X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never really understood all the thad young love here
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Forget about Young, I'd rather go for Kenneth "The Manimal" Faried. Looks like the new Nuggets' coach likes JJ Hickson and even Anthony Randolph at starting lineup more than Manimal (yes, he was injuried, but Hickson started at preseason games when Faried was healthy too). I'd say, Denver is another team which going to begin tanking sooner or later this season, so Masai should try to bring his former fellow to Toronto Your thoughts?
      Last edited by japetas; Mon Oct 28, 2013, 05:57 PM.
      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
        Forget about Young, I'd rather go for Kenneth "The Manimal" Faried. Looks like the new Nuggets' coach likes JJ Hickson and even Anthony Randolph at starting lineup more than Manimal (yes, he was injuried, but Hickson started at preseason games when Faried was healthy too). I'd say, Denver is another team which going to begin tanking sooner or later this season, so Masai should try to bring his former fellow to Toronto Your thoughts?
        I'm a big Faried fan. And I've read the rumblings in Denver.

I think it's been discussed in another thread, but what would the cost of getting Faried be? It's not an easy deal to work out because his salary is so small and his value so high. I'm not optimistic that a deal would be workable. We'll see.

Comment

Young is a great player when you already have your star/franchise talent. He is a great role player that contributes to winning in my opinion. If you are expecting him to lead the team or carry a heavy load you will be disappointed.... Kind of like a lot of Raptors over last few seasons.

Comment

I honestly don't understand the Faried interest. He rebounds, runs the floor and plays with energy. Those aren't areas where this team is lacking and don't we want players who can defend their position? (Something Faried can't).
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
              Where exactly did you read about phili wanting to dump him? Last I read, Phili's trying to make Hawes, Thad and Turner their core...
              That's not their core at all, they're probably going to lose all of those players soon. Their core is Carter-Williams, Noel and whoever they get in this draft with their pick and the Pelicans pick.

Comment

Well it's not like my statement has no basis:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1367/thaddeus-young

Comment

I believe the Sixers coach also said that they only have 6 NBA players. Things are going to get ugly in Philly and while I hope Thad does go to a better situation I can't see it being the Raptors. I'd say he'd be better than Psycho T off the bench but taking on the added salary wouldn't be something MU would do.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
                    No interest really unless either Amir or Hansbrough were being sent out as part of a larger package (say with Lowry). Faried is a nice player, but I don't see him as an upgrade on our top 3 bigs. IF Amir and Lowry were sent out for a picks/prospects package, then if you can acquire Faried to fill Amir's role, then that is worth considering, but otherwise, just redundant.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If anyone knows anything about Faried it's Ujiri. But I believe the NUggets would want a king's ransom for him. He has a great motor but no jump shot at all from what I know. We have 2 motor PFs in Amir & Tyler H. so I dont know that we are deficient in the qualities he offers. TYoung is too much of a tweener for me. He is a good character guy but is he a core type player on a good playoff team? I dont know...it all depends on what happens to the Raps this year...cant view any (most) single player/acquisition in a vacuum but rather the larger plan & vision MU has...and no one really knows that.

Comment

Working...
                      X