Gortat traded to Wizards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tucas wrote: View Post
    Okafor is out indefinitely. I'm a little surprised for Washington especially since they're dumping everyone except Gortat but they're clearly trying to win now.
    Also this begs the question
    Who is worse, Philli or Suns?
    Phx has Dragic and Bledsoe who are good but they both play the same position
    I think Phoenix has become the worst team in the league!
    Probably. They are in the West too, so they'll lose a few extra games because of schedule.

Comment

So...when do they trade Bledsoe and/or Dragic? Would DJ and the Knicks pick from the Bargs trade work for Bledsoe? I mean, this is ridiculous. How the hell will Phoenix sell tickets this season?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        So...when do they trade Bledsoe and/or Dragic? Would DJ and the Knicks pick from the Bargs trade work for Bledsoe? I mean, this is ridiculous. How the hell will Phoenix sell tickets this season?
        Pretty sure they'll hold onto Bledsoe. Should be a fun team to watch with Bledsoe and Green, despite sucking majorly

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          No reason for them to trade Bledsoe.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            That Okafor guy will have plenty of problems with neck stiffness, believe me. ( he's been rehabbing from herniated disk in his neck. )
            Yeah, didn't realize he had a herniated disk.

Still, what weirds me out most about this deal is that the Wiz gave up a nice big expiring contract and a valuable 1st round pick for a guy who may just be a one year rental (and is on a smaller expiring deal). Gortat will likely have a decent amount of teams chasing him in the summer, and there's really no guarantee the Wiz can hang onto him, assuming it's even a good fit. Still a pretty iffy deal to make for the long-term benefit of the team.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Still, what weirds me out most about this deal is that the Wiz gave up a nice big expiring contract and a valuable 1st round pick for a guy who may just be a one year rental (and is on a smaller expiring deal). Gortat will likely have a decent amount of teams chasing him in the summer, and there's really no guarantee the Wiz can hang onto him, assuming it's even a good fit. Still a pretty iffy deal to make for the long-term benefit of the team.
              It does kind of commit them, a la Brooklyn and Gerald Wallace. They will probably overpay to keep him, or they will give him the 5th year. I don't think he will be a rental for them, but he's going to be 30 soon, so there's risk of it backfiring at some point.

That said, they were too talented to have a top 10 pick this year without some major injuries. So it makes sense to get the final starting piece via trades. A mid/late teens pick for a Gortat level center is cheap.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Wizards doesn't look any long-term benefits. Leonsis ( wiz owner ) said he wants to be in the playoffs this season. And knowing that GM and coach are in the last year of their contracts...

When it comes to Suns, they don't give a fuck about Okafor. They have only $20M+ commited in 14-15, and if they're lucky enough to pick up Wiggins or Parker in 14' draft, then big money can help land another star and bunch of good role players.
                Last edited by rocwell; Sun Oct 27, 2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Wizards doesn't look any long-term benefits. Leonsis ( wiz owner ) said he wants to be in the playoffs this season. And knowing that GM and coach are in the last year of their contracts...

When it comes to Suns, they don't give a fuck about Okafor. They have only $20M+ commited in 14-15, and if they're lucky enough to pick up Wiggins or Parker in 14' draft, then big money can help land another star and bunch of good role players.
                  At this point, it wouldn't shock me to see Phoenix end up with BOTH Wiggins and Parker.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                    They'll both fail and somehow Cleveland will get the first pick
                    Dan Gilbert's son has the whole thing Rigged.
                    They won't even be in the lottery, and he'll show up and just take the #1. Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X