Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Ten Raptor (not just players) of all time - Agree or Disagree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Raptor (not just players) of all time - Agree or Disagree?

Not sure if this has been posted but it seems like it can generate a good deal of discussion here.

http://www.raptorscage.ca/top-10-toronto-raptors-time/

Ahh, I miss Calderon :/
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Well I disagree with the inclusion of Colangelo on the list. I would indeed put him at #1 on the top 10 worst things to happen to this franchise (and yes he would beat out Babcock).

Otherwise I'd repace Mighty Mouse aswell and put Amir on the Honorable Mention list.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
        Well I disagree with the inclusion of Colangelo on the list. I would indeed put him at #1 on the top 10 worst things to happen to this franchise (and yes he would beat out Babcock).

Otherwise I'd repace Mighty Mouse aswell and put Amir on the Honorable Mention list.
        Colangelo is like the Brett Favre of executives. His name is high up on many record lists both good and bad.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          Colangelo is like the Brett Favre of executives. His name is high up on many record lists both good and bad.
          Like Lenny Wilkens...the winningest and losingest coach of all time :|

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            I think this is more than a bit of a false analogy.

Any individuals with a long tenure in a business (sport or otherwise) will naturally have both positive and negative accolades associated with them.

Ofcourse once one bothers to look at the depth of their respective contributions, comparisons change quick.

Brett Favre led his teams to 2 superbowls including a win. To the playoffs 60% of the time over his career winning 55% of his playoff games, with a winning 62% of his games in the regular season.

In comparison

Colangelo over saw Toronto getting to the playoffs twice (22%) never getting out of the first round, where the team won 27% of its games (3 total games won), while the team won 43% of its game in the regular season during his tenure.

Colangelo is much closer to the Charlie Batch of executives than a Brett Favre.

Comment

Why is Charles Oakley on there? Consistently the most overrated by Raptor of all time.

Colangelo should be nowhere near that list.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                Why is Charles Oakley on there? Consistently the most overrated by Raptor of all time.
                Completely disagree. Oakley was the glue that got us into the Playoffs, and ultimately out of the First Round. While his behind-the-back passes were infuriating, his lockerroom presense will go unmatched in Raptorland for a long, long time, I'd imagine.

Comment

I'm surprised Chuck Swirsky didn't make the list.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Completely disagree. Oakley was the glue that got us into the Playoffs, and ultimately out of the First Round. While his behind-the-back passes were infuriating, his lockerroom presense will go unmatched in Raptorland for a long, long time, I'd imagine.
                    Exactly what I mean. Oakley was a solid, blue collar player who contributed to the team's success. But saying he was the reason Toronto got out of the first round is like saying Chris Bosh is the reason Miami has won the last two titles.

The hagiography of Oakley in Toronto never ceases to amaze....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      Exactly what I mean. Oakley was a solid, blue collar player who contributed to the team's success. But saying he was the reason Toronto got out of the first round is like saying Chris Bosh is the reason Miami has won the last two titles.

The hagiography of Oakley in Toronto never ceases to amaze....
                      I never said 'the reason'... I said the 'glue', and I stand by it. He was the Veteran leader of that team. No question about it. And him calling out Vince early in the Playoffs was unheard of ... and completely needed.

Comment

Wheres Hoffa?

Comment

I tried researching the name sof all the Raptor Mascots so i could fill in spots 1-7 or so, but couldn't find them.

but I got:

8. Carter
                          9. Calderon
                          10.Christie

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                            I tried researching the name sof all the Raptor Mascots so i could fill in spots 1-7 or so, but couldn't find them.

but I got:

8. Carter
                            9. Calderon
                            10.Christie
                            Pretty sure its been the same mascot for most of Raptors history. Could be off on that.
                            But at the Knicks game, they played a tribute to him because of the injury, showing a bunch of times he messed up dunks, and they were showing clips from like 97.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that it's the same guy in the suit for the past 18 years (i.e. since day 1).

Comment

Working...
                              X