Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade JV + more to the team with the 1st overall pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure it's less costly and a lot more realistic to "tank" and trade in-season, thus keeping Jonas and improving chances at Wiggins. It makes no sense to avoid tanking and then gut the entire team for that pick, which is not going to be traded anyway.

Comment

Wiggins won't be a Toronto Raptor.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I'm pretty sure it's less costly and a lot more realistic to "tank" and trade in-season, thus keeping Jonas and improving chances at Wiggins. It makes no sense to avoid tanking and then gut the entire team for that pick, which is not going to be traded anyway.
        I think the least costly and most realistic option is to not bank an entire season on getting Wiggins period.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
          I think the least costly and most realistic option is to not bank an entire season on getting Wiggins period.
          I just meant for chasing a high pick in general. You should shed the least amount of assets possible.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Wiggins won't be a Toronto Raptor.
            In about 6 years Id say its our best chance to land him.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              In about 6 years I'm hoping to see media headlines like that:

Raptors Win NBA Championship With X Win Over X In X Finals Game 7

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them." - Leiweke ( thanks to Matt52 )

-------------

I have a feeling that Wiggins will exceeds his expectations in college, so if he does, why would any GM trade potential Lebron 2.0 ( excluding okc and mia gms ) for big dude who will never be like Tim Duncan ? JV can be good and I believe he will, but let's be realistic for the moment, he'll never be like Tim Duncan. Tim was created for the basketball, he was special one, my 2 cents don't judge.

I do believe Wiggins will be good from the start in NBA, so we'll have only couple ways in getting him:

1) Tank hard, mess with fans feelings and hope for the luck.

2) Wait 2018 and sign him as a free agent.
              Last edited by rocwell; Fri Oct 11, 2013, 12:17 AM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                In about 6 years I'm hoping to see media headlines like that:

Raptors Win NBA Championship With X Win Over X In X Finals Game 7

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them." - Leiweke ( thanks to Matt52 )
                This is true but whos sating we cant do that and get Wiggins by then his rookie deal will be up and if he is as patriotic as he says he is no other team can sway him from coming home.

Comment

This is true but whos sating we cant do that and get Wiggins by then his rookie deal will be up and if he is as patriotic as he says he is no other team can sway him from coming home.
                  That would be best years for us.

Anyway, we could sign Wiggins only in 2018 or 2019. No earlier than that Ehhh fuck, I'm getting old.

Comment

That's assuming we even have a fuckin team by that point lol if we keep losing...
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

9-10 years, maybe. This year, 4 rookie years, 4-5 second contract years if he lives up to expectations.

2023 here we come!
                      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Oct 11, 2013, 06:12 AM.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                        9-10 years, maybe. This year, 4 rookie years, 4-5 second contract years if he lives up to expectations.

2023 here we come!
                        Then maybe a 2-3 year extension for big dollars, and then he can come back home to the TDot as 30 year old veteran.

Comment

In about 6 years, Wiggins will be leading his team to multiple finals appearances. Can't see him wanting to jump ship then

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                            KB24 was drafted by the Hornets and immediately traded for Vlade Divac. That trade worked out for both teams.
                            sorry, how did it work out for the hornets?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

anyways, i wouldn't do it. certainly not now, anyways. if Wiggins had a durant type year in college, then i'd have to think long and hard about it.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

This scenario makes several assumptions that you simply cannot say no to.
                                (a) That the 1st overall pick is available for trade.
                                (b) That the team owning that pick would take your 1st round pick + JV + DeMar/Gay
                                (c) That the draft order has been determined and everyone knows who the #1 prospect is.

I don't think JV will ever reach Hibbert's level as an imposing defensive gargantuan. He'll probably down the road average more points, but that's about it. And despite his prowess down there, Hibbert is not a franchise player.

Indiana has Hibbert, Paul George, Danny Granger, David West, Stevenson, Hill and now Scola. The Raptors are more like if Indiana had just Hibbert, Stevenson, and Hill and you were asking them if they would trade any combination of those guys for Paul George. I'd say the safe and obvious answer to that is a resounding yes.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X