Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most memorable or greatest Raptors regular season game you've watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    I know it's not a great game to remember, but I always remember the game against Golden State in the last year Bosh was here. When he missed that last layup that could've basically clinched our playoff spot, and he missed, I almost cried. :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nox9p46teo
    Cheesiest video I could find haha.
    thats so sad
    dont lie you cried your heart out that day lool
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
      it was the home game vs the clips and rudy just got traded over.
      he wasn't expected to play but when he showed up...holy fuckin shit
      i screamed so damn loud honestly
      that game was so amazing we smacked the clips by like 40 points
      rudy had a buzzer beater trey ball at the end of the second
      and his first bucket was a free throw but hes first real bucket was a dunk of a demar lob from half court
      honestly i could write a fuckin book about that game
      and for some reason i had to listen to the clippers announcer
      and i was so cheezed cuz they didnt even care what was going on and how electricfied the building was, they only cared about praising griffin and his ability to shoot free throws
      i was so mad i missed out leo and jacks expressions and the vibes they were sending out
      damn it

leggo rudy gay era!!!
      I Was at that game with with my cousins and we weren't expecting rudy to play but then when we saw him check into the game we were screaming out of excitement and when he hit that 3 at the end of the 3rd ....... Oh My God wow it was one of the best raptors games I Ever attended
      #BringBackUzoh

Comment

October 28, 2009 Home opener vs Cleveland. Raptors beat LeBron James, Shaq & Company 101-91 - I bought floor seats (for my wife's birthday) You would have believed you were at a playoff game - the crowd was that into the game from the tip. (Andrea Bargnani led the team with 28 points - there was hope for him back then)

Playoff games were better - but that was about as good as a regular season game gets - there is something special about Raptors home openers.

I remember talking to Ed Stefanski after he got here - he thought the Dec 26, 2011 home opener vs Cleveland was like a playoff game (poor guy had to watch the Sixers & Nets as an executive prior to coming to Toronto)
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Wizards vs. Raptors,
          March 30th, 2007

Mo Pete takes us into overtime, Michael Ruffin with the assist. I think that was my most memorable game. It made me a die-hard Mo Pete and Raptors fan (I was like 10 years old).

The most disappointing game was against the hawks in 2008 on the 2nd of April. (8th last game of the season)

Near the end of the 4th with 0.5 seconds left the Raptors, coming out of a timeout with the score tied being at 107:107, have the ball on the inbound (on the left side). Sam Mitchell came up with an awesome plan to get an open shot. Carlos Delfino has the ball. With the Hawks playing man-to-man D, the Raptors line-up near the top of the arch facing Carlos. T.J. being near front of the line looses his man by pushing himself through a double screen set by two of guys behind him, that giving him a clear lane to basket. Now it's up to Delfino, even though he was tightly guarded he still managed to toss up a perfect pass to the hoop. T.J. Ford leaps up high and grabs the ball slamming it down within 0.5 seconds, that being enough time to win the game. Raptors win!!! WRONG! officials at the Phillips arena started the clock 0.3 seconds too early, therefore the horn sounded just barely before T.J. managed to slam it home. The on-court officials reviewed it for time seemingly to be hours. Their final verdict: No basket!. Coach Sam was furious and the Raptors loose in overtime due to poor officiating.

(It was kind of a meaningful game for the Raptors because they were in the playoff race (they came in 6th 2 games behind Washington). If the Hawks lost that game and the rest of the season turned out the way it did, then they would have missed the playoffs and let Indiana in instead.)

I don't know why I remember it so much ... I guess I was just really disappointed.

Comment

The most memorable for me isn't even a game we won. It's the game where Vince and Mo Pete slapped each other and Mo Pete got ejected. Then VC drained a 3 from fuckin 30 feet away with .1 seconds left.
            Basically, I broke some shit in my living room when it ended.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Donyell Marshall's 12 3's is also pretty memorable.

Comment

I always remember when we were about to lose our 3-point streak around the 600 mark a few years ago, and as I was lamenting the loss of one of our greatest team achievements (besides being torched for 81), all of a sudden Derrick Martin kept it alive with a 4th quarter buzzer beater when the game was already long lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae8JZ08j0dU (sorry, the only video of it i could find)

Comment

think you could embed it? ... it doesn't work in europe (though I'm not sure it would help)

Comment

sheedw wrote: View Post
                    Has to be Kings game from 2001 that went to 3 OT. Crazy shots, back and forth action. Plus Stojakovic & Divac fans were going HAM that night, so there was a real back & forth vibe in the stands
                    I was at that game! definitely my favourite Raptor game

Comment

You can tell the age of a lot of the posters here - no disrespect! .....But that game against the 72 win Bulls...Maybe the greatest team of all-time.... My gawd, Mighty Mouse took this team on his shoulders. THAT was a game!!!!

Comment

Being at the ACC wayyyyyyy back in '99 to watch Carter dunk over Robinson after a sick crossover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeVx3aFRrNA

Raps won 98-92

Carter crushed 39 pts that game.

Those were happy dizzy times for Raps fans....

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                          You can tell the age of a lot of the posters here - no disrespect! .....But that game against the 72 win Bulls...Maybe the greatest team of all-time.... My gawd, Mighty Mouse took this team on his shoulders. THAT was a game!!!!
                          Watched that one on TV and I have to agree, that was Sweeeeeeet. Only ten teams beat them that year and the Raps were one of them.

Comment

kingquack wrote: View Post
                            I always remember when we were about to lose our 3-point streak around the 600 mark a few years ago, and as I was lamenting the loss of one of our greatest team achievements (besides being torched for 81), all of a sudden Derrick Martin kept it alive with a 4th quarter buzzer beater when the game was already long lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae8JZ08j0dU (sorry, the only video of it i could find)
                            The best thing Derek Martin ever did for the franchise hahaha I remember that

Comment

Craziest thing I ever saw live at a game was sadly a Walter Herrmann alley-oop dunk with the Pistons, or when Noah stuffed Bosh on the game winner in 2008.

Beating the Bulls should be the top game in Raps history. The Legend of Mighty Mouse.

Mo Pete with the OT forcer against the Wizards was insane too.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

This was nuts!

Comment

Working...
                                X