No announcement yet.

7PM ET Raptors preview @ Raptors.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see Jonas try to be Cabbie....I think he could pull it off.

Comment

Interesting when Cabbie asked JV about gaining weight this summer....Jonas said the team wants him to lose weight now.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Interesting when Cabbie asked JV about gaining weight this summer....Jonas said the team wants him to lose weight now.
        I missed that.

Well, bulking up is not easy process, and no matter on what diet you're - you will gain fat. I'm pretty sure his Body fat % became bigger than Raps trainers want.

I really would like to hear what Casey is thinking about JV's weight. If he's really required to loose weight because of his body fat %, that means his gotta take slower in bulking up process ( and add more semi intesity cardio exercises ).
        Some guys just can't take new body fat easily, as they get winded faster. <<< This especially happens to the guys who have athlete's body fat %.
        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Oct 18, 2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Been watchng this team since day 1 back in the Damon Stoudamire days. I don't think they've ever done an event like that before. Pretty cool.

Tim Leiweke is an amazing speaker. When he speak you listen. And Masai is just full of passion. They're awesome.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            I missed that.

Well, bulking up is not easy process, and no matter on what diet you're - you will gain fat. I'm pretty sure his Body fat % became bigger than Raps trainers want.

I really would like to hear Casey talking about JV's weight. If he's really required to loose weight because of his body fat %, that means his gotta take slower in bulking up process ( and add more semi intesity cardio exercises ).
            Some guys just can't take new body fat easily, as they get winded faster. <<< This especially happens to the guys who have athlete's body fat %.
            I don't know if it's necessarily body fat. It might just ahve to do with wanting him to regain his quickness. I'm sure things will work out as he gets into game shape.

One thing Casey said in one interview this preseason was that he doesn't think JOnas doesn't need to focus on gaining weight anymore. That he will naturally get a bit bigger with age and that should be fine going forward. I think that sounds about right. I don't think he'll ever need to spend another summer where that's his major focus.

Comment

I don't know if it's necessarily body fat. It might just ahve to do with wanting him to regain his quickness. I'm sure things will work out as he gets into game shape.

One thing Casey said in one interview this preseason was that he doesn't think JOnas doesn't need to focus on gaining weight anymore. That he will naturally get a bit bigger with age and that should be fine going forward. I think that sounds about right. I don't think he'll ever need to spend another summer where that's his major focus.

If they want him to regain his quickness - then it's all about body fat. ( average BF%[20-24] people don't really feel any change in their breathing after bulking up [unless they don't cut], but for the guys with 5%-14% body fat - bulking up is worst process as you will feel like shit and unhealthy.
              Assuming JV's body fat is perfect, then he'll have to stop protein intake and "burn" his muscles. That would be stupid thing to do, right. It's all about body fat. At least his wife can get excited - JV will have Blake Griffin's abs.

Everything is good. By cutting fat JV will be quicker and will take longer to get winded.

Comment

I just wanna fast forward three years ahead and see what this team looks like. Because Tim is gettin' me too excited haha.
                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Been watchng this team since day 1 back in the Damon Stoudamire days. I don't think they've ever done an event like that before. Pretty cool.

Tim Leiweke is an amazing speaker. When he speak you listen. And Masai is just full of passion. They're awesome.
                  As great as this was, hopefully it's not more of the same. They've done this before just without video cameras. Everyone just hung out in the gym. You could just walk up to colangelo and ask him a question. He also had a pretty good pedigree and was promising a new beginning. He also said in a preseason, just as Masai just did, that this season wasn't about wins and losses. We remember how that went. But I'm a sucker. Espn be damned. Bring it on.

Comment

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...8/Anon-3015367

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...8/Anon-3015404

Thought this would embed, ah well...links work...for those who missed it.
                    Last edited by blackjitsu; Fri Oct 18, 2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      If they want him to regain his quickness - then it's all about body fat. ( average BF%[20-24] people don't really feel any change in their breathing after bulking up [unless they don't cut], but for the guys with 5%-14% body fat - bulking up is worst process as you will feel like shit and unhealthy.
                      Assuming JV's body fat is perfect, then he'll have to stop protein intake and "burn" his muscles. That would be stupid thing to do, right. It's all about body fat. At least his wife can get excited - JV will have Blake Griffin's abs.

Everything is good. By cutting fat JV will be quicker and will take longer to get winded.
                      I just meant that maybe his body fat isn't bad. It could be the tougher issue of trying to get him quicker without wasting away any of his muscle. And that's also going to happen as the season goes on as it tends to for most of these guys, so you definitely don't want to accelerate that part. So yeah, I'm sure everything will work itself out. He could just regain some pop from playing games, so they might not amp up anything for him. It's not like he's terribly slow compared to last year. Just a tiny bit so I'm really not worried....

On another note....Preseason is way too damn long. We need real games to talk about.

Comment

I just meant that maybe his body fat isn't bad. It could be the tougher issue of trying to get him quicker without wasting away any of his muscle. And that's also going to happen as the season goes on as it tends to for most of these guys, so you definitely don't want to accelerate that part. So yeah, I'm sure everything will work itself out. He could just regain some pop from playing games, so they might not amp up anything for him. It's not like he's terribly slow compared to last year. Just a tiny bit so I'm really not worried....

On another note....Preseason is way too damn long. We need real games to talk about.
                        Nah, JV will never loose any muscle by playing in this league. I'm pretty sure it's a must for him to get about 300g-360g protein per day, otherwise at the end of the season he would be skinny dude.

Preseason is great for the players but oh yeah, I'm missing some real balling. ( I hope Raps ain't thinking about giving me heart attack. It was close in 12/13 season. )

11 days left.

Comment

If they are treating seasons ticket holders like share holders... that was a really bad shareholders meeting...

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            As great as this was, hopefully it's not more of the same. They've done this before just without video cameras. Everyone just hung out in the gym. You could just walk up to colangelo and ask him a question. He also had a pretty good pedigree and was promising a new beginning. He also said in a preseason, just as Masai just did, that this season wasn't about wins and losses. We remember how that went. But I'm a sucker. Espn be damned. Bring it on.
                            I think the big difference is Colangelo was never truly willing to be patient and stick to a larger vision. He would start one thing and then change course. Don't get me wrong, as circumstances change views will also change; plans can't be set in stone. However, I think Colangelo was too quick to throw in the towel at the first sign of adversity or when a 'get-good-quick' scam came along.

Comment

I was surprised to see Wayne Embry in the front row of Tim's speech. I thought he was gone.

Glad he is still here.

Comment

Under Colangelo we had huge changes every single season. It got to a point where the Raptors became just a short term destination.

Comment

Working...
                                X