No announcement yet.

Marshall to become available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington is taking a gamble with Gortat - albeit just a 1 year gamble. He originally suffered a season-ending 'Lisfranc sprain' in March (mid-foot torn tendons & possible broken/cracked bones) - that's supposed to take 6-8 weeks to heal - but he was still having pain this summer and had to go for additional treatment in Aug before he could play with his National team in Sept. He seems to be okay in preseason - but foot injuries are the bane of NBA big men - big arthritis risk - can lead to chronic pain in the injured joint. Don't want to see him come down on someone else's foot this year.

Kendall Marshall is a project - he might turn out to be good, but he isn't likely to help anyone this season. No, Marshall is not as good as Augustin - at least not yet
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Detroits gonna suck. Wiz have a chance people are sleeping on Wall and Beal

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        Raptors are going to finish 6th in the East...I still don't see Washington as better than us.
        I disagree.
        Just comparing players IMO
        Wall>Lowry
        Beal> DeRozan
        Ariza Nene=Amir
        Gortat>Valanciunas(currently)

Plus with a bench of Maynor, Porter, Webster, Harrington and even Seraphin, they could be very good this year. The only way I see the Raptors being better is in terms of injuries. Washington has a very injury prone team but a healthy Washington will be better than Toronto this season.

Comment

Also Marshall is pretty bad I'll pass. Great IQ, just doesn't have the skillset to succeed at the NBA level.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            Raptors are going to finish 6th in the East...I still don't see Washington as better than us.
            I totally Agree with you. I don't even see New York finishing better than us. Detroit is a going to surprise people also!

Comment

I could see us around #6, yeah-- but I like the Wiz a lot after this trade. Gortat's weirdly underrated, after being overrated when he was Dwight's backup. But I don't think Cleveland's actually going to be very good (I'm not a big Waiters or Bennett fan so far), and I think the Bucks are going to be just terrible, because who's gonna score on that team? OJ's gonna shoot like 38% if he has to be the #1 option. I think now that Del Negro's fired, Mo Cheeks will inherit the mantle of Worst Coach In The League, but the Pistons will still sneak into the 8th spot on pure talent.

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                Washington is taking a gamble with Gortat - albeit just a 1 year gamble. He originally suffered a season-ending 'Lisfranc sprain' in March (mid-foot torn tendons & possible broken/cracked bones) - that's supposed to take 6-8 weeks to heal - but he was still having pain this summer and had to go for additional treatment in Aug before he could play with his National team in Sept. He seems to be okay in preseason - but foot injuries are the bane of NBA big men - big arthritis risk - can lead to chronic pain in the injured joint. Don't want to see him come down on someone else's foot this year.

Kendall Marshall is a project - he might turn out to be good, but he isn't likely to help anyone this season. No, Marshall is not as good as Augustin - at least not yet
                Washington already has Nene, Booker and Seraphin - a team thats looking to, and expecting to, win now and trades a guaranteed to miss games injury (Okafor) for a possibly injured (Gortat) is not gambling. They are hedging.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                  Washington already has Nene, Booker and Seraphin - a team thats looking to, and expecting to, win now and trades a guaranteed to miss games injury (Okafor) for a possibly injured (Gortat) is not gambling. They are hedging.
                  Actually they are gambling.

Gamble: take risky action in the hope of a desired result.

The risky action here is trading what could potentially be a late (13th or 14th) lottery pick in a perceived deep class (the Wizards have a number of injury prone players, in fact every single starter on their team atm has significant injury history including Beal) for a one year rental of Gortat.

The desired result is an improved frontcourt and team that will make the playoffs.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                    The Wizards have a potential to be good, but a lot of that depends on the health of Wall. He goes down the Wiz go down. I guess they're similar to the raps in that way, either one of us loses our PG and we're toast. The wizards front court is stable enough with the guys you mentioned, but as I said Wall is the key to them making the playoffs
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                    X