This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ACC crowd is an embarassment to Toronto Basketball

As much as I disliked Bargs and other underachievers in any sport, I always found it embarassing when he was boo'd at the ACC. I cannot imagine how much it tarnished our perception in the eyes of opposing players as well as our own. In Amir's words:

"We were pissed, man," Johnson said of the booing. "No matter if he was playing well or not, as fans they should just be supportive, and for us no matter if we win or lose. We were kind of upset about that."
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...argnanis-back/

I am dreading the displays of ignorance at the ACC tonight. Reminds me why I decided to boycott games at the ACC; its an insult to the intelligence of a true basketball fan. Once you watch a game in an American city and observe how they experience a basketball game, you are turned off the ACC "fans" forever.

And dont even get me started on the Pizza Pizza standing ovations...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBHBC8qsgs

Hands down - worst crowd in the league! Loud as hell, but dumb as f*^%. Its too bad the people in this board make up such a small percentage of that crowd...

Maybe if he gave us something to cheer for?

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
      But, it doesn't just affect Bargs, it affects the whole organization. There are other ways to show displeasure without pissing off everyone associated with the team.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
        I was looking over his stats today, and I'd forgotten that he actually averaged 21+ ppg for a whole season (66 gp) three years ago.

21+ ppg.

It doesn't make sense. I don't remember this. Did this happen? How did this happen?
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

You're right with couple things vegeta, but you should be banned right now for calling raps fans worst crowd in NBA. Fuck off.

Comment

He hit shots...that's what happened. Last year his shooting was brutal, if he gets back to 21+ppg with NYK they will be happy, even if he hurts their defense.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              You're right with couple things vegeta, but you should be banned right now for calling raps fans worst crowd in NBA. Fuck off.
              Until Toronto, boos santa off the court that distinction will rest with Philly.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Until Toronto, boos santa off the court that distinction will rest with Philly.
                sounds fair.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  vegeta wrote: View Post
                  In Amir's words:
                  "We were pissed, man," Johnson said of the booing. "No matter if he was playing well or not, as fans they should just be supportive, and for us no matter if we win or lose. We were kind of upset about that."
                  http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...argnanis-back/
                  Hands down - worst crowd in the league! Loud as hell, but dumb as f*^%. Its too bad the people in this board make up such a small percentage of that crowd...
                  Vegeta, your statement is a little harsh. I'd amend it to something like "the worst Raptors fans, who seem to make up a not-insignificant proportion of ticket-buyers, are the worst fans in the league." This I could agree with.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    I was looking over his stats today, and I'd forgotten that he actually averaged 21+ ppg for a whole season (66 gp) three years ago.

21+ ppg.

It doesn't make sense. I don't remember this. Did this happen? How did this happen?
                    that can happen when you are the one of the only two people on a team that can score (the other was derozan)

Comment

Hands down - worst crowd in the league! Loud as hell, but dumb as f*^%.
                      man that was a bit harsh.
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Go fuck yourself! Nuff said!

Comment

listen, every respect to amir's comments that being booed by your own city sucks

at the same time, you're getting paid millions of dollars to win games.
                          you're in a big city like toronto
                          you put up what, 6~7 years of losing seasons

what the fuck do you expect your fans to do to you?

Comment

The year Bargs scored 21ppg, was when Derozan was the #2 option behind Bargnani as the #1. #3 scorer was Leandro Barbosa. #4 spot is the Amnestyied Kleiza.

Clearly that year Bargs put up 21ppg because no one else on the team was able to score.

If you compare that year to this year, we are 150% more talented.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              The year Bargs scored 21ppg, was when Derozan was the #2 option behind Bargnani as the #1. #3 scorer was Leandro Barbosa. #4 spot is the Amnestyied Kleiza.

Clearly that year Bargs put up 21ppg because no one else on the team was able to score.

If you compare that year to this year, we are 150% more talented.
                              Already gave a thumbs up but +1!

Comment

Working...
                              X