Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1: Boston Celtics 87 - Toronto Raptors 93 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I don't believe all that lip service. 1 week from ppl are going to remember is that this was a "W" not more nothing less. They could like this the next 45 days but as long as they win everything else won't matter.
    Time will tell.

Last night gave every reason why to blow up this team.

For the players who want to stay and the fans who believe there is more to the team, I hope they put in much better showing moving forward.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I didn't feel like that. I feel like he took a fair amount of bad shots, he just hit enough of them. He took many shots that I don't really want him to.

Nice to have some kind of shot chart while they've still only played one game (9/18 were longer 2s):
      http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...de=performance

DeMar actually took less bad shots (6/19 were longer 2s), he just couldn't sink anything:
      http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...layerID=201942
      Yes, definitely some bad contested shots, but for the most part he looked under control when taking those shots. I thought he did a pretty good job. Thanks for the chart though. I didn't realize that he took so many shots from the long 2 range. I stand corrected.

Comment

• One game, man. Opening night at home. I wonder if they're talking of blowing it up in Miami, LA (Clips), and Portland?

Comment

• yeah I think we're all guilty of blowing things out of proportion. It's one game against a team looking to tank. You can make an arguement for the Raptors playing down to their competition. Let's give it a few weeks and competition against better teams before we start calling for peoples heads.

Comment

• @WolstatSun: Lowry isn't worried about ball sticking. Said Boston defended aggressively, made it tough to move ball around. Were tipping/intercepting
            Lip service? pehaps not pre season the ball moved around a lot.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
              One game, man. Opening night at home. I wonder if they're talking of blowing it up in Miami, LA (Clips), and Portland?
              Exactly.... which I've said in a number of posts.

The concern for me is the same issues that have dogged the team for years reared their ugly heads.

I'm sure when they put it together there will the same extreme sentiments about how Leiweke should be planning the Raptors parade route.

Comment

• I think my thing is i just don't see a difference in this years team from last years. At all.

Same ol' taking a lot of long 2's and not working the ball inside out. There was some better ball movement on the perimeter and Demar AND Rudy hit a 3 but other than that...
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• It's not enough to just win anymore, it has to be done in spectacular fashion.
                  "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                  - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                    It's not enough to just win anymore, it has to be done in spectacular fashion.
                    imagine if they lost what this forum would look like lol.

Comment

Yup. And the people that were expecting them to beat the C's in spectacular fashion are the same people that thinks this team is not good enough and should blow the team up. Hilarious.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well, whether the leak about 45 days is accurate or not, I think we can all agree that Ujiri would want to see something you would call a 'sustainable playoff team' level of play in order not to start changing pieces. Last night they did not look like that, regardless of the win.

Now, it was just the first game. And if it doesn't continue, we can all just say it meant nothing. But if it does continue then we can all point to it as the beginning of the trend.

*FWIW, I've been in the 'wait-and-see' camp since going into last season. That's a big reason I was so against the Gay trade Colangelo pulled. I'd be happy either way if they decide to shoot for the playoffs or the top of the draft, as long as it seems like the right decision at the time, which I didn't think was in the summer, and trust Ujiri to figure it out during the season. (My gut says if he starts making changes, he will start by early January at the latest.)
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Oct 31, 2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Not spectacular... at least not for me.

But if we're looking for a team that can show sustainable success, last nights didn't show it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Not spectacular... at least not for me.

But if we're looking for a team that can show sustainable success, last nights didn't show it.
                            What do you think of the Heat losing to the Sixers last night?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              I get your point that it's just 1 game. But the Heat have 2 championships to remind themselves how they're capable of playing. The Raptors on the other hand....

....have a new mascot :|

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                LOL

Really? Seriously?

The team who is two time defending champion and the night before convincingly beat one of the top teams in the East?

Every team can win on any given day.

I'm not saying that is all the Raptors are and can be. I'm saying last night showed absolutely zero growth when the games matter for our BIG 3 (Lowry, Gay, DD) and coaching.

But the comparison to Philly is interesting considering the relative value and expiring contracts they have in addition to starting a rebuild with a rookie PG, rookie C (albeit injured), and 2 likely lotto picks in a stacked draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X