Memphis @ Toronto: DeRozan's continued Growth and God Father IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis @ Toronto: DeRozan's continued Growth and God Father IV

Big Ed Davis is bback in town hes been playing really well since last season and continues being solid last game against ATL he had 14 pts and 8 rebounds on 7-11 shooting in just over 25 minutes I miss that guy.

Im excited to see DeMar go against Tony Allen if he can not get shut down by him like he usually does every time they play each other I'd say DeMar's growth is more than the eye test its bonafide legitimate. Bayless is also playing for anyone that cares he will likely tear up Augustine till Casey puts in Stone to do whatever he does to stop people defensively, give him the burn cause hes looking good to be back up point. I think Buycks has lost at this battle for moment, its between Stone and Augustine now. Novak probably not playing till opener I assume. Will be an interesting game tonight lots of great match ups.

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Big Ed Davis is bback in town hes been playing really well since last season and continues being solid last game against ATL he had 14 pts and 8 rebounds on 7-11 shooting in just over 25 minutes I miss that guy.

Im excited to see DeMar go against Tony Allen if he can not get shut down by him like he usually does every time they play each other I'd say DeMar's growth is more than the eye test its bonafide legitimate. Bayless is also playing for anyone that cares he will likely tear up Augustine till Casey puts in Stone to do whatever he does to stop people defensively, give him the burn cause hes looking good to be back up point. I think Buycks has lost at this battle for moment, its between Stone and Augustine now. Novak probably not playing till opener I assume. Will be an interesting game tonight lots of great match ups.
    Tough test for JV, against two of the best bigs in the game. Better come in focused.

Comment

tough test for Amir and JV nobody in the league can handle Marc and Zach really, the Spurs did but thats the legendary Tim Duncan for ya.

Comment

They are the toughest front court in the nba.

Gasol has that 8-10 footer that pulls you out and zbo is just a moving stone...

It's going to be a tough matchup tonight. Aaron Gray will be in effect.

Comment

I'm excited for the DeMar vs. Tony Allen matchup as well. Head to head, Allen is 8-1 vs. DeMar.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=allento01
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            I'm excited for the DeMar vs. Tony Allen matchup as well. Head to head, Allen is 8-1 vs. DeMar.

This matchup will be most exciting tonight!! Casey should give starters normal mins.
            Last edited by rocwell; Wed Oct 23, 2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

iirc last season Tony Allen locked Demar DOWN.

It will be exciting to see if Demar's new offensive efficiency and smooth ball, floaters, ball fakes will be able to throw Allen a bone.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                iirc last season Tony Allen locked Demar DOWN.

It will be exciting to see if Demar's new offensive efficiency and smooth ball, floaters, ball fakes will be able to throw Allen a bone.
                You're correct. 11.5 points on 32% shooting last year.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Last week, Casey said that the final 2 games will be indicative of a proper rotation. Thankfully, we'll see less of Daye, Buycks, Acy and Gray, and more of the first 9 players who will contribute when the "real" games start.

Comment

To be fair Allen locked down a lot of guys last year.

Wade: 15.5ppg on 38.7%
                    Kobe: 27.7ppg on 40.6%
                    Klay: 13.0ppg on 38.9%
                    Harden: 21.5ppg on 35.9%

Could go on. Allen is on another level defensively.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Last week, Casey said that the final 2 games will be indicative of a proper rotation. Thankfully, we'll see less of Daye, Buycks, Acy and Gray, and more of the first 9 players who will contribute when the "real" games start.
                      Acy Imo has been pretty good though, In a pinch id like to see him crack rotation.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post

To be fair again. Allen was on a title contender in all of those matchups. DeMar was on a bottom feeder.

Comment

Derozan, Wade & Klay have always been a bit streaky.

Shutting down Kobe and Harden is quite a feat.

I'm excited to see if Derozan can make the step up.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                            To be fair Allen locked down a lot of guys last year.

Wade: 15.5ppg on 38.7%
                            Kobe: 27.7ppg on 40.6%
                            Klay: 13.0ppg on 38.9%
                            Harden: 21.5ppg on 35.9%

Could go on. Allen is on another level defensively.
                            good point, this means that derozan will do even worse

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                              good point, this means that derozan will do even worse
                              Yup since all of those players are a lot better than him, including Klay.

Comment

Working...
                              X