No announcement yet.

Free pizza only if Raptors Win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank god no more Pizza chants when we are actually losing the fuckin game. Excuse my French.

Comment

Somehow I don't think they will stop right away.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
        Somehow I don't think they will stop right away.
        Yeah, 18 years of habit won't disappear overnight....

Unless our friend, Herbie Kuhn, makes a concerted effort to announce the new rule towards the end of the game.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Yeah, 18 years of habit won't disappear overnight....

Unless our friend, Herbie Kuhn, makes a concerted effort to announce the new rule towards the end of the game.
          I was hoping they'd let "Stripes" be the bad dinosaur, by showing him in a 'watch and learn' feature on the jumbotron during a tv timeout halfway through the 4th quarter!

Comment

Man fuck Pizza Pizza, first it was 100 points and you got your slice on the way home, then it was a 100 and you had to remember to take your ticket with you the next day to get your shitty 2 dollar slice of pizza, now they won't give it to us unless they win?
            FUCK PIZZA PIZZA

Dairy Queen needs to sponsor this shit so I actually get something worthwhile than gutter pizza when they pull off the feat.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              Man fuck Pizza Pizza, first it was 100 points and you got your slice on the way home, then it was a 100 and you had to remember to take your ticket with you the next day to get your shitty 2 dollar slice of pizza, now they won't give it to us unless they win?
              FUCK PIZZA PIZZA

Dairy Queen needs to sponsor this shit so I actually get something worthwhile than gutter pizza when they pull off the feat.
              Don't forget the "at participating locations" disclaimer....meaning if you travel 10 minutes outside the downtown core, you weren't getting pizza anyway

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                FUCK PIZZA PIZZA

Free food is free food in my eyes
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Don't forget the "at participating locations" disclaimer....meaning if you travel 10 minutes outside the downtown core, you weren't getting pizza anyway
                  I remember taking my tickets in to a Pizza Pizza the next day, about an hour out of TO, but still in the GTA. The guy probably didn't even know who the Raptors were, let alone I was entitled to a free slice. He just looked at me like I was an idiot.

I still don't like the 100 points, even in a win. You will still have the dumb-asses that boo when Toronto wins with 98 or 99 points and dribbles out the clock. It should be something so fans can't boo in a win or cheer in a loss.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                    I still don't like the 100 points, even in a win. You will still have the dumb-asses that boo when Toronto wins with 98 or 99 points and dribbles out the clock. It should be something so fans can't boo in a win or cheer in a loss.
                    Exactly - the "win the game" caveat won't change this at all, which was the real problem. The decent thing to do in terms of respecting your opponent is to dribble out the clock when the game is in hand. Now that pisses off the fans if 100 is within reach, and even though the Raps are about to win a game they get nothing but boos at the final buzzer. It's a terrible promotional idea. Come up with something completely different - like base it on a 1/2 court fan shot during 1/2 time, or on Stripes/the Raptor landing a stunt or some other fan-friendly "entertainment" aspect of the experience, rather than tying it to production on the court which should be about many things, fans getting a slice of pizza least of all.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

How about free pizza if the Raptors hold the opponents to under 40% from the field (again, must be in a win).

The stat won't be revealed until the final buzzer, therefore no inappropriate booing or cheering.

And this way, maybe the casual fan starts to appreciate a good team defensive effort too....

Comment

I don't know what the promotion costs Pizza Pizza and/or MLSE in money.. but last year if they just took all Home Wins where the Raptors had at least 100 points then that only totaled 10 games.

A better promotion would be to only give out free pizza if the Raptors hold the opposing team to under 100 points and they win. Last year there were 19 occurrences of that. Would Pizza Pizza/MLSE be willing to give out 9 more slices of pizza per fan?

Comment

How about free pizza if the Raptors hold the opponents to under 40% from the field (again, must be in a win).

The stat won't be revealed until the final buzzer, therefore no inappropriate booing or cheering.

And this way, maybe the casual fan starts to appreciate a good team defensive effort too....
                          If it was something like that. Then every fan should get a free whole pizza because i seriously doubt the raptors will hold opponents under 40% very often.

Comment

Working...
                          X