Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1: Boston Celtics 87 - Toronto Raptors 93 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea this win doesn't feel good at all. The competition only gets harder. If we play like this on Friday it's a loss.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• A few thoughts:

Rudy: Just a sloppy goddamn game all around. Lots of bad shots, five turnovers, what the hell. He's still a volume chucker.

DeMar: I think his statline for this game is a little misleading because in the first half DeMar was mostly doing what he should be doing: cutting in, driving and trying to draw fouls. And it wasn't working because now it's the regular season and DeMar's not getting calls, so he reverted to Bad DeMar and started making those long twos. Also had five turnovers, which is not good. Had some really sweet assists and setup moments, though.

Kyle: Didn't shoot well, but he was directing traffic well enough to make up for that. Seemed a little tentative - maybe the finger injury is part of that?

Amir: Fantastic game from Amir. The usual crazy level of hustle, he made his shots really efficiently (six of eight!), he got his swag summer three and he was active on the glass even if he didn't collect a lot of boards.

Psycho T: The reason Amir didn't get a lot of boards is because Hansbrough was getting all of them. But he was clearly a little shaken up by his "I will draw all the fouls" game not working. WELCOME TO TORONTO, TYLER.

Jonas: Very solid game. JoVal is still making some stupid fouls and is still a bit sloppy defensively, but he's also very smooth on offense and deserves more touches than simply cleaning up Rudy and DeMar's bricks.

Landry: Fun fact: Landry's FG% is better than Rudy's, Kyle's or DeMar's right now! Usual good second-line stuff we were hoping for from him.

Novak: Came in, sank a three, that was basically it.

TRoss: Was shooting smartly but his play was sloppy.

Augustin: He's so bad, you guys.

Comment

• Bench played well. Augustin was a pleasant surprise

Comment

• Derozan for Monroe anyone? :P

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk
          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Bench played well. Augustin was a pleasant surprise
            Augustin was meh. He didn't really do anything outstanding. He hit a couple of shots but also missed some gimmies. I would have preferred Stone as the backup. It's DJ's to lose though.

As for the bench.. it was all Tyler and Landry. I think that duo are going to surprise a lot. Both have flaws but they play smart and are productive when on the floor.

Comment

• Wow Raptors made a headline on ESPN.....for ruining Brad Stevens coaching debut...

Comment

• CANADA UPDATE

Cleveland beats Brooklyn. Tristan Thompson: 8 for 13, 18 points, nine boards and a block. Anthony Bennett went 0-for-5 with five rebounds in about fifteen minutes of burn but did manage to record the highest plus-minus on the Cavs (+10).

Orlando currently losing to Minnesota, but Andrew Nicholson is having a good game so far: 6-for-12 and seven boards.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Augustin was meh. He didn't really do anything outstanding. He hit a couple of shots but also missed some gimmies. I would have preferred Stone as the backup. It's DJ's to lose though.

As for the bench.. it was all Tyler and Landry. I think that duo are going to surprise a lot. Both have flaws but they play smart and are productive when on the floor.
                  Well he's no Calderon, but I thought he played solid. All you can ask for from your back up. I don't have much faith in either Stone or Buycks to run the offense, but hopefully they get acclimated soon.

Comment

• This team shows tonnes of Tank proimise.... they gotta get rid of KL and GAY asap.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Why does this game feel like a loss?

I know game 1 but very disheartening against a team like Boston on opening night with such a commanding lead
                      Bright spot is that. We would of lose this game last year.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Bright spot is that. We would of lose this game last year.
                        My bright spot is MU was in the tunnel and TL was sideline to see first hand.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          CANADA UPDATE

Cleveland beats Brooklyn. Tristan Thompson: 8 for 13, 18 points, nine boards and a block. Anthony Bennett went 0-for-5 with five rebounds in about fifteen minutes of burn but did manage to record the highest plus-minus on the Cavs (+10).
                          Bennett has had some health issues - asthma and sleep apnea. With all the 1st pick hoopla, little time to concentrate on getting better.

Comment

• So DeMAr and Rudy had a pretty meh game.... DeMar tends to fade in the opener games Its like someone pressed the reset button on him.

I thought this game was going to be a blowout win for us but instead it was a struggle o well ladies and gents a W is a W and LAC lost to LAL last night so anything can happen. lol

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              I thought this game was going to be a blowout win for us but instead it was a struggle o well ladies and gents a W is a W and LAC lost to LAL last night so anything can happen. lol
                              Anything! PHILLY defeated Miami 114-110

Comment

• Brad Stevens is going to be a very good coach
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X