Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dino4life wrote: View Post
    If you're gonna Bash Derozan, you probably shouldn't follow that by we should start Ross. He hasn't proved shit yet, and is probably years away from reaching Derozan's level, TODAY that is a stepbackwards and a gamble that might never pay off.

Isn't Sam Amico the Cavs version of Doug Smith ? We don't know which way Masai is gonna go, but one thing he made clear, is that he banks on devloping Young talent. I doubt Irving or Bennett were offered, is there anything else interesting on their roster for our team ? Tristan Thompson ? not as long as Amir is here. Waiters ? is he really an improvement on Derozan ? doubt it. Zeller, Varejo, Jack, bunch of 2nd tier wings none of them help the raps in the long term.
    DD was handed the keys to this franchise from day 1. Gift-wrapped an undeserved starting spot (Bellinelli, being an efficient 3+D guy was a far superior player at the time, as was Weems), and made the #1/#2 option right away.

Give Ross 15 shots a game and he'll be better than DeRozan in no time. He's literally better than him in every way. More athletic, better shooter, better handles, significantly better defense, the list goes on.

It's time to ship out DD for whatever we can get and give Ross a chance to develop into a SG that can actually win us games. Not one that chucks up 16-23 foot jumpers all game and can't score in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      DD was handed the keys to this franchise from day 1. Gift-wrapped an undeserved starting spot (Bellinelli, being an efficient 3+D guy was a far superior player at the time, as was Weems), and made the #1/#2 option right away.

Give Ross 15 shots a game and he'll be better than DeRozan in no time. He's literally better than him in every way. More athletic, better shooter, better handles, significantly better defense, the list goes on.

It's time to ship out DD for whatever we can get and give Ross a chance to develop into a SG that can actually win us games. Not one that chucks up 16-23 foot jumpers all game and can't score in the 4th quarter.

Lol dude, not funny anymore

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post

yeah, except you forget, DD wasn't the one holding Ross back, he couldn't get minutes over Anderson or fields. Even if you ship out DD, how do you know Casey will give his spot to Ross ? He wasn't deserving of back up minutes according to the coach, and now you want to gift wrap him the starting spot which is what you're complaining about regarding Demar. I'm lost.

Comment

Still opposed to the trade Derozan camp... he has been the Raptors best player this pre season and it's not even close. If they are going to trade an over priced wing, make it Gay or Fields. Let DD reach his prime and give him a chance to be a $10M guy.. still All-star potential in my opinion.

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
            Still opposed to the trade Derozan camp... he has been the Raptors best player this pre season and it's not even close. If they are going to trade an over priced wing, make it Gay or Fields. Let DD reach his prime and give him a chance to be a $10M guy.. still All-star potential in my opinion.
            This is exactly what we did with Bargnani. How many all-star games did he attend?

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              Make it happen Masai!
              Faried has terrible defense for a 4. I still prefer Amir and Hansbrough over him.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Faried has terrible defense for a 4. I still prefer Amir and Hansbrough over him.
                Agreed.

Faried is an energy guy. His energy is always in turbo mode. But that's all he is, an energy guy. We already have Amir and Tyler. We dont need another one.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Derozan is a KEEPER.
                  This guy is carving his own niche in the NBA, and he is finding real consistency when abusing smaller guards. He has all the tools to be a great defender, it is really up to him to continue to improve, and all indications early say his trajectory is on mark. 23 years of age, and already maturing into a refined and consistent package. Can the season start yet?
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Very interesting that yesterday report comes out that Faried is available but Nuggets looking for a lot for him and today another report comes out teams are inquiring about DeRozan but Raptors have refused offers.

Coincidental? Most likely. But I do love good speculation.
                    It's not coincidental but it's not linked in the way you think. Zach Lowe addressing both issues in his column simply gives other writers with less clout the opportunity to address rumours.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Totally probably not true! I think there might be a long, storied list of SGs who couldn't hit threes, but were important pieces of perennial contending teams! I'm not going to look into it but I'm going to assume that it happens regularly!
                      Rip Hamilton in DET is a great example. Not much 3pt, or even a great defender - but lethal.
                      DWade and Lance Stephenson in the 2013 ECF

As I mention that Pistons squad - Chauncey (Lowry-ish), Rip (DD-ish), Tayshaun (Rudy?), we need Amir and Jonas to cover the bases of Rasheed and Big Ben.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Two things very positive things about Derozan:

1. His game keeps improving every year.

2. He's practically indestructible.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Two things very positive things about Derozan:

1. His game keeps improving every year.

2. He's practically indestructible.
                          I think #2 is a really good and underrated point. Over the past 3 years, he's missed a grand total of 4 games, and he's got the highest MPG among players that durable.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Agreed.

Faried is an energy guy. His energy is always in turbo mode. But that's all he is, an energy guy. We already have Amir and Tyler. We dont need another one.
                            How dare you DISRESPECT Quincy Acy like that! Quincy Acy reads this blog, and he NEVER forgets!!!
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Agreed.

Faried is better than hansbrough and possibly even Amir. Dude is a beast, put up a near double double in 28 mins a night. He also averages a block and a steal on top of shooting 55% from the field. But trading him for derozan is iffy, unless we get randy foye back

Comment

i think i'd do faried for demar, tho i wouldn't swap picks.

edit: actually i think they'll be just as bad as we are

one team i'd keep an eye on is the cavs. there's rumblings that they're not happy with their SG situation, namely waiters. i like waiters a lot, ESPECIALLY as a sixth man. ive said it once and i'll say it again, you need guys that get to the rim at the end of games if you want to win, and that's what waiters does best.

tho i gotta say demar's been doing pretty well himself especially with his newfound handles
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X