• Show
Clear All

• Tucas going to try and make this a bit easier for you:

Team owner changes*:
    Kadazzle (old) changed to ceez
    ddaylewis (old) changed to DanH
    Joey_Heskethyadadayyadada (Old) changed to Joey
    Matt52 (old) changed to mcHAPPY
    TEAM BALLSWIN (old) changed to James Ballswin (Realizar)

*some are new owners, some are to reflect changed RR handle. Makes things easier and was something we said we'd do.

Trades:

DanH receives Michael Carter-Williams, Alec Burks, Trevor Ariza, Larry Sanders
    mcHAPPY receives Joe Johnson, Darren Collison
    Axel receives Tristan Thompson
    tucas receives Tobias Harris and Luol Deng.

2013 Draft (mark these guys with DPE)**

1. Koncept - Ben McLemore
    3. DanH - Anthony Bennett
    4. ceez - Victor Oladipo
    5. The Coach - No pick received
    6. Mack North - Trey Burke
    7. Keeping it Real - Cody Zeller
    8. JBML - Kelly Olynyk
    11. Joey (belongs to SoftEuro) - No pick received
    12. mcHAPPY - Michael Carter-Williams (no more DPE)
    13. Tucas (belongs to The Coach) - No pick received
    14. WJF - Nerlens Noel
    15. Skywalker (belongs to Koncept) - Otto Porter
    16. drizz - CJ McCollum
    Axel: Dennis Schroeder
    Fully: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

**Draft Pick Extension (DPE)
    All players drafted and eligible for the yearly Draft Pick Extension should be marked with (DPE).
    It will help knowing who is eligible for the DPE when looking at possible trades or free agents.

2014 Draft (mark these guys with DPE):

1. The Coach - Andrew wiggins
    2. koncept - Jabari Parker
    3. ceez - Dante exum
    4. mcHAPPY - Doug McDermott
    5. Mack North - JOel Embiid
    6. Drizz - Marcus Smart
    7. Joey - Elfrid Payton
    8. WJF - Julius Randle
    9. Axel - Noah Vonleh
    10. Mack North - Nik stauskas
    11. jbml - Aaron Gordon
    12. Keeping it Real !! - Zach LaVine
    13. Fully - Cleanthony early
    14. DanH - Tyler ennis
    16. mcHAPPY - Bruno Caboclo

Don't forget everyone:
    September 1st is deadline for resign declarations (players and years).
    My .02 I think this deadline should be FIRM.
    If People don't get their players in, they all go in to free agency pool (auction).
    If people don't get their years in but rather just the players, then they are all assumed 1 year signings.

Probably should be some discussion on that but it seems cut and dry to me. There has to be a deadline. If you post you can always make changes up to September 1st.

Post your resigns in this thread. I'll update/edit one post to reflect everyone's as posted - remember you can always make changes just make sure it is posted in a new post rather editing the old one. Having it in one place will make it much easier for tucas updating cap sheets.

Feel free to discuss anything in here.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Aug 5, 2014, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Don't forget everyone:
      September 1st is deadline for resign declarations (players and years).
      My .02 I think this deadline should be FIRM.
      If People don't get their players in, they all go in to free agency pool (auction).
      If people don't get their years in but rather just the players, then they are all assumed 1 year signings.

Probably should be some discussion on that but it seems cut and dry to me. There has to be a deadline. If you post you can always make changes up to September 1st.

Post your resigns in this thread. I'll update/edit one post to reflect everyone's as posted - remember you can always make changes just make sure it is posted in a new post rather editing the old one. Having it in one place will make it much easier for tucas updating cap sheets.

Feel free to discuss anything in here.
      You can make changes up until the 1st? Only reason I was waiting because I didn't want to assign years for someone and then see some sort of significant injury or something to make it a mistake.

If that is the case then I will glad post them now, but I kinda assumed that once something was set, it was set.

If there is the possibility of change, does it even make it easier for Tucas to manage if we post earlier?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        You can make changes up until the 1st? Only reason I was waiting because I didn't want to assign years for someone and then see some sort of significant injury or something to make it a mistake.

If that is the case then I will glad post them now, but I kinda assumed that once something was set, it was set.

If there is the possibility of change, does it even make it easier for Tucas to manage if we post earlier?
        I'm not sure what tucas wishes to do but he could probably update sheets with owner name changes, draft picks, DPE, and 2 trades now and do another update after September 1st.

As for the keeping things straight, I was going to make a post and maintain it similar to what I did with the draft pick order and preferences. After September 1st it will be one post tucas needs to look at to fix up the cap sheets.

So yes, if you wish to post, go for it but nothing is set in stone until September 1st.

Comment

• Sounds good to me.

Then Team Axel is calling a Press Conference.

