ESPN's Complete 2014 Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xixak wrote: View Post
    If Val and Amir are combining for almost 30-20 like predicted in there, we're probably going to be the 6 seed. Especially with basically 0 dropoff from DeMar/Gay/Lowry based on the projection.
    This is all subjective. The problem I have when one makes predictions about where they should finish is that there is no accounting for injuries and you're forced into making a bunch of presumptions based off last years data.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      This is all subjective. The problem I have when one makes predictions about where they should finish is that there is no accounting for injuries and you're forced into making a bunch of presumptions based off last years data.
      Sure there is. They predicted Val would play 75 games. Thus missing 7 games due to injury.
      Also predicted that Amir would miss only 3 games due to a presumed sprained ankle.

Further more, and I'm not one to defend ESPN, but I can't imagine their predictions are based solely off of just last year. I'm sure they look at the players general career curve.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Sure there is. They predicted Val would play 75 games. Thus missing 7 games due to injury.
        Also predicted that Amir would miss only 3 games due to a presumed sprained ankle.

Further more, and I'm not one to defend ESPN, but I can't imagine their predictions are based solely off of just last year. I'm sure they look at the players general career curve.
        I was more referring to xixak's post than the article.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Except my post was in reference to the article.... so you were referring to the article as well by default.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
            Except my post was in reference to the article.... so you were referring to the article as well by default.
            Yes, but not in particular to the part I was referencing where you say we'll be the 6th seed.

Comment

Yes, but not in particular to the part I was referencing where you say we'll be the 6th seed.
              You were talking about injuries. The article accounts for injuries, note that not all the players are projected to play 82 games.

Comment

Which as Xixak points out, was referring to the article.
                He was basing his positional prediction off of the ESPN predicted stats; which DO account for Injuries.
                And of which, he is probably right. If we get DD, Rudy and Lowry playing like last year, but add in 30-20 from our starting 4/5 and you've probably got about 10 more wins on the year, which puts us at 44 wins and the 6th seed. So, once again, using the article as his basis, I see no fault with what Xixak said.

If he were just saying, "The Raps will get the 6th" with no real context, then sure, I'd take issue with it.

Comment

I hope ESPN is right but I have my doubts. Bucyks likely to give more energy off bench than DJ...

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    I hope ESPN is right but I have my doubts. Bucyks likely to give more energy off bench than DJ...
                    Same here.

ESPN is being really generous to the young bigs it looks like. They have Val putting up 16-9, Favors putting up 16-11 for Utah, Kanter putting up 14-9, etc.

For some reason they only have 14-9 for Anthony Davis though -___-

Comment

JV will do well to average 16 points a game but I think he should aim for at least 8 rebounds a game.
                      ya dun noe

Comment

It would seem, from a quick glance, that they have predicted an increase for a lot of players. While the decreases are very minimal. I didn't do the math, but if they are correct, toronto is about to increase their scoring substantially.

What a crock of shit these articles are hahaha

Comment

Working...
                        X