Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1: Boston Celtics 87 - Toronto Raptors 93 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if it counts for anything a Raptor game with that many mistakes as they did last night with key player no shows would have resulted in an embarrassing blow out loss to a team we should of beat. Instead they won.

Comment

• The problem with the Raps last night was they got non chalant when they were up by 16 early 3rd. Probably thinks its going to be an easy win. That allowed the Celtics to come back. But come 4th quarter the Raps showed that they're the better team.

What exactly were you expecting to see last night anyway? A 20 point win??

So many classic overreaction here. Its only ONE game people. And oh they won!
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Time will tell.

Last night gave every reason why to blow up this team.

For the players who want to stay and the fans who believe there is more to the team, I hope they put in much better showing moving forward.
        bold - Do you really?? I'm playing.....You don't have to answer.....We know where you stand. If the Raptors play really well moving forward, you can kiss your wish to blow up this team goodbye! LOL

It's just one game....at least they won it unlike last year. You can certainly see the difference of having Andrea Bargnani vs Tyler Hansborough! I love it!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          The problem with the Raps last night was they got non chalant when they were up by 16 early 3rd. Probably thinks its going to be an easy win. That allowed the Celtics to come back. But come 4th quarter the Raps showed that they're the better team.

Let's just say it wasn't a "convincing" win. It felt like the Celtics did more to lose, than the Raptors did to win.

Regardless, I'm sure we'll all expecting a much better effort on Friday/Saturday.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            bold - Do you really?? I'm playing.....You don't have to answer.....We know where you stand. If the Raptors play really well moving forward, you can kiss your wish to blow up this team goodbye! LOL

It's just one game....at least they won it unlike last year. You can certainly see the difference of having Andrea Bargnani vs Tyler Hansborough! I love it!
            that's a pretty unfair accusation lol. They had every reason to play well last night, drake and fireworks and shit; if you use your eyes you'll see the talent isn't there.

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
              that's a pretty unfair accusation lol. They had every reason to play well last night, drake and fireworks and shit; if you use your eyes you'll see the talent isn't there.
              If you use your brain you'll know that you can't take much from ONE game! Nice try though.......I'm joking...lol

I think it was a very fair accusation. I wonder if pro-tankers actually want this team as is to win..... If so, why do they keep wishing for this team to be blown to bits? How can you blow up a team that is playing really well?? Hmmmmm. Can you still be considered a true fan if your cheering for your team to lose?
              Last edited by special1; Thu Oct 31, 2013, 04:08 PM.

Comment

The problem with the Raps last night was they got non chalant when they were up by 16 early 3rd. Probably thinks its going to be an easy win. That allowed the Celtics to come back. But come 4th quarter the Raps showed that they're the better team.

Yes. They should have won by 20. If they aspire to be a good team they must run teams out of the building when they get up by double digits.

Comment

The concern for me, regardless of the outcome, is how eerily similar this team (and its core players) looked to last year's team. After all the talk and hype about growth and an entirely new approach, not to mention a preseason that pleasantly surprised me, the offense looked pathetic last night. Had Toronto been playing against a veteran team known for their defensive prowess, I could deal with it. However, Boston is one of the worst teams in the league and they caused the Raptor offense to look absolutely lost out there.

DeRozan and Gay were both reduced to being inefficient volume scorers (combined 32 points on 14/37 shooting, with 10 turnovers).

Amir took 3 3pt shots, was in foul trouble all game (only 24 min), and got outplayed by his backup.

Lowry was a terrible facilitator (yes I know he had 8 assists, but stats don't tell the whole story) and inefficient scorer (11 points on 2/8 shooting, including a dreadful 7/12 from the line).

The entire lineup was out of synch, lazy with their entry passes, didn't even try to establish a low-post game with their Cs/PFs, and committed 17 turnovers.

The first game of the season after a solid preseason designed to change the team's approach and culture, at home, against a weak opponent in a must-win game, and the Raptors were lucky to escape with a win. The result speaks more to Boston's futility than it does to anything positive that can be taken away from the Raptors' perspective (aside from Hansborough & Fields).

My very first post-game post stated that I hoped it was 1st night jitters, but the complete reversion to last year's iso-heavy, high-school quality offense, was unexpectedly bad. I also want to be clear that I don't put this entirely on the players; DC needs to shoulder a lot of the blame. I am happy for the win and hope this is a wakeup call, to remind the team that there are no easy wins and that they have to rededicate themselves to the fundamentals each and every time they take the court. However, it is worrisome that such a wakeup call is needed after only one game, which speaks to the character and leadership of this team's core players.
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Oct 31, 2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

If you use your brain you'll know that you can't take much from ONE game! Nice try though.......NOT lol
                    yeah it is one game.
                    Last edited by akashsingh; Thu Oct 31, 2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                      If you use your brain you'll know that you can't take much from ONE game! Nice try though.......I'm joking...lol

I think it was a very fair accusation. I wonder if pro-tankers actually want this team as is to win..... If so, why do they keep wishing for this team to be blown to bits? How can you blow up a team that is playing really well?? Hmmmmm. Can you still be considered a true fan if your cheering for your team to lose?
                      akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      Fuck you. Old MLSE loved idiots like you. But yeah it is one game.
                      Enough with the disrespectful, juvenile, personal attacks. You disagree, fine. Get over it and get over yourselves. Don't make me get Stripes to send you both to your rooms without dinner.

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                        It's not enough to just win anymore, it has to be done in spectacular fashion.
                        blame analytics :P

also, are they actually calling corner 3s the 'analytical 3' now?

Comment

• I didn't see your second edit. Toned down my post accordingly.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Enough with the disrespectful, juvenile, personal attacks. You disagree, fine. Get over it and get over yourselves. Don't make me get Stripes to send you both to your rooms without dinner.
                            Really? So i get "a sit down" too?? I responded to his rude comment about me using my eyes to see there's no talent on OUR team. He gets all personal and swears and calls people like me idiots....oh right. He's a "pro-tanker" isn't he??? I see..... Are there any other MODs on here who hold no bias for rude pro-tankers?

Comment

I didn't see your second edit. Toned down my post accordingly.
                              OK cool. NO hard feelings. Just chill out a lil. It was just a joke.

Comment

Really? So i get "a sit down" too?? I responded to his rude comment about me using my eyes to see there's no talent on OUR team. He gets all personal and swears and calls people like me idiots....oh right. He's a "pro-tanker" isn't he??? I see..... Are there any other MODs on here who hold no bias for rude pro-tankers?
                                My message was clearly to both of you. Your pre-edited retort was equally uncalled for.

Comment

Working...
                                X