Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1: Boston Celtics 87 - Toronto Raptors 93 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stats to be proud of Toronto had 48 rebounds to Bostons 33 and had 44 points in the paint. We actually rebound now.... #PostBargnaniLife

Comment

• Thanks Kris

“It’s the kind of game we have to figure out a way to win. I know it’s the first game of the year, but I feel a little disappointed.”
      Humphries had the competition in mind when he said that.
      “A team like that is always going to let you back in the game,” he said. “Everyone has seen the Raptors play the last few years. They have a lot of talent, but we can always get back in that game. This was about finishing it off.”

Didn't he hear Masai's speech about culture change?! Don't they know we have Drake?

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celti...c_s_start_slow

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        “It’s the kind of game we have to figure out a way to win. I know it’s the first game of the year, but I feel a little disappointed.”
        Humphries had the competition in mind when he said that.
        “A team like that is always going to let you back in the game,” he said. “Everyone has seen the Raptors play the last few years. They have a lot of talent, but we can always get back in that game. This was about finishing it off.”

Didn't he hear Masai's speech about culture change?! Don't they know we have Drake?

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celti...c_s_start_slow
        That about sums it up. Thanks for the honesty, Hump.... seriously.

Comment

• NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Kris Humphries, voice of reason. Kill me now.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I thought Rudy played pretty well on offense actually. His shots were mostly from the elbow, and not the long 2's everyone talks about. I can live with those shots, but DD was taking long 2's all night, it seemed. DD needs to drive to the basket every time he gets the ball in a position to score and if he can't drive then drive and kick.

The thing that frustrates me the most about yesterdays game and I realize it's only the first game, but I didn't see any plays run that did anything other than free up Gay or DeMar to go into an iso. Where are the sets for DeMar to come off a screen for a mid range jumper or any plays for that matter? You have to incorporate more than DD and Gay into the offense and it can't always be iso's because despite what they say, the cannot "score at will".

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                I thought Rudy played pretty well on offense actually. His shots were mostly from the elbow, and not the long 2's everyone talks about. I can live with those shots, but DD was taking long 2's all night, it seemed. DD needs to drive to the basket every time he gets the ball in a position to score and if he can't drive then drive and kick.

The thing that frustrates me the most about yesterdays game and I realize it's only the first game, but I didn't see any plays run that did anything other than free up Gay or DeMar to go into an iso. Where are the sets for DeMar to come off a screen for a mid range jumper or any plays for that matter? You have to incorporate more than DD and Gay into the offense and it can't always be iso's because despite what they say, the cannot "score at will".
                I didn't feel like that. I feel like he took a fair amount of bad shots, he just hit enough of them. He took many shots that I don't really want him to.

Nice to have some kind of shot chart while they've still only played one game (9/18 were longer 2s):
                http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...de=performance

DeMar actually took less bad shots (6/19 were longer 2s), he just couldn't sink anything:
                http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...layerID=201942

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I didn't feel like that. I feel like he took a fair amount of bad shots, he just hit enough of them. He took many shots that I don't really want him to.

Nice to have some kind of shot chart while they've still only played one game (9/18 were longer 2s):
                  http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...de=performance

DeMar actually took less bad shots (6/19 were longer 2s), he just couldn't sink anything:
                  http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...layerID=201942
                  He made .500 of them? His making a good clip of them why wouldn't he continue
                  ? How come ppl never complained about Bosh taking those shots?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    He made .500 of them? His making a good clip of them why wouldn't he continue
                    ? How come ppl never complained about Bosh taking those shots?
                    Not made, took. 9 of 18 shots were longer twos, of which he only hit 3. 33% is pretty bad. And as many would point out, if you're going to take long shots and shot in the low 30s, you may as well step out further and shoot from 3pt distance, even at a slightly lower %.

*Also Bosh tends to take them when he's open. Gay shot a lot of his with a defender right in his face.

Comment

• People need to stop putting the poor game on Raptors and give more credit to Brad Stevens. He saw how DD destroyed his SG in the post when they played in Preseason so he decided to start two small Forwards. Not just any two small forward. Ones that are known for their defense. For once DD was over match physically at his position. Which negated his post games. I also feel that he didn't get his share of calls.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Not made, took. 9 of 18 shots were longer twos, of which he only hit 3. 33% is pretty bad. And as many would point out, if you're going to take long shots and shot in the low 30s, you may as well step out further and shoot from 3pt distance, even at a slightly lower %.

*Also Bosh tends to take them when he's open. Gay shot a lot of his with a defender right in his face.
                        Maybe in Miami he takes open ones but in Toronto he took his fair share of contested midrange shots.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

People need to stop putting the poor game on Raptors and give more credit to Brad Stevens. He saw how DD destroyed his SG in the post when they played in Preseason so he decided to start two small Forwards. Not just any two small forward. Ones that are known for their defense. For once DD was over match physically at his position. Which negated his post games. I also feel that he didn't get his share of calls.
                          Very true. And this Celtics team will clearly have a focus on perimeter D with Wallace, Green and Bradley likely to play heavy minutes. Which again just irks me because Casey didn't design the game to really attack them inside. I don't care about calling plays for Jonas. Call plays for anybody to attack the basket. If it wasn't for offensive boards and Fields' cuts to the basket, we'd have had very little happening down there.

Comment

Maybe in Miami he takes open ones but in Toronto he took his fair share of contested midrange shots.
                            Not really. Bosh was so quick that his defender would almost always give him enough space to shoot. THe problem is he had that stupid tendency to pump-fake 46 times before shooting...which was also a tell (like in poker). You knew once Bosh pump-faked more than once that there was like a 95% chance that he'd settle for the jumper so the defender could close in a bit.

Comment

People need to stop putting the poor game on Raptors and give more credit to Brad Stevens. He saw how DD destroyed his SG in the post when they played in Preseason so he decided to start two small Forwards. Not just any two small forward. Ones that are known for their defense. For once DD was over match physically at his position. Which negated his post games. I also feel that he didn't get his share of calls.
                              Getting over-matched, out-coached, and out-played by supposed inferior talent are exactly the issues so many are frustrated with.

It was just the first regular season game of 2013-14 but that game is very similar to many others in each of the last few seasons.

If Masai Ujiri is serious about wins and losses not mattering but chemistry and development being what he is looking for, I give last night a giant fail.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Getting over-matched, out-coached, and out-played by supposed inferior talent are exactly the issues so many are frustrated with.

It was just the first regular season game of 2013-14 but that game is very similar to many others in each of the last few seasons.

If Masai Ujiri is serious about wins and losses not mattering but chemistry and development being what he is looking for, I give last night a giant fail.
                                I don't believe all that lip service. 1 week from ppl are going to remember is that this was a "W" not more nothing less. They could like this the next 45 days but as long as they win everything else won't matter.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X