudy will put doubters to rest come season time and we'll be happy to have him it was just glorified practise after all I doubt he took it serious and was playing around on his possessions. DeMar and JV however they go HAM in every game they play I bet they could be playing against bed ridden cancer kids and still light up the stat line.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I'm petty sure stats are for people who don't play ball.

I'm pretty sure 6/26 is a stat you likely would have noticed watching the game.... you know, with out a stat sheet.

Smart Arse!

hahaha

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                          I'm pretty sure 6/26 is a stat you likely would have noticed watching the game.... you know, with out a stat sheet.

Smart Arse!

hahaha
                          With the stat sheet you would have seen 6/25.

lol

Comment

• Enough of these excuses for Rudy, he was absolutely awful in a scrimmage - main thing was he didn't look engaged, and along with that, he just didn't play well.

Comment

• Guys: it's the very first intrasquad scrimmage game in the preseason. It means literally next to nothing. We will go on to play a bunch of preseason games against other teams and they will mean next to nothing, because it's the preseason and most players treat them like warmups except for the guys fighting for a job or to keep their job. The only people who will be giving a thousand percent out there should be Stone, Morais and Wright (and maybe to a lesser extent Buycks and Augustin fighting over who becomes the second-string point guard). Everybody else is easing into the season.

After an entire preseason's worth of games last year lots of people thought JL3 could be a decent second-string point guard and that Alan Anderson was our secret weapon. The preseason means nothing.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                Guys: it's the very first intrasquad scrimmage game in the preseason. It means literally next to nothing. We will go on to play a bunch of preseason games against other teams and they will mean next to nothing, because it's the preseason and most players treat them like warmups except for the guys fighting for a job or to keep their job. The only people who will be giving a thousand percent out there should be Stone, Morais and Wright (and maybe to a lesser extent Buycks and Augustin fighting over who becomes the second-string point guard). Everybody else is easing into the season.

After an entire preseason's worth of games last year lots of people thought JL3 could be a decent second-string point guard and that Alan Anderson was our secret weapon. The preseason means nothing.
                                This. If nothing else, it is yet another example that Demar plays great when the games mean nothing and Rudy is the exact opposite. But again, I contradict myself even as I'm typing - it means nothing. It's just so easy to have an opinion, draw conclusions and overreact, isn't it? lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X