Playoff level basketball in the regular season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff level basketball in the regular season

Man, these Sunday games between rivals are something special. Orlando v. Cleveland was awesome. Let's see if Boston v. Denver can be similar.

What it tells me though, is that the Raps need to pick up the defensive intensity. Especially going on the road, they need to pick it up, or they will find themselves losing come playoff time. In this stretch run, the Raps cannot afford to continue to lose focus and stand around on D.

I think its fairly obvious the Raps have to pick up their defensive intensity.
    Now they're going to face "real" teams in the next 3 games so its going to be interesting if they really are a better team or is their recent record a product of playing bad teams.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
      I think its fairly obvious the Raps have to pick up their defensive intensity.
      Now they're going to face "real" teams in the next 3 games so its going to be interesting if they really are a better team or is their recent record a product of playing bad teams.
      They're definitely a better team, but they're not as good as their record and some fanboys would have you believe, so I'm gonna go with the latter and say that their recent record is the product of playing bad teams. They still make the same mistakes on offense and defense and better teams will take advantage of that. In fact, these last 2 months will be as good as it gets this season imo, and I'm expect that 3 game lead we have on seeds 6-8 to drop.

I see them going 1-2 in the next 3.
      Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Feb 21, 2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
        They're definitely a better team, but they're not as good as their record and some fanboys would have you believe, so I'm gonna go with the latter and say that their recent record is the product of playing bad teams.
        The Celtics have the luxury of playing the Nets, 76ers and Knicks 4 times a year and you wouldnt say their record is a result of who they have played.The schedule is what it is! Its predetermined! Keep in mind During our 2 month stretch we have beat the Mavericks, Lakers, Magic and the spurs.

Comment

2mrw2day wrote: View Post
          The Celtics have the luxury of playing the Nets, 76ers and Knicks 4 times a year and you wouldnt say their record is a result of who they have played.The schedule is what it is! Its predetermined! Keep in mind During our 2 month stretch we have beat the Mavericks, Lakers, Magic and the spurs.
          We have that same luxury though. The Celtics also have a recurring theme to them: winning streaks. If the Raps could muster up something more impressive than a 5-game win streak then we wouldn't be having this convo. Not to take away from the wins against those teams but to be taken seriously you have play good much much more often than you play bad. You can't have complete defensive lapses against teams like the Indiana Pacers; or allow pathetic teams like the Nets to crawl back into it.

It's all about consistent effort and that's what has always been missing from the Raps these last few years.

Comment

Working...
          X