No announcement yet.

Raps Vs. Knicks (game thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buycks is playing like he doesn't want to make mistakes, and its causing him to doubt himself... and make mistakes. it happens. problem is he's constantly looking over his back. You gotta let Buycks be Buycks.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Buycks is playing like he doesn't want to make mistakes, and its causing him to doubt himself... and make mistakes. it happens. problem is he's constantly looking over his back. You gotta let Buycks be Buycks.
      I guess I can agree with that. Buycks can definitely score and is a MUCH better defender than DJ. Maybe he looked so bad creating for others because he was playing with third stringers. Maybe if he was playing with the main bench guys or some starters he would look better. Time will tell. But Casey seems to really like Buycks and Stone so that doesn't bode well for DJ.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        I guess I can agree with that. Buycks can definitely score and is a MUCH better defender than DJ. Maybe he looked so bad creating for others because he was playing with third stringers. Maybe if he was playing with the main bench guys or some starters he would look better. Time will tell. But Casey seems to really like Buycks and Stone so that doesn't bode well for DJ.
        Its preseason. DC wants to know what he's got; he's trying them out for third string in my opinion.
        I think DJ is his first PG off the bench. And rightfully so.
        With KLs style, having a guy like DJ (who's been a starter in this league) is a huge asset.
        I would be surprised and disappointed if DJ didn't get the back-up minutes.

Comment

• caught the replay just now

1. stone still looks completely lost on an nba court
          2. byucks will probably get the 3rd pg slot. maybe 2nd at the rate DJ is playing
          3. acy did good at dleague last year, did even better at summer league this year, and is just doing amazing right now. how can you not give him a roster slot.

my only concern is casey.
          that is, is casey competent enough to use all these tools available to him now. can he effectively work a rotation of jv, amir, tyler, acy, gray.

Comment

• we made nba.coms highlights three times this morning hahaha
            its an accomplishment fellas
            at #9, 7, and 2
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• honestly buyks gave me a headache last night and t ross wasnt performing well either ughh
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I want my PG to be able to run a team, and not just be another SG on the team. I'm just not impressed. Hopefully he proves me wrong but at this point I'm ready to see more of Stone and less of Buycks.
                Stone has 0 offensive game, he's just a great defender and decent passer. Buycks value is actually in his defense rather than his offense.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• If you guys can reflect on the talent that we have on the bench this year, it really highlights how poor of judgement and decision making Brian Colanegelo had for player selection.

That might include Rudy Gay....

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                    caught the replay just now

1. stone still looks completely lost on an nba court
                    2. byucks will probably get the 3rd pg slot. maybe 2nd at the rate DJ is playing
                    3. acy did good at dleague last year, did even better at summer league this year, and is just doing amazing right now. how can you not give him a roster slot.

that is, is casey competent enough to use all these tools available to him now. can he effectively work a rotation of jv, amir, tyler, acy, gray.
                    In Casey's post-game press conference he basically answers the backup point guard question. He said essentially they are at the same level, with not one being better than the other. Playing time would be dictated by their differing defensive styles, with Buycks being more of an attack defender with Augustin being a more traditional stay in front of your man.. Also, he talked up Stone's defense so expect Stone to make the team as a versatile defender.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• The best thing about DD's performance last night was that, most of the 20 was on Iman. Knicks best perimeter defender.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        The best thing about DD's performance last night was that, most of the 20 was on Iman. Knicks best perimeter defender.
                        I think he had a couple of nice moves against Artest too. Overall he didn't really get rattled by anybody. Just wish that jumper was falling.

Comment

• Demar hit two nice fading jumpers in the midrange. Its his 3 jumper that hasnt fallen yet.

Im not worried. If Demar continues to play this composed, this focused, and this intelligent (those two passes to Val after Chandler sagged were beautiful to see) his 3 will be nothing but a BONUS.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                            Buycks value is actually in his defense rather than his offense.
                            But at the same time, I don't think we brought him in just to be the "Landry Fields" of the PG spot...
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                              DING DING DING

If anyone can really screw things up, it's Casey.

Tho maybe that's the warlord MU's plan all along.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                If anyone can really screw things up, it's Casey.

Tho maybe that's the warlord MU's plan all along.
                                'Give him enough slack to hang himself with' per se? It's been done before, so wouldn't be the first time. Any warlord knows, you always have to have an out. Casey will be the first to be thrown under the bus I imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X