This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Couldn't help but notice KiR and jbml finished in the last two spots over in the Keeper. shiiiiiiiit!
    Hah! That's awesome. Life is all about balance.

Mack North wrote:
    Can't believe we have to wait til August for anything new to happen in this league. What the heck am I gonna do to occupy my internet time??? I guess I can root for the Raptors to go as far as possible in the playoffs... that's a small consolation I suppose. And by 'small' I mean 'the biggest ever'!
    Off-Season trades are now open I believe, are they not? All contracts role forward 1-year, and you are free to wheel and deal... someone correct me if I got that wrong though... I forget what the final decision was.

So really Mack, you've got a great deal of scouting to do right now. Go out there and find those gems who will be available in Free Agency. The work of a Dynasty Manager is never over!
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• So for trading, I assume our cap space would be: current total - expiring deals + '2' for potential re-signs (cap holds?): since we can't renounce FA rights for the cap space and then sign the player afterall.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Hah! That's awesome. Life is all about balance.

Off-Season trades are now open I believe, are they not? All contracts role forward 1-year, and you are free to wheel and deal... someone correct me if I got that wrong though... I forget what the final decision was.

So really Mack, you've got a great deal of scouting to do right now. Go out there and find those gems who will be available in Free Agency. The work of a Dynasty Manager is never over!
        Bold 1: or back - depending on how you view it! But yeah, trades are open if people choose. Not sure how people will communicate other than RR. I don't know if Yahoo! is operational.

Bold 2: I've been scouting everyone's roster and the unsigned looking for those gems! Can't wait for free agency auction!

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          So for trading, I assume our cap space would be: current total - expiring deals + '2' for potential re-signs (cap holds?): since we can't renounce FA rights for the cap space and then sign the player afterall.
          Yep! And great point on the Cap Holds!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            or back - depending on how you view it! But yeah, trades are open if people choose. Not sure how people will communicate other than RR. I don't know if Yahoo! is operational.
            Touche. And ya, pretty sure Yahoo shuts down for the Off-Season.
            All Final Trades decisions need to be communicated here to the whole league. People can talk however they want (emails should still work through Yahoo I believe).

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I've been scouting everyone's roster and the unsigned looking for those gems! Can't wait for free agency auction!
            Oh ya man, this off-season could actually be a lot of fun still!

Comment

• Is the latest cap sheet on here or on Yahoo? If it's on yahoo, we may want to put it here cause eventually the yahoo site will go for the season.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Is the latest cap sheet on here or on Yahoo? If it's on yahoo, we may want to put it here cause eventually the yahoo site will go for the season.
                Hmmm Treasurer Tucas? Not sure how much has changed from the last one he posted, but never hurts to a fresh Link to it.

Comment

• I would like my spot back next year. Msg me if there is an opening.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    I would like my spot back next year. Msg me if there is an opening.
                    For sure.

Everyone needs to be aware of the dates.

August 1st - draft
                    September 1st - resignings and years

If no one hears from you, and you can be guaranteed there will be efforts to contact you, then you are likely to be bumped. It is nothing personal, just the nature of the dynasty league.

Comment

For sure.

Everyone needs to be aware of the dates.

August 1st - draft
                      September 1st - resignings and years

If no one hears from you, and you can be guaranteed there will be efforts to contact you, then you are likely to be bumped. It is nothing personal, just the nature of the dynasty league.
                      Some other key dates to keep in mind to stay "active" in the off-season:

May 20 -- 2014 NBA Draft Lottery

June 16 -- NBA Draft Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET)

June 26 -- 2014 NBA Draft

June 29: Last day to exercise team, player, and early termination options.

June 30: salary cap year ends. Last day to sign a player to an extension, and last day to extend a qualifying offer to a potential restricted free agent.

July 1: UFA begins

Comment

Some other key dates to keep in mind to stay "active" in the off-season:

May 20 -- 2014 NBA Draft Lottery

June 16 -- NBA Draft Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET)

June 26 -- 2014 NBA Draft

June 29: Last day to exercise team, player, and early termination options.

June 30: salary cap year ends. Last day to sign a player to an extension, and last day to extend a qualifying offer to a potential restricted free agent.

July 1: UFA begins
                        I prefer to keep living in our fantasy world.

Comment

I prefer to keep living in our fantasy world.
                          True, but I can't exactly do my 16 draft names until probably close to August because of all these other items that will affect their value. Same with the re-signs, as player roles will likely be a large determination is these decisions.

Comment

• I just had my work hockey pool as a silent auction. All it did was get me even more excited for next season's draft.

Comment

• First of all, I just want to confirm that we can make off season moves, correct?

That said, I am considering making a move to get a pick in the upcoming draft. Any takers?

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                                First of all, I just want to confirm that we can make off season moves, correct?

That said, I am considering making a move to get a pick in the upcoming draft. Any takers?
                                Indeed. Move away!

Just keep a solid record of it, so when the time comes, we can make the necessary roster moves.

Comment

Working...
                                X