This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This is a great point. We don't want to do anything that would diminish the already sparse FA pool.

One of the craziest drafts ('Free Agency' technically) I've ever seen.
    $128 for Harris!
    $61 for Isaiah Thomas!
    $74 for Henson!

lol

Comment

So Joey, when do we want to unlock the league?

Sooner the better as long as everyone is given notice... posting here and sending email through League should be sufficient.

Comment

Hopefully this draft doesn't make us do anything stupid during the Keeper draft .. :S Hahah

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          So Joey, when do we want to unlock the league?

Sooner the better as long as everyone is given notice... posting here and sending email through League should be sufficient.
          I think 5pm is Perfect. Will send out a note now.

Comment

$128 for Harris!
            $61 for Isaiah Thomas!
            $74 for Henson!

lol

i know lol i was not prepared for that... It was WILD!

I like it the way that it is. A guy is at 0 years remaining on the contract, and you have 2 choices, extend him or let him go. I agree that this keeps the FA pool fresh!

The biggest question will be.. which one of us will be the first to start tanking for wiggins? LOL

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
              The biggest question will be.. which one of us will be the first to start tanking for wiggins? LOL
              HAHAHAH... Wow I haven't really thought of that ... well I really like how we did the Draft, where the pick was assigned to a team, pre-lottery. The bottom team doesn't always win!

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
                i know lol i was not prepared for that... It was WILD!

I like it the way that it is. A guy is at 0 years remaining on the contract, and you have 2 choices, extend him or let him go. I agree that this keeps the FA pool fresh!

But what about the one extension for someone with 1 year remaining?

HAHAHAH... Wow I haven't really thought of that ... well I really like how we did the Draft, where the pick was assigned to a team, pre-lottery. The bottom team doesn't always win!
                I have. What do you think of this: as long as lineups are set, no problem.

Rationale:
                1) if they waive their players, others get opportunity to pick them up and any contract remaining stays on their cap hold until it has expired - remember only 1 amnesty!
                2) if they make trades for picks, more power to the trading parties.
                3) if they tank to get a pick - ie. waive or trade good players - we just saw how shallow the free agent pool can be... although in future years I think there will be more choice as teams roll over contracts with just 2 players able to be extended. Go made with Wiggins but good luck fielding a competitive team.

My .02

Comment

But what about the one extension for someone with 1 year remaining?

I have. What do you think of this: as long as lineups are set, no problem.

Rationale:
                  1) if they waive their players, others get opportunity to pick them up and any contract remaining stays on their cap hold until it has expired - remember only 1 amnesty!
                  2) if they make trades for picks, more power to the trading parties.
                  3) if they tank to get a pick - ie. waive or trade good players - we just saw how shallow the free agent pool can be... although in future years I think there will be more choice as teams roll over contracts with just 2 players able to be extended. Go made with Wiggins but good luck fielding a competitive team.

My .02
                  Ya I pretty much agree. I don't think it'll be too much of a problem.
                  I think we've got committed managers here who realize the impact it would have on their team and their fanbase if they were to tank.

Comment

To be honest, I like it as it is.

Extend 2 under contract with zero years but on your roster with cap space.
                    Extend 1 rookie you drafted.

However, if we wanted to introduce a RFA or extension type system, and majority were in favour, I could get behind that. I would be in favour as long as it was just one extension per year (ie. just one player with 1 year remaining). Free agency is fun as the draft today showed! $97 for Beverly!
                    I think it should stay the way it is. I spent a considerable amount of time strategizing the amount of years I would give each player, so that I wouldn't have too many great players expiring at the same time. The only option I could be convinced of is Mack North's suggestion of only re-upping 2 players, but they could have 0 or 1 year left.
                    Is there any more discussion needed surrounding the amount of player adds and drops that can be done by one team in a season? I would be in favor of limiting that. Not sure if there is a rule in the NBA?
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                      I think it should stay the way it is. I spent a considerable amount of time strategizing the amount of years I would give each player, so that I wouldn't have too many great players expiring at the same time. The only option I could be convinced of is Mack North's suggestion of only re-upping 2 players, but they could have 0 or 1 year left.
                      Is there any more discussion needed surrounding the amount of player adds and drops that can be done by one team in a season? I would be in favor of limiting that. Not sure if there is a rule in the NBA?
                      While I wanted to encourage the discussion to be had, I'm also in favour of leaving this particular rule untouched. If you want to extent them, wait until you can offer them an extension at 0.
                      If you don't have 2 guys you want to extend, then don't. But finding the gems and filling the holes in Free Agency will be one of the best parts of this League.

As for Limiting roster adds, we have the 40 Year Cap, which does limit teams and then from there everything is 1-year deals. I didn't really like it at first, but it kinda shaped the last half of the season.
                      I don't know, what do people think?
                      Last edited by Joey; Sun Oct 27, 2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

While I wanted to encourage the discussion to be had, I'm also in favour of leaving it as is.

As for Limiting roster adds, there is a limit on how many can be made during a week. If you want to limit how many can be made throughout the whole season, that's a whole other thing. I don't know about that. That's half the fun of Fantasy is keeping your eye on the Waiver Wire and FA Pool.
                        True, I just don't like it when people pick up players based on the fact that they have more games that week and then drop them the very next because someone else has more games the next week. I realize these are end of bench guys, but it doesn't seem to replicate the NBA's "waiver wire" and it can be the difference in winning the week. Just my thoughts.
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                          True, I just don't like it when people pick up players based on the fact that they have more games that week and then drop them the very next because someone else has more games the next week. I realize these are end of bench guys, but it doesn't seem to replicate the NBA's "waiver wire" and it can be the difference in winning the week. Just my thoughts.
                          I revised my post actually sorry.

Topic is open for discussion.

Comment

Best starting five and first off bench?

If you were actually coach of your team, who would be your starting five and first big and small off the bench?

PG - Derrick Rose
                            SG - Nicolas Batum
                            SF - Danny Granger
                            PF - Andrei Kirilenko
                            C - Jonas Valanciunas

first big off the bench - Ryan Anderson
                            first guard off the bench - Raymond Felton
                            ― John Wooden

Comment

Nice one Coach.

The MonStars Starting Five:

PG - Chris Paul
                              SG - OJ Mayo
                              SF - Rudy Gay
                              PF - Chris Bosh
                              C - Nikola Pekovic

1st Big - JJ Hickson
                              1st Guard - Brandon Knight

Comment

JOey:

I think waiver should be changed.

Everyone right now should be FA and immediately add/drop.

Anyone who is waived should go through waivers.

I believe that is how it was last year as well.

Your thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X