Will Toronto be the new South Beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Toronto be the new South Beach?

In the history of the NBA, have you ever heard this phrase uttered (at least with actual sincerity)? Check it out at the 20sec mark

You know you can load videos @ a specific time stamp right?

Comment

In 3-4 years Wiggins and Bennett will come to Toronto. Wiggins will do it on live TV. Book it.
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
        In 3-4 years Wiggins and Bennett will come to Toronto. Wiggins will do it on live TV. Book it.
        How this is possible if they live up to their expectations?

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
          You know you can load videos @ a specific time stamp right?
          context. but thanks anyways

Comment

With global warming Toronto may become the South Beach of the future but it probably won't happen in my lifetime, unfortunately.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              With global warming Toronto may become the South Beach of the future but it probably won't happen in my lifetime, unfortunately.
              lol
              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

I have no idea what im supposed to pick up on at the 20 sec mark. that he loves his teammates?
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  I have no idea what im supposed to pick up on at the 20 sec mark. that he loves his teammates?
                  that's the beginning of the question...the answer is the funny part

Comment

what the hell does any of that have to do with south beach

Comment

phez wrote: View Post

I was about to say that lol
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

This Toronto love-in is great and all, it will probably continue until at least the 2016 All-star game. But, in-between and after there is reality. This team still continues to put a dysfunctional product on the floor. Toronto has to offer more than just being the city where these guys are from, in order to attract them.

Outside, of Carmelo (who spent half his childhood in Baltimore). I can't think of a single superstar who went out of his way to go to his hometown team, for the sake of it being his hometown (Forgot Chauncey Billups). Howard didn't go to Atlanta, Bosh didn't go to Dallas, Lebron left Cleveland and Wade didn't go to Chicago, Kobe and Philly etc.... Winning and lifestyle are important.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                          Was "The Decision" that long ago? More likely that I was making too much of a leap from a "shout out to Toronto" to a tongue in cheek plan for the young Canadians to reunite as Raptors when they can. If you don't know where the quote comes from...that's another story

Comment

Guys, the OP meant 0:32 second mark.

The questions was asking when Tristan Thompson came over to him and said a few words, he seemed to get fired up, what did Tristan say?

The answer started with a major shoutout to Toronto: "You gotta do it for Toronto. You gotta do it for the Cleveland Cavaliers.."
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Guys, the OP meant 0:32 second mark.

The questions was asking when Tristan Thompson came over to him and said a few words, he seemed to get fired up, what did Tristan say?

The answer started with a major shoutout to Toronto: "You gotta do it for Toronto. You gotta do it for the Cleveland Cavaliers.."
                              Thx

Comment

Working...
                              X