We are pleased to announce that Noah Vonleh will join the team on a 1 year deal with the team option for extension under the DPE. We feel that Vonleh is the best big prospect that will contribute both this year and down the road. We hope that Vonleh's effort on D and rebounding will allow him to soak up many of the 30 mpg that the departed Josh McRoberts played for Charlotte.

Team Axel is also pleased to announce that Chandler Parsons has resigned for 5 years, which coincides nicely to his move to Dallas and larger role.

Finally, Team Axel is pleased to resign Tim Hardaway Jr for 3 years. The SG played very well for the Knicks last season and will hopefully fill a larger role this season and beyond.

With these moves pending CBA approval, and becoming official on Sept 1, all other expiring players are released to the auction pool.

We thank you all for coming and questions will be handled at a later date.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Off-Season Free Agency Tracker

Remember you are eligible to resign 2 of your own players/free agents when they have 0 years left.
            You can resign 1 Draft Pick Extension per year (i.e. you drafted or traded for a player drafted) with 0 years left.

Deadline is September 1st. Post players retained and years in thread. No posting means players go in free agent auction. No posting of years means 1 year contracts for all. mcHAPPY will keep track via this post.

Resigns follow with years in parenthesis:

Axel
            1. Chandler Parsons (5)
            2. Tim Hardaway Jr. (3)
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Noah Vonleh (1)

ceez
            DPE. Victor Oladipo
            2014 pick: Dante Exum

DanH
            1. Darren Collison (traded to mcHAPPY)
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Tyler Ennis

Drizz
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Marcus Smart

Fully
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Cleanthony Early

James Ballswin
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: None received

JBML
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Aaron Gordon

Joey
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Elfrid Payton

Keeping It Real
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Zach LaVine

Koncept
            DPE. None.
            2014 pick: Jabari Parker

Mack North
            DPE. None
            2014 pick:Joel Embiid & Nik Stauskas

mcHAPPY
            1. Josh McRoberts
            2. Isaiah Thomas
            DPE. Michael Carter-Williams (traded to DanH)
            2014 picks: Doug McDermott & Bruno Caboclo

skywalker
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: None

The Coach
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Andrew Wiggins

Tucas
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: None

WJF
            DPE. None
            2014 pick: Julius Randle
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Aug 4, 2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Isn't only one rookie eligible under the DPE? Therefore Matt and Mack North have to choose one of the draftees to DPE and assign years to the other?

Comment

• Ah, just reread your post and saw it there. Just got confused when I saw multiple rookies listed under the 2014 DPE.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Ah, just reread your post and saw it there. Just got confused when I saw multiple rookies listed under the 2014 DPE.
                  The DPE is for when contracts expire.

You don't need to assign it, it is automatic when you draft a player or trade for a player who was drafted.

So for myself, I have 2 rookies this year that I drafted, I am going to stagger their years so they don't expire at the same time say 1 year for Bruno and 5 years for McBuckets (making up numbers here). However I will be able to use the DPE on both of them.

Key thing is you can only resign one player drafted per year and it only matters when contracts expire.

Comment

• Okay. I didn't realize that when I had two picks. Good clarification to know.

Comment

• I had the cap sheet link saved and now it comes up as "Deleted or Moved" Is there a new link?
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        I had the cap sheet link saved and now it comes up as "Deleted or Moved" Is there a new link?
                        Indeed. Sorry, a bit of housecleaning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6uv9afx61...0Capsheets.pdf

This link shouldn't change from now on. It will be updated in the main post.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Indeed. Sorry, a bit of housecleaning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6uv9afx61...0Capsheets.pdf

This link shouldn't change from now on. It will be updated in the main post.
                          Thanks!

So to be clear, I signed Noel as a rookie to 3 years (2 remaining), once he is at zero (0) I can re-sign him and two other players that are also at zero (0) years correct?
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Thanks!

So to be clear, I signed Noel as a rookie to 3 years (2 remaining), once he is at zero (0) I can re-sign him and two other players that are also at zero (0) years correct?
                            Yes

Comment

Thanks!

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Yes
                              But be careful with future draft picks.

If you have two players you drafted with zero (0) years at the same time, you have to pick one for your DPE. If you wish to keep the other you must use 1 of your 2 free agent resigns.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                But be careful with future draft picks.

If you have two players you drafted with zero (0) years at the same time, you have to pick one for your DPE. If you wish to keep the other you must use 1 of your 2 free agent resigns.
                                Now I'm more confused. So you can resign under the DPE after any length of time and it doesn't have to be your most recent draft pick? I thought the DPE was just for the previous year's draft pick; so each off-season you had your 2 resigns plus the previous year's rookie extension. But in reality, you could have several rookies with DPE options available on your roster, coming up in various years. So since I sign Schroeder to a 3 year rookie deal, I still hold DPE rights when that expires, to be worked around any other rookie deals expiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